Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Cov Cath 1/06

Featured Replies

Any Thought on this match up. It should be a good one

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tim is back for the Colonels I'll talk them at home by 10.

If Tim is back for the Colonels I'll talk them at home by 10.

Right now he's questionable. He will dress for the Beechwood game (but it is unlikely that he will play), I wouldn't be surprised if he is a "game-time decision" for this one. With or without him, I see the Colonels stepping it up at home to win.

With Tierney- CCH by 12

Without Tierney- CCH by 4

With Highlands weak schedule thus far I do not even see this being a contest. :D The real question here besides Tierney will be whether the officials let the kids play or call all of the ticky tack stuff. If this game is allowed to get physical, I look for the Birds to make this a close game.

I have seen the Colonels play twice this year and I have yet to see Highlands play. With that being said, I know of a few Highlands players and I have the utmost respect for Coach Schlarman. I believe he is the best coach in the region and I don't see them losing to Cov Cath by 12 points, even if Tim is playing. He will have his kids ready to play and they will get down and really defend Cov Cath. When Schlarman was with Brossart, he beat Cov Cath several times with (arguably) less talent than this Highlands team has. I see this game being very tight until the end.

With Highlands weak schedule thus far I do not even see this being a contest. :D The real question here besides Tierney will be whether the officials let the kids play or call all of the ticky tack stuff. If this game is allowed to get physical, I look for the Birds to make this a close game.

 

Lets hope it doesn't get as ugly as last year's game. I love physical b-ball but last year the boys in stripes let it go too far and made the game quite ugly and unenjoyable. I've never left a game so disappointed despite my team winning.

Where is this game being played? Highlands or Cov. Cath.

Where is this game being played? Highlands or Cov. Cath.

Cov Cath

Cov Cath

 

Thanks. Go Birds :banana:

CovCath 58

Highlands 47

Lets hope it doesn't get as ugly as last year's game. I love physical b-ball but last year the boys in stripes let it go too far and made the game quite ugly and unenjoyable. I've never left a game so disappointed despite my team winning.

 

I agree with that - last year, wasn't the score something like 12-10 or 12-12 at halftime?

 

Talk about U-G-L-Y.

Who has Cov Cath played and beat this year?

Who has Cov Cath played and beat this year?

 

From Cov Cath's website:

 

Win - @ Dunbar - 69-58

Win - Ashland Paul Blazer - 91-40

Win - St. Henry - 66-49

Win - @ Conner - 70-41

Win - Lexington Lafayette - 63-49

Win - Cincinnati Western Hills (Big win, but no score)

Loss - @ Elder

Loss - 5/3 Classic - Owensboro Catholic

Win - 5/3 Classic - Calloway County - About a 10 point Win

Win - 5/3 Classic - Pulaski Southwestern - About 10 points

Win - Beechwood

thanks Colonel Crazy. Should be a fun game Friday night. Hope the refs really let them play. HHS just came back from the 5th region where they let them get in there and play some aggressive basketball.

Tim will play, and good chance he will start. Michael Young recieved a nice cut above his eye vs. Beechwood and good chance he'll need stitches, but I would think he'll still start.

 

TJ has to let the game come to him. Looks like he was forcing things at times tonight vs. Beechwood. He had to when Tim was gone, but now that he's back let the game come to him. Let Tim penetrate and dish and TJ himself more open allowing his shots to fall.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.