Evan Draper

ColdHard

Thoughts and prayers to the family of Evan Draper and the Conner football family. Evan was an 08 grad of Conner and stand out footballer who went on to play at Center.

Evan passed at home on Thursday. Evan lost his older brother and only sibling, Cameron in 2009.

Evan, may you receive all of the blessings of the Lord. We love you and will always miss you. God bless.

It has taken me a while to post this, as I knew both Evan and his brother Cameron as well as Ralph and Teresa, as the Drapers lived two door up the street from our home prior to us moving earlier in the year.

I am struggling to find the words and courage to tell my daughter of Evan death as the three of them played together day after day in our or their back yards and it was always a joy to see the three of them in the back yard playing army, building snow forts or camping out! :cry:

To lose one son was hard enough but to lose two, the heartache and pain they are going through, my God, I can't image!

Indeed do Theoldguy two favors tonight, say a prayer for Ralph and Teresa and their families and please hug and kiss your own children!

The Draper family has been strong for many years, as I know them personally. Prayers go out to them in their time of need. God Bless them, Mr. & Mrs. Draper now have two angels looking down on them..

Prayers to the Draper family from my family and all of Bluebird nation in this immense time of sadness. It's times like this that really bring home how trivial the inter-school bantering is, as we are all one family in God's eyes and when one is in pain, we all are in pain. To have two children taken to the Lord so early is just unfathomable to me. Ralphie and Theresa are wonderful people and fabulous parents. May the Lord shine His blessings down upon you as Evan is reunited with his brother in Heaven.

May God grant Evan a peaceful journey to his home in heaven. And may He give peace and comfort to the family and friends who are mourning his loss. I have the honor of knowing and working with his uncle -- he is a good man. My heart breaks for the Drapers, but I know they have every confidence that Evan is safely in the arms of his God...waiting to be reunited with them forever.

This one hits me hard in a few ways.

First, as a proud alum of Conner you can sort of place yourself back in his shoes. Walked the same halls. Wore the colors on the field. I'm old but there are plenty of times I feel like "it was just yesterday in Hebron."

Secondly, I have a child who graduated in 2008 and I still look at her as a "kid" with her whole life in front of her.

I won't even try to imagine what it's like to lose not one but two.

On on to victory, hail to the scarlet blue....

As a parent of two children with seizure disorders, I have lived with the same fears the Drapers have now realized. I cannot imagine their pain, nor, can I imagine the challenges to faith they must now be enduring. May God comfort this family and greet these boys into the kingdom of heaven.