Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

So what if he's one of the most talked about players. His numbers aren't All Stat caliber. There are a lot more deserving players. Heck, Todd Frazier's numbers are just as good, if not better in 70 less AB, and you would laugh at anybody that suggested he should have made it. If he were a Red you have blasted the choice. It's ridiculous.
Really, I don't care who makes it, and I especially don't care what team they're playing for.
  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, I don't care who makes it, and I especially don't care what team they're playing for.

 

Well you certainly came to Harper's rescue.

Hype shouldn't equal an All Star selection, and you of all people should know that. Do you feel it would have been ridiculous for Todd Frazier to have been selected?

I do but Phillips should have before Harper. Whats ridiculous is his own Manager wont play him everyday and releaseRolen or make him a part time player coach

Well you certainly came to Harper's rescue.

Hype shouldn't equal an All Star selection, and you of all people should know that. Do you feel it would have been ridiculous for Todd Frazier to have been selected?

We talk a lot about grandpa Rolen too but he shouldnt be on the All Star squad:idunno:

Why is it so ridiculous? He is arguably the best hitter on the team with the best record in the National League ... and let's face it, he is already one of the game's most talked-about players.
Well you certainly came to Harper's rescue.

Hype shouldn't equal an All Star selection, and you of all people should know that. Do you feel it would have been ridiculous for Todd Frazier to have been selected?

Harper isn't all hype ... he has been pretty productive. I wouldn't say I came to his rescue. I simply pointed out his inclusion is defensible.
Harper isn't all hype ... he has been pretty productive. I wouldn't say I came to his rescue. I simply pointed out his inclusion is defensible.

 

He made it on hype, and not his numbers. You didn't answer my question about Frazier.

He made it on hype, and not his numbers. You didn't answer my question about Frazier.
Isn't the All-Star Game about promoting the game and its stars? I would think Harper qualifies for that.

 

As far as Frazier ... really, I don't care who makes it to the All-Star Game, and I don't watch it.

Isn't the All-Star Game about promoting the game and its stars? I would think Harper qualifies for that.

 

As far as Frazier ... really, I don't care who makes it to the All-Star Game, and I don't watch it.

 

 

So a .280 average, 8 HR and 29 RBI make you a star? Then by all means Todd Frazier is a star, and should be on the All Star team.

So a .280 average, 8 HR and 29 RBI make you a star? Then by all means Todd Frazier is a star, and should be on the All Star team.
There are a lot more to stats than BA-HR-RBI ... go on and keep grinding the axe.

 

And quit lecturing me about what you think is my disdain for the Reds. I was adamant about Cueto being shafted on his non-selection.

 

Frazier is a serviceable player who probably was a bit over his head in the first half. Harper is a guy that has a chance to be one of the game's superstars. If you're baseball and trying to promote the sport, who do you think fans would rather see .. Harper or Frazier?

There are a lot more to stats than BA-HR-RBI ... go on and keep grinding the axe.

 

And quit lecturing me about what you think is my disdain for the Reds. I was adamant about Cueto being shafted on his non-selection.

 

Frazier is a serviceable player who probably was a bit over his head in the first half. Harper is a guy that has a chance to be one of the game's superstars. If you're baseball and trying to promote the sport, who do you think fans would rather see .. Harper or Frazier?

 

 

 

I only mentioned Frazier and the Reds because Frazier has better numbers than Harper. Don't say he deserves it because of his production. It's all about the hype, and nothing more. That's the point I was trying to get across.

There are a lot more to stats than BA-HR-RBI ... go on and keep grinding the axe.

 

And quit lecturing me about what you think is my disdain for the Reds. I was adamant about Cueto being shafted on his non-selection.

 

Frazier is a serviceable player who probably was a bit over his head in the first half. Harper is a guy that has a chance to be one of the game's superstars. If you're baseball and trying to promote the sport, who do you think fans would rather see .. Harper or Frazier?

 

I have no dog in this fight but Fraizer has the edge IMO with less at bats.

 

Frazier: 180 AB 9 HR 29 RBI 52 SO .278 AVG .345 OBP .556 SLG .901 OPS

 

Harper: 248 AB 8 HR 25 RBI 53 SO .282 AVG .354 OBP .472 SLG .826 OPS

I am well aware of the stats ... stats aren't everything.

I am well aware of the stats ... stats aren't everything.

 

You're right, hype is apparently. :D

Edited by HammerTime

I am well aware of the stats ... stats aren't everything.

 

So you admit it was the hype that go him in, and not his production? By the way if the fans were so enamored with wanting to see him, why didn't they vote him in?

So you admit it was the hype that go him in, and not his production? By the way if the fans were so enamored with wanting to see him, why didn't they vote him in?
I don't believe he was on the ballot ... he wasn't with the Nationals at the start of the season.

 

His production, especially at his age, fuels the hype.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.