Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Votto out 3-4 weeks for Meniscus surgery

Featured Replies

@johnfayman: Votto did not have an MRI until today. "He didn't request it until now," Jocketty said. #reds

 

 

Seriously Walt? A player has to request one before the medical staff, or even the GM suggest one be done? Please tell me the Reds aren't that dumb.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

He played 10 games and All-Star break before MRI. He could be close to being back right now. Can a mod change the title to 3-4 weeks?

@johnfayman: Votto did not have an MRI until today. "He didn't request it until now," Jocketty said. #reds

 

 

Seriously Walt? A player has to request one before the medical staff, or even the GM suggest one be done? Please tell me the Reds aren't that dumb.

 

Unbelievable. :irked:

If Votto told them he was all right, it's understandable. After all, Votto at 70 or 80 percent is better than anyone else the Reds are going to be able to put there.

If Votto told them he was all right, it's understandable. After all, Votto at 70 or 80 percent is better than anyone else the Reds are going to be able to put there.

 

With the way that he was running out in San Fran, after the injury occurred, if I was the GM I would have ordered an MRI ASAP.

I'm sure you're correct. I was reading up on it but the two to four week time I've seen posted doesn't agree with the prognosis I just read on WebMD that indicates after surgery. heavy stresses such as running and squats, should be postponed for some months.

 

There is also a difference between the regular citizen and a stud athlete having these types of surgeries. His recovery will be quicker than if I had the surgery, and not because of his body, but more because of the treatment and quality of care he will be getting. He will be getting paid to rehab and that will be his only focus. So his recovery time will be quicker than an average Joe.

Did I hear them right when they said that since 2009 the Reds are about a .500 ball club without Votto in the lineup?

@johnfayman: Votto did not have an MRI until today. "He didn't request it until now," Jocketty said. #reds

 

 

Seriously Walt? A player has to request one before the medical staff, or even the GM suggest one be done? Please tell me the Reds aren't that dumb.

 

Totally agree. I actually thought it looked like he was getting better until he hit that ball off the wall over the weekend when it looked like he decided not to turn it into a double and stopped hard to go back to 1st it looked like he aggravated the prior injury.

  • Author

I know if I was paying a guy a quarter of a BILLION I would surely request he get an MRI right when he got hurt.

@johnfayman: Votto did not have an MRI until today. "He didn't request it until now," Jocketty said. #reds

 

 

Seriously Walt? A player has to request one before the medical staff, or even the GM suggest one be done? Please tell me the Reds aren't that dumb.

 

I would bet that means that Votto wouldn't take one until Monday.

 

You guys kill me. These people spend more time than you could fathom on their careers, the players, managers, GM's and medical staff. Yet, BGP sits behind their keyboard and second guesses EVERY move by EVERY person in the organization without knowing any details besides what is believed to be the truth from Twitter. Yes, they are human and make mistakes but not nearly as many mistakes as everyone believes.

I would bet that means that Votto wouldn't take one until Monday.

 

You guys kill me. These people spend more time than you could fathom on their careers, the players, managers, GM's and medical staff. Yet, BGP sits behind their keyboard and second guesses EVERY move by EVERY person in the organization without knowing any details besides what is believed to be the truth from Twitter. Yes, they are human and make mistakes but not nearly as many mistakes as everyone believes.

 

 

That's what fans do. They second guess. It's been the nature of fans since the beginning, even more so since we have so much more media coverage these days. It doesn't mean we're right, but what does it hurt to give our opinions. That's what this site is for. For us to express our opinions on how we feel about ballgames, the manager, the GM, players etc....

If the Reds can hover around 500 while Votto is out, they'll be fine.

 

I'm surprised that it took this long to get an MRI. I'm sure Votto said "I'm fine", but what's the harm in doing an MRI just to check things out? Either way, there's no sense in looking back now. Hopefully the Reds will bring up someone that can spell Rolen at third occasionally. If Frazier & Ludwick continue to hit, the Reds can still win ballgames.

 

With Votto out, I think it's definitely time to adjust the lineup. It gives Dusty a good excuse...

That's what fans do. They second guess. It's been the nature of fans since the beginning, even more so since we have so much more media coverage these days. It doesn't mean we're right, but what does it hurt to give our opinions. That's what this site is for. For us to express our opinions on how we feel about ballgames, the manager, the GM, players etc....

 

You don't get tired of second guessing EVERYTHING? I get that's what fans do, believe me, but it gets old when fans start second guessing the decision by the hot dog vendor to keep his ketchup in the right pocket and mustard in the left.

You don't get tired of second guessing EVERYTHING? I get that's what fans do, believe me, but it gets old when fans start second guessing the decision by the hot dog vendor to keep his ketchup in the right pocket and mustard in the left.

 

 

What kind of idiot puts ketchup on their hot dog anyway?

What kind of idiot puts ketchup on their hot dog anyway?

 

I put a tiny bit if I put kraut on the dog. I love ketchup and kraut is only reason why.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.