Question for die-hard MLB fans that are also die-hard NFL fans

I love the NFL, it is by far my favorite league/sport, and I can never get enough of it. The NFL has done some expanding (more Thursday night games and Sunday night being a fixture) and those two additions are eye candy for me. But still, I never get enough because there are not that many games played vs. a sport like MLB. So my question for you die-hard baseball fans that are also passionate about the NFL, do you get the same satisfaction out of watching a baseball game that I get from watching a football game and/or do you get the same satisfaction from watching a baseball game that you get from watching a football game assuming you are a die-hard fan of both sports?

If so you are one lucky person because baseball is on all the time and each team plays ten times the games that football teams play.

Or, is the enjoyment you get out of watching a baseball game much less because it is so available that getting your fix really isn't that important?

I love baseball however I definitely am more of an NFL fan. I know when it comes to MLB I enjoy it, but I bet I would really love it even more if they cut their season down. There are just so many games to the season, and one loss or a win on one night as a fan does not mean that much. Sucks for a minute, but then its ok hopefully they bounce back tomorrow. Or even if they didn't cut down their season, I would love it if they awarded the teams in 1st at the all star break playoff spots too, this way creates some more drama earlier in the season too, and games more meaningful even at the beginning.

Baseball is by far my favorite sport to watch, and yes I would say I get the same enjoyment out of watching 162 Reds games as you do watching 16 Bengals games.

So you would say you get tens times the enjoyment I do?

I think it's just different. Since there are so many baseball games and much fewer football games the impact of each football game is much greater. I also find baseball to be something of a relaxing sport, whereas I find football more intense. I love kicking back and watching the Reds play, but I'm more on the edge of my seat when watching the Bengals play. That doesn't mean I like the Bengals more than the Reds, or NFL more than MLB, but it's just the different nature of each sport.

So you would say you get tens times the enjoyment I do?

I think it'd be hard to quantify the exact amount of enjoyment. It's sort of like comparing taking a week's vacation, versus having a month of 3 day weekends...both are good, but different in their own way.

Like Habib said, the NFL is more exciting/intense, albeit for a shorter amount of time. And if you live and die with your team, that week in between really allows you to savor a victory or let a defeat fester. With baseball, there's not the same type of highs and lows...but there is excitement if your team is doing well in the long haul.

So basically it comes down to quality (NFL) versus quantity (MLB)...I personally just like baseball just a little more.

I don't get much enjoyment from meaningless games, but Reds games, I enjoy every second of them, just like I enjoy every second of every Bengals game.

I appreciate all the comments but this is specifically what I was looking for.

You are very lucky Blue Magic!

I prefer baseball. I love both, in fact I'm a die hard of both the bengals and the reds.

In baseball I enjoy a game every day so much that I absolutely hate an off day. I don't know what to do with myself if i don't have a game to watch. I'll plan it around my activity and i watch/listen to every game, every game.

I appreciate all the comments but this is specifically what I was looking for.

You are very lucky Blue Magic!

:thumb:

I also enjoy every second of Lakers games and UK basketball and baseball games. NFL games are more relevant because of fantasy football, too.

I prefer baseball. I love both, in fact I'm a die hard of both the bengals and the reds.

In baseball I enjoy a game every day so much that I absolutely hate an off day. I don't know what to do with myself if i don't have a game to watch. I'll plan it around my activity and i watch/listen to every game, every game.

Wow! Awesome!

Off days are the worst. I also hate days without a day game. It should be mandatory that I have some game to listen to each and every work day.