What Does The 2013 Version of the Cincinnati Reds Look Like?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all things equal, if Homer is going good, and if Leake is going good and you had to choose between the two, if you can't see that Homer has the much better stuff, well, there's no point in arguing and you should probably start rooting for the Pirates.

With all things equal, if Homer is going good, and if Leake is going good and you had to choose between the two, if you can't see that Homer has the much better stuff, well, there's no point in arguing and you should probably start rooting for the Pirates.

The only time Leake should touch the field in the playoffs is as DH in the WS.

The only time Leake should touch the field in the playoffs is as DH in the WS.

Maybe long relief, which we all hope they don't need, or as a quality bunter assuming we don't want to burn spidermonkey for a sacrifice.

Maybe long relief, which we all hope they don't need, or as a quality bunter assuming we don't want to burn spidermonkey for a sacrifice.

I'm hoping spidermonkey doesn't make the playoff roster. A pulled hammy would work out just fine on August 30th, and Hamilton could be called up to replace him.

In that case, there won't be a Hamilton sighting until after Sept 1.

Probably but having him for the playoffs could be a huge weapon late in the game when you need to get a guy in scoring position. He will likely be with the club at some point next year IMO so it's worth it.

Probably but having him for the playoffs could be a huge weapon late in the game when you need to get a guy in scoring position. He will likely be with the club at some point next year IMO so it's worth it.

I think I'd prefer to wait. I think I'd let him come up in Sept and see how he does against first rate pitching. I think we can get a good gauge on how he translates to this level in Sept. I'd hate to burn a year if he's really what the Reds need at the top of the lineup if he's gonna sit and watch the post season waiting on an opportunity to pinch run. Besides, you know Dusty is gonna give the old man and spidermonkey every opportunity.