Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One-and-done? Wish that were the case with tiresome anti-Cal argument

Featured Replies

Let's not forget that all of the elite programs recruit the same guys. Are there any programs that would have turned down Anthony Davis if he wanted to play for them because they knew he was one and done?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^It is when he's recruited one and done type players. They've simply choosen to go elsewhere.

 

True. Even coaches who do not want high level need to do it. They have to play the current game. Even when it is not in their DNA. You can not ignore and AD or other high level talent. I think after Team Turmoil Tubby quit doing it and it showed with the results.

True. Even coaches who do not want high level need to do it. They have to play the current game. Even when it is not in their DNA. You can not ignore and AD or other high level talent. I think after Team Turmoil Tubby quit doing it and it showed with the results.

Quit doing it and not being able to do it are 2 different things. The Tubby "brand" wasn't there anymore and he wasn't able to get those players and he wasn't able to make his players better.

I've always liked Doyel. I miss him and Egger on the radio together and "The Two Angry Guys."

Coach K has been recruiting one and done players for years. Luol Deng, Austin Rivers and Kyrie Irving were all one and dones. Most one and done players don't want to go to Duke. Can you blame them?

Coach K has been recruiting one and done players for years. Luol Deng, Austin Rivers and Kyrie Irving were all one and dones. Most one and done players don't want to go to Duke. Can you blame them?

 

Can't blame them at all and I feel Rivers might have been better off playing elsewhere (not saying UK).

Did Pitino clarify that he wasn't lying when he made his statement.

 

You need to watch the post-game presser. When he made the statement about saying hello and goodbye after 7 months, he did say "it wasn't him, not that John (Calipari) doesn't value those relationships, because I'm sure he does."

^But it's not true. He recruits the same guys, he just can't convince them to go to UofL. It's not like he doesn't try, because he doesn't believe in it, he just can't get them to come.

^But it's not true. He recruits the same guys, he just can't convince them to go to UofL. It's not like he doesn't try, because he doesn't believe in it, he just can't get them to come.

 

I'm just stating what he said in the presser, not the truth of it. He didn't qualify his comments so he wasn't bold-face lying. Some reporters are smarter than we give them credit for, they can do the research like Doyel.

Can't blame them at all and I feel Rivers might have been better off playing elsewhere (not saying UK).

 

I disagree. I think if there was a capable point guard at Duke Rivers would have flourished. Having him and Curry run the point hurt. They are both shooting guards. It's not like Duke to not have quality point guards. Wait, well, naw...he was at the right school. Just not the right....wait...daggone it....Rivers is a Dukie. Period. :lol:

You need to watch the post-game presser. When he made the statement about saying hello and goodbye after 7 months, he did say "it wasn't him, not that John (Calipari) doesn't value those relationships, because I'm sure he does."

 

That is what he said. And it was a pretty solid back handed compliment.

You need to watch the post-game presser. When he made the statement about saying hello and goodbye after 7 months, he did say "it wasn't him, not that John (Calipari) doesn't value those relationships, because I'm sure he does."

 

The othe night he said he wasn't going to lie. Just wondering if he was lying this time or not.

You need to watch the post-game presser. When he made the statement about saying hello and goodbye after 7 months, he did say "it wasn't him, not that John (Calipari) doesn't value those relationships, because I'm sure he does."

 

And I have no basis of saying this, but I bet Calipari is much closer to his former players than Pitino anyways.

Coach K has been recruiting one and done players for years. Luol Deng, Austin Rivers and Kyrie Irving were all one and dones. Most one and done players don't want to go to Duke. Can you blame them?

 

Even though he wasnt, wish McRoberts would have been. It pains me to speak his name.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.