2012 London Summer Olympics

TheDeuce

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye Swiwen...final 50m time in the 200IM final faster than Ryan Lochte in the same exact event...16 year old girl...makes perfect sense to me

Chinese Swimmer Gets Another Gold amid Doping Suspicions | Olympics | TIME.com

Yea the 16 year old Chinese swimmer really has me scratching my head. If she's legit then I feel bad for her given the current scrutiny she's undergoing, but it's hard not to find question it.

Women's badminton: Teams are being scolded by officials for purposely trying to loose their matches so they can play an easier team in the next round. Spectators asking for ticket refunds.

Just keep letting the shuttlecock fall to the ground with minimal attempt to hit it. :lol:

Women's badminton: Teams are being scolded by officials for purposely trying to loose their matches so they can play an easier team in the next round. Spectators asking for ticket refunds.

Just keep letting the shuttlecock fall to the ground with minimal attempt to hit it. :lol:

Check out the video...very comical...girls are just hitting the ball into the net on purpose on their serves. It goes over to the other team and they do the same thing.

Badminton players charged with throwing match - Badminton News | NBC Olympics

The venues for a lot of this events are stunning :

Tennis at Wimbledon

The beach volleyball at Horse Guards parade

Wembley stadium

Watching the canoeing now and it looks incredible

London is very cool. This article is very interesting on how the Olympics would look in NYC if they would have won the bid back in 2005.

Examining the pipe dreams and real accomplishments of New York's failed bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics - Grantland

after reading that article there would have been some spectacular venues in NYC.

The venues for a lot of this events are stunning :

Tennis at Wimbledon

The beach volleyball at Horse Guards parade

Wembley stadium

Watching the canoeing now and it looks incredible

London is very cool. This article is very interesting on how the Olympics would look in NYC if they would have won the bid back in 2005.

Examining the pipe dreams and real accomplishments of New York's failed bid to host the 2012 Summer Olympics - Grantland

after reading that article there would have been some spectacular venues in NYC.

Agreed, I think this would be a very cool venue to have seen the games. On a side note my girlfriend works at a hair salon right off of I-275 in NKY, about 10 minutes from CVG Airport, she told me last night that they're had quite a few people come in and get their hair done in preparation for their trips to the Olympics this week.