What Does The 2013 Version of the Cincinnati Reds Look Like?

If Leake and Bailey show they can't handle the extra inning load, does Dusty try Chapman starting a couple of times in Sept. and trust Marshall/Broxton to close in preps for the playoffs or do you hope you win those playoff games with your top 3 so your 4 and 5 don't matter so much?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Leake and Bailey show they can't handle the extra inning load, does Dusty try Chapman starting a couple of times in Sept. and trust Marshall/Broxton to close in preps for the playoffs or do you hope you win those playoff games with your top 3 so your 4 and 5 don't matter so much?

I'd say there's a better chance of GT doing a 360 windmill dunk than Chapman starting in September.

I'd say there's a better chance of GT doing a 360 windmill dunk than Chapman starting in September.
So even if Bailey and Leake stay in a funk, Chapman does not start? Is there any scenario where you try Chapman starting a few times and in the playoffs? Is an injury the only one?

Ask them now and "Dusty and Walt and them" would say Chapman is the best reliever in baseball. If they don't, they should probably go back to high school baseball. Should he start next season? Depends on what they accomplish in the offseason. Can they add another in the same vein as Latos? If they do, I'd park the missile at the back of the pen and that makes that genius manager have to only think about 8 innings on most nights.

Highly doubtful.

Not that many teams are willing to deal young arms like Latos that are under team control and it would really deplete the farm system to do that again. I don't think they have the money to get an older guy who can make a Latos like impact.

Not if you include a big league ready pitcher in return, ala Homer.

Not if you include a big league ready pitcher in return, ala Homer.

Possibly but if a team is willing to deal a guy like Latos most of the time they want young prospects they can control for cheap. Not guys like Homer Bailey that are just now starting to make some real money.

As for the Chapman starting thing, I don't see anyway that happens in the playoffs.

So even if Bailey and Leake stay in a funk, Chapman does not start? Is there any scenario where you try Chapman starting a few times and in the playoffs? Is an injury the only one?

3 man rotation in the playoffs. Cueto, Latos, Arroyo. Missile slams the door at the end. Days off in between make 3 man possible.

Possibly but if a team is willing to deal a guy like Latos most of the time they want young prospects they can control for cheap. Not guys like Homer Bailey that are just now starting to make some real money.

As for the Chapman starting thing, I don't see anyway that happens.

I think I'd dangle Homer and prospects for the right guy. I trust Walt.

IF you lose one of the games with JC or ML going, you got a slim to no chance if you bank on either Homer or Leake in that mix. You bring your horse back out or go to the house and let us all start threads about who stays and who goes in the offseason.