What's the coolest "natural sight" you've ever seen?

I hope you do someday. Obviously I highly recommend it.

I plan on it, for sure. I think my top three places to see right now are the Badlands, the California Redwood Forest, and Olympic National Park or Olympic Peninsula Waterfall Trail.

I can't believe how relatively few people know about the Olympic National Park. I look at pictures of it and it makes my head spin. (Do yourself a favor and click the link I posted to it, above.) Yellowstone is amazing because it's...well...Yellowstone. I have no doubt about the Grand Canyon or Grand Teton being phenomenal either, but for me, I just can't wait to get myself to the Olympic Peninsula with a backpack, hiking boots, and a couple of weeks to wonder around.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ominousphoto.jpg

Def not cool...saw this sign covered in vultures last week on the side of Hwy 90 between Burnside and Monticello. The birds were between a foot and a half and two feet high each.

Very Eerie, they were there the next morning 14 hours later and a few were still there two days later.

Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park is one the prettiest places that I've been.

Beautiful place...I lived out there for many years, and the mountain goats and how they move easily along the sides of the mountains is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite trip I have ever done was a couple of years ago, the family and I spent 6 weeks in an RV and went to the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Grand Tetons in WY, and spent a week in Yellowstone National Park. They were all very cool and saw so many animals. We saw bear, wolves, foxes, owls, swans, moose, elk, etc. I would love to put a few pictures up. Yellowstone by itself, is amazing. Depending which part of the park you are in, it is like a different world. The Badlands were amazing and the needle point hwy in SD was very cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw breeching Humpback Whales in Cabo this past Feb. Also had one pass directly under the small glass bottom boat and look up at us. Very Cool.

Also recommend Yosemite........Makes you feel 1 inch tall. Highly recomend taking the tour bus up to Glacier Point to view half dome and instead of taking the bus back...if you can do it......hike the 6 mile, down hill trail, back down to the valley. A wonderful day spent with the family. Used the family picture with half dome in the background as Xmas card.