Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Votto out 3-4 weeks for Meniscus surgery

Featured Replies

Ummm, I'm no doctor, but why was he in the all-star game and in the lineup the last 3 games if there was even a hint of this tear? And I got to believe the medical staff had to know something. However, like I noted in another post, Reds medical staff hasn't been known to be stellar over the past few years.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doing what? Looking for Cardinal fans that jumped off last night? :lol:

 

We were on another bridge.

 

We are just waiting until September to bet going.

Ummm, I'm no doctor, but why was he in the all-star game and in the lineup the last 3 games if there was even a hint of this tear? And I got to believe the medical staff had to know something. However, like I noted in another post, Reds medical staff hasn't been known to be stellar over the past few years.

 

I think they knew all along. If you remember Votto was quoted as saying "They said I couldn't hurt it any worse" after he came back in the Dodgers series after sitting out 2 games.

 

We were on another bridge.

 

We are just waiting until September to bet going.

 

Don't see the Braves choking this year,

Ummm, I'm no doctor, but why was he in the all-star game and in the lineup the last 3 games if there was even a hint of this tear? And I got to believe the medical staff had to know something. However, like I noted in another post, Reds medical staff hasn't been known to be stellar over the past few years.

 

I had a wrestler a few years ago that had a meniscus tear and they told him he had 2 options, surgery now, or deal with the pain. I would say that Joey tried to deal with the pain till the end of the season, and it was just becoming to much, and decided now is better than not being able to play in September and October.

I imagine we may see Xavier Paul get the call.

 

Him or Henry Rodriguez...Frazier will play 1st nearly everyday and hopefully continue to produce and make it nearly impossible for Dusty not to play him at 3rd everyday when Votto returns...Rolen will now play everyday for a while as well and it would be nice to have Henry Rodriguez up here for a few weeks incase Rolen continues to stink...

Hopefully when Rolen needs to sit we can see Frazier at 3rd, Hanigan at 1st, and Mesoraco catching. Perhaps they will call up Navarro so we can see that.

I had a wrestler a few years ago that had a meniscus tear and they told him he had 2 options, surgery now, or deal with the pain. I would say that Joey tried to deal with the pain till the end of the season, and it was just becoming to much, and decided now is better than not being able to play in September and October.

 

I'm sure you're correct. I was reading up on it but the two to four week time I've seen posted doesn't agree with the prognosis I just read on WebMD that indicates after surgery. heavy stresses such as running and squats, should be postponed for some months.

Hopefully when Rolen needs to sit we can see Frazier at 3rd, Hanigan at 1st, and Mesoraco catching. Perhaps they will call up Navarro so we can see that.

 

Cairo will play first before Hanigan.

I'm sure you're correct. I was reading up on it but the two to four week time I've seen posted doesn't agree with the prognosis I just read on WebMD that indicates after surgery. heavy stresses such as running and squats, should be postponed for some months.

 

I know a HS wrestler this year that had surgery the Monday after state tournament and wrestled at Flow nationals this year in April about 7 weeks or so later. It can be done. All depends on the true level of the tear, which they won't know until they open him up.

 

Cairo will play first before Hanigan.

 

I'm sure you're right, but If you want to play your best offensive players to make up for missing your MVP.......

 

I know a HS wrestler this year that had surgery the Monday after state tournament and wrestled at Flow nationals this year in April about 7 weeks or so later. It can be done. All depends on the true level of the tear, which they won't know until they open him up.

 

It's supposed to be arthroscopic surgery, so hopefully it will just be a small incision

It's supposed to be arthroscopic surgery, so hopefully it will just be a small incision

 

His was about the size of a nickle or so, nothing big and now it just looks like a small scar.

Don't see the Braves choking this year,

 

Nope, but I didn't see happening last year going into September but they got hit with some injuries. You never know what might happen between now and the end.

 

Nope, but I didn't see happening last year going into September but they got hit with some injuries. You never know what might happen between now and the end.

 

You're right, it's a very tough break for the Reds. You don't replace a Joey Votto, but we all know it's the pitching, and not the offense that has the Reds where they are. I think we may see the rest of the offense respond positively.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.