Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

I don't believe he was on the ballot ... he wasn't with the Nationals at the start of the season.

 

His production, especially at his age, fuels the hype.

 

 

Wasn't he one of the last 4 or 5 players the fans had a chance to vote on to the team? There's no doubt doing what he has done at his age is very impressive, and I have no doubt he will be a star for years to come, but I stand by my comment that his inclusion on this year's team is ridiculous.

  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't he one of the last 4 or 5 players the fans had a chance to vote on to the team? There's no doubt doing what he has done at his age is very impressive, and I have no doubt he will be a star for years to come, but I stand by my comment that his inclusion on this year's team is ridiculous.
And with the Cardinals promoting votes for Freese, it was going to be hard to beat him out.

 

I will stand by my assertion that having Harper on the team is anything but ridiculous.

Based on his #'s, it's ridiculous.

 

Based on his potential and impact on the game, not so much.

 

Honestly, I would not have been surprised if he was the last one in or the next one that didn't make it in.

And with the Cardinals promoting votes for Freese, it was going to be hard to beat him out.

 

I will stand by my assertion that having Harper on the team is anything but ridiculous.

 

 

So the Nationals weren't promoting votes for Harper? Did the fans of every other team vote for Freese because of the Cardinals promoting him? You can say it isn't ridiculous all you want, but you know his numbers don't warrant an All Star selection.

Based on his #'s, it's ridiculous.

 

Based on his potential and impact on the game, not so much.

 

Honestly, I would not have been surprised if he was the last one in or the next one that didn't make it in.

 

 

Exactly. Since when have players been picked by the manager based on potential, and not their numbers for that particular year?

Exactly. Since when have players been picked by the manager based on potential, and not their numbers for that particular year?

 

I've seen him make some really good plays and he has a cannon from the OF but hasn't he struggled a bit defensively?

So the Nationals weren't promoting votes for Harper? Did the fans of every other team vote for Freese because of the Cardinals promoting him? You can say it isn't ridiculous all you want, but you know his numbers don't warrant an All Star selection.
The Cardinals' rabid fan base gave Freese an edge, I suspect.

 

It's not all about the numbers, and I never said it was. Harper is one of the rising stars of the game, like it or not.

The Cardinals' rabid fan base gave Freese an edge, I suspect.

 

It's not all about the numbers, and I never said it was. Harper is one of the rising stars of the game, like it or not.

 

 

I have nothing against Harper. I like him. I've defended him before when he was accused of being arrogant. No doubt he has the potential to be a future star for years to come. He clearly has all the tools, but he clearly made it because of the hype, and not because he deserved it.

I doubt it, but could this be a concession since he easily makes the futures game but got called up earlier than expected due to an injury?

There are a lot more to stats than BA-HR-RBI ... go on and keep grinding the axe.

 

And quit lecturing me about what you think is my disdain for the Reds. I was adamant about Cueto being shafted on his non-selection.

 

Frazier is a serviceable player who probably was a bit over his head in the first half. Harper is a guy that has a chance to be one of the game's superstars. If you're baseball and trying to promote the sport, who do you think fans would rather see .. Harper or Frazier?

 

As for the bolded, you are absolutely correct. I like to call these stats, the numbers inside the numbers. Very interesting numbers if you have the time to go digging.( Look under situational stats ).

 

I don't do the ax grinding thing, but I do like to see the facts, good or bad.

Didi has been promoted to AAA.

 

Hamilton to AA soon?

Hamilton to AA soon?

 

He was scheduled to go to AA after the futures game. I'd say he'll be there in the next day or two.

He was scheduled to go to AA after the futures game. I'd say he'll be there in the next day or two.

 

He tweeted that he would be playing in the game there tonight.

Didi has been promoted to AAA.

 

Hamilton to AA soon?

 

He was scheduled to go to AA after the futures game. I'd say he'll be there in the next day or two.

 

He tweeted that he would be playing in the game there tonight.

 

 

Gregorius is leading off, and playing SS for Pensacola tonight. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.