Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Here come the hate crimes.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Here was the question asked by the reporter to President B.H.O.

The reporter asked, "Mr. President, may I ask you about this current case in Florida, very controversial, allegations of lingering racism within our society -- the so-called 'do not' -- I'm sorry -- 'Stand Your Ground law' and the justice in that? Can you comment on the Trayvon Martin case, sir?"

 

Here was the answer, and may I add what a great answer for someone who was jsut randomly asked a question about it, I am suprised he even had the time to think about him looking like him with such a random question and a short time to answer a random question.

"Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together, federal state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

 

So I'm glad that not only is the justice dept is looking into it, I understand now the government of the state of Florida has

formed a task force to investigate what's taken place.

 

I think all of us need to do some soul searching to figure out how this happened, and that means we examine the laws, context of what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident, but my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know,

if I had a son he would look like Trayvon, and you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

 

WOW, what an answer, I am shocked he keeps up with such local matters so well, maybe if paid more attention to our economy he could fix it.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Wow I am still waiting for all those on here that said he was just simply asked, to comment on how he just simply had the WH staff add the question. Are you all that naive to think this was just some random question? It was set up and you all fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Thinking the POTUS actually cares about the local problems. Racial tension=votes

Here was the question asked by the reporter to President B.H.O.

The reporter asked, "Mr. President, may I ask you about this current case in Florida, very controversial, allegations of lingering racism within our society -- the so-called 'do not' -- I'm sorry -- 'Stand Your Ground law' and the justice in that? Can you comment on the Trayvon Martin case, sir?"

 

Here was the answer, and may I add what a great answer for someone who was jsut randomly asked a question about it, I am suprised he even had the time to think about him looking like him with such a random question and a short time to answer a random question.

"Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together, federal state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

 

So I'm glad that not only is the justice dept is looking into it, I understand now the government of the state of Florida has

formed a task force to investigate what's taken place.

 

I think all of us need to do some soul searching to figure out how this happened, and that means we examine the laws, context of what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident, but my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know,

if I had a son he would look like Trayvon, and you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

 

WOW, what an answer, I am shocked he keeps up with such local matters so well, maybe if paid more attention to our economy he could fix it.

 

Wow! Seriously? You go from Trayvon Martin to the economy? I'm sure you have all types of great ideas on how to fix the economy. You should write a book, or better yet, send letter to the Republican party and maybe they will have an idea on how to fix it also..

  • Author
Wow! Seriously? You go from Trayvon Martin to the economy? I'm sure you have all types of great ideas on how to fix the economy. You should write a book, or better yet, send letter to the Republican party and maybe they will have an idea on how to fix it also..

 

If he is so up to date on Trayvon Martin and so involved with it, maybe he should find out more about the jobs being lost and economy sinking. I wouldrather have my President speak about the economy than stir up some race issue, which has apparently happened now since he spoke to the liberal media

Wow I am still waiting for all those on here that said he was just simply asked, to comment on how he just simply had the WH staff add the question. Are you all that naive to think this was just some random question? It was set up and you all fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Thinking the POTUS actually cares about the local problems. Racial tension=votes

 

How does racial tension=votes? Seems like most white people get defensive and to the other way when racial tension is present. Seems like Obama playing up racial tension would hurt him amongst white voters which is what he'd need to win the election.

  • Author

The white people do not care about the race issue and Trayvon Martin getting killed. I mean do you see a lot of white people out protesting. I mean people get killed everyday, blacks kill whites, whites kill blacks, mexicans kill whites, blacks, etc. It doesnt seem to ever be an issue unles a black person is killed by a white person and then it is all of a sudden a race thing.

The white people do not care about the race issue and Trayvon Martin getting killed. I mean do you see a lot of white people out protesting. I mean people get killed everyday, blacks kill whites, whites kill blacks, mexicans kill whites, blacks, etc. It doesnt seem to ever be an issue unles a black person is killed by a white person and then it is all of a sudden a race thing.

 

Sigh....what I am saying is that if Obama rubs white people the wrong way when speaking on racial issues he may lose votes. We can't have a conversation about race on BGP without people getting rubbed the wrong way. Obama could lose white votes by addressing racial issues. That's what I am saying.

 

You keep adding race into the equation. Take race out of the equation and you have a grown man killing a weapon less kid. That doesn't happen everyday. Race is complicating the situation for sure but at the gist of it a grown man killing a weapon less kid is the issue. Yes, Obama addressed the racial aspect of this case which is why I said he could hurt his white votes.

I guess that I am an anomaly but I am a "white Hispanic" that does care about Trayvon Martin getting killed.

 

Shoot, if not for the Trayvon Martin case I never would have known what a "white Hispanic" was. :lol:

  • Author
I guess that I am an anomaly but I am a "white Hispanic" that does care about Trayvon Martin getting killed.

 

 

 

Most do care, I care. But if not for the Pres. not really anyone would have known, and it has become a full race issue now, which has already led to more than one racial hate crime against whites.

  • Author
Sigh....what I am saying is that if Obama rubs white people the wrong way when speaking on racial issues he may lose votes. We can't have a conversation about race on BGP without people getting rubbed the wrong way. Obama could lose white votes by addressing racial issues. That's what I am saying.

 

You keep adding race into the equation. Take race out of the equation and you have a grown man killing a weapon less kid. That doesn't happen everyday. Race is complicating the situation for sure but at the gist of it a grown man killing a weapon less kid is the issue. Yes, Obama addressed the racial aspect of this case which is why I said he could hurt his white votes.

 

I dont think white people killing the same as blacks do. It seems like if a black guy kills a white guy then no big deal. But if it is the other way around it is a hate crime motivated by race.

Most do care, I care. But if not for the Pres. not really anyone would have known, and it has become a full race issue now, which has already led to more than one racial hate crime against whites.

 

In fairness, he made it an even bigger story but it was starting to take off before he was asked about it. Now he could have avoided the question or answered differently, but that is for another debate...

I dont think white people killing the same as blacks do. It seems like if a black guy kills a white guy then no big deal. But if it is the other way around it is a hate crime motivated by race.
That gets back to the media and their clamoring for a race story. I believe they subconsciously wanted Zimmerman to be a white vigilante that attacked Martin solely on the grounds of him being an innocent black person and making it out to be the motivation for his attack. It is a little more complex than that obviously, but that is just the media being the media. The racial injustice in this case is about what happened following the incident. That is what gets lost in all of this and what upsets me the most.
I guess that I am an anomaly but I am a "white Hispanic" that does care about Trayvon Martin getting killed.
You're Hispanic?! Oh man...now I'm going to have to start discriminating against you and everything! :irked:

 

 

 

 

:cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.