Here come the hate crimes.

jericho

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. We get it. Hate crimes and those motivated by race occur by everyone. A lot of idiots out there. One side gets more attention. That point has been made countless times. Though I think your issue is more about the President meddling in trivial (for lack of a better term) affairs. Why not start a thread on what the President(s) should get involved with and those issues they should not. :thumb:

Yes. We get it. Hate crimes and those motivated by race occur by everyone. A lot of idiots out there. One side gets more attention. That point has been made countless times. Though I think your issue is more about the President meddling in trivial (for lack of a better term) affairs. Why not start a thread on what the President(s) should get involved with and those issues they should not. :thumb:

So Trayvon Martin get killed by a WHITE Hispanic, the President talks about it, it gets numerous post and comments on BGP, but when I put one on to show the other side it isnt fair or overdone. Well I hope the next time a thread is started over something like a Confederate Dress, a what would you do if your were white, is thug a racist comment, etc, YOU be sure to let them know it has been over done and talk about something else. It all has to do with my threads showing other views and sides and YES I will criticise the POTUS for his stupidity of making comments for one group and not the other. So unless you want to give me back my subscription money I will continue to mention the other side of the news most dont want to think happens or is out there.

So Trayvon Martin get killed by a WHITE Hispanic, the President talks about it, it gets numerous post and comments on BGP, but when I put one on to show the other side it isnt fair or overdone. Well I hope the next time a thread is started over something like a Confederate Dress, a what would you do if your were white, is thug a racist comment, etc, YOU be sure to let them know it has been over done and talk about something else. It all has to do with my threads showing other views and sides and YES I will criticise the POTUS for his stupidity of making comments for one group and not the other. So unless you want to give me back my subscription money I will continue to mention the other side of the news most dont want to think happens or is out there.
Oh, don't be so dramatic. You are free start whatever thread you wish. The President did not talk about it because Martin was killed by a WHITE Hispanic. He talked about it because it started garnering a lot of national attention. Maybe for that reason, but it was not the sole factor in the President getting involved. As you have said, he would be getting involved in these type of issues all the time. I think a better question would be - and why I suggest you start it - at what point should the President take a stand on a local issue such as the Martin case or the Louis Gates arrest in Cambridge, etc.?

Oh, don't be so dramatic. You are free start whatever thread you wish. The President did not talk about it because Martin was killed by a WHITE Hispanic. He talked about it because it started garnering a lot of national attention. Maybe for that reason, but it was not the sole factor in the President getting involved. As you have said, he would be getting involved in these type of issues all the time. I think a better question would be - and why I suggest you start it - at what point should the President take a stand on a local issue such as the Martin case or the Louis Gates arrest in Cambridge, etc.?

He talked about it because he was ASKED. Maybe mtnref can get WH press credentials and ask him about all these other incidents.

Exactly. Which he was asked because it started garnering national attention.

I think that's an important point that mtnref needs to consider...that President Obama was asked. When reading his posts, if I didn't know the facts, I'd definitely be led to perceive that President Obama made a point to speak about the incident on his own, without provocation. It's a very, very important distinction. I know...I'm belaboring the point...but it's that important, IMO.

If Obama had been asked about Trayvon and he either didn't know about the case or had he not replied he would have been criticized for not being in touch with the problems of America. Obama can't win in this situations.

Yea, but if winning means making mountain ref happy I'd rather be losing.

He talked about it because he was ASKED. Maybe mtnref can get WH press credentials and ask him about all these other incidents.

And for one second dont think the WH staff doesn't already know the questions that will be asked and probably give the questions to ask so it makes the Pres. look good. The Pres. is already preped for the questions and questions are screened. It wasnt just some random question about Trayvon Martin, it was a set up question. Race = votes.

Helen Thomas has been a long time fixture amongst the White House press corps. Chip Reid, CBS reporter, is younger but still experienced in the ways of Washington, and opined along the following lines as Thomas.

Her recent exchange with Robert Gibbs regarding the pre-screened questions from invited or screened audience members at a pending town hall meeting with Barack Obama, appeared to quash the White House’s election mantra of a new kind of open and accessible government in Washington.

“The point is the control from here. We have never had that in the White House. And we have had some control but not this control. I mean I’m amazed, I’m amazed at you people who call for openness and transparency and have controlled…” veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas said Wednesday.

The statement by Obama came after he introduced Dartmouth President Jim Kim to be the next head of the World Bank during an appearance in the Rose Garden. He took only one question before heading back into the West Wing -- signaling that both he and his press handlers were feeling pressure, coming from black activists and others, to make a public comment on the Martin case.