Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henderson County open

Featured Replies

Mark Starns let go after 5 years on the job. Who will get this job?

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wonder if he will apply for the Montgomery Co or Bourbon Co jobs?

I had been wondering if Starns was safe, but figured that if Henderson was planning to make a change, it would've been done before now.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wonder if he will apply for the Montgomery Co or Bourbon Co jobs?

 

As much as he liked the area, I could see it happening. Pendleton County wouldn't be out of the question either.

As much as he liked the area, I could see it happening. Pendleton County wouldn't be out of the question either.

 

Agree or Dunbar either.

Why did they let him go?

Seems like a job where the right person could be incredibly successful.

Who will be the likely top candidates for this job?

I have said this on other threads in the past but I can't help but think that if a good job came open in Western Kentucky that North Oldham coach and former Holmes coach David Henley wouldn't be interested. He is from Carlisle County, and has won a state title. Maybe Henderson Co will give him a phone call and see if there is any interest.

I have said this on other threads in the past but I can't help but think that if a good job came open in Western Kentucky that North Oldham coach and former Holmes coach David Henley wouldn't be interested. He is from Carlisle County, and has won a state title. Maybe Henderson Co will give him a phone call and see if there is any interest.

 

They are taking aplications through Friday. Really quick deadline, makes me feel like they have already offered it to someone that has accepted it. Not wasting anytime hiring I dont think.

I have said this on other threads in the past but I can't help but think that if a good job came open in Western Kentucky that North Oldham coach and former Holmes coach David Henley wouldn't be interested. He is from Carlisle County, and has won a state title. Maybe Henderson Co will give him a phone call and see if there is any interest.
Henley interviewed at Henderson County back in the 90s, before he got the Holmes job. Henderson picked Phil Gibson over him, as I recall. He was also a finalist at Marshall County a few years ago, when they hired Gus Gillespie.

 

If Henley has any interest in coming back to the west, it might be for the McCracken County job, which comes open in the spring of 2013. I suspect he will be high on McCracken's list if he chooses to pursue it.

I think Coach Starns was in a no win situation. Some players violated team and school rules and he dismissed them from the team. Then parents got involved and you know where that went.

 

 

 

toliet.jpg

I think Coach Starns was in a no win situation. Some players violated team and school rules and he dismissed them from the team. Then parents got involved and you know where that went.

 

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36402[/ATTACH]

This year's 18-15 record was easily his worst at the school. I glanced at his record at HC, and he won plenty of games. He was probably every bit of 50 games above .500 at the school when they fired him. Tough gig.

 

He didn't win any regions there, but didn't exactly lose to bad teams. Heights when they had Hopson and company, Christian County (with an LSU player) three times, and this year's Hoptown team that won 32 games were regional champs during his time at HC.

 

Henderson certainly passes the smell test for being a good job. Maybe you HAVE to win regions there tough.

I have said this on other threads in the past but I can't help but think that if a good job came open in Western Kentucky that North Oldham coach and former Holmes coach David Henley wouldn't be interested. He is from Carlisle County, and has won a state title. Maybe Henderson Co will give him a phone call and see if there is any interest.

 

I believe Henley left Holmes partly because his wife taught/teaches at North Oldham.

I believe Henley left Holmes partly because his wife taught/teaches at North Oldham.

 

She did not go there until he got the job. She was teaching in NKY.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.