Who will they hire at Morehead State?

Who is going to follow Donnie Tyndall at Morehead State?

It might be a competition between two former University of Kentucky point guards — and not John Wall and Brandon Knight.

How about Saul Smith and Sean Woods?

Smith, of course, has worked as one of his father’s top assistants at Minnesota for the last five seasons. Tubby has entrusted him with a ton of recruiting and scouting work — and Saul has always been great interacting with the media.

Woods won the SWAC at Mississippi Valley State this season. His teams have improved every year — jumping from 7-25 to 9-23 to 13-19 to 21-13. He was a runner-up to Tyndall for the job at Southern Mississippi.

One other name to note: Pikeville coach Kelly Wells. He was named NAIA Coach of the Year last season. He played at Morehead State and Rowan County High School.

A group of solid candidates for Morehead to consider.

UK Point Guard Competition For Morehead Job? | Rick Bozich

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it seems like Woods could do better if he was in contention for Southern Miss. I would not bring Smith back to Kentucky. Wells would be great for obvious reasons. I think Pelphrey could do better.

I know Tyndall obviously built some cache with the program, but is Morehead State considered an attractive OVC job?

To me it seems like Woods could do better if he was in contention for Southern Miss. I would not bring Smith back to Kentucky. Wells would be great for obvious reasons. I think Pelphrey could do better.

I know Tyndall obviously built some cache with the program, but is Morehead State considered an attractive OVC job?

How many of these are there?

Give it to Scott Humphrey.

He is happy where he is......:D

What about Darrin Horn? I don't know if he would be interested in taking a step (or two) back down the coaching ladder, but it might just be what he needs at this point in his career.

I agree with you, I think Darrin would be a great choice, along with Wells.

How many of these are there?

I am talking about overall community support and facilities. Murray State, Belmont, and APSU I assume would be at the top of the list as far as OVC schools go. Just like in any conference there would be a pecking order of tradition and university commitment.