LSU Offers 8th Grader

Clyde

Read an article tonight about how kids are getting offered earlier and earlier. Seems the NCAA passed a new rule a couple of years ago regarding written offers and it's back fired. The rule was supposed to stop this nonsense. Schools are shooting out verbal offers like water out of a squirt gun. It's crazy I tell ya.

Not surprised really, great size and speed that should only get better over the next 4 years, they won't have a problem finding a position for him and if they do at least their competition doesn't have a shot at him. A sport that generates millions of dollars a year for a lot of schools and people are some how surprised that this is happening. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
Read an article tonight about how kids are getting offered earlier and earlier. Seems the NCAA passed a new rule a couple of years ago regarding written offers and it's back fired. The rule was supposed to stop this nonsense. Schools are shooting out verbal offers like water out of a squirt gun. It's crazy I tell ya.

I don't recall any rule of that nature. I do, however, recall the college hoops coaches' association strongly encouraging their members to not do such things. It didn't go far either, apparently.