Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One-and-done? Wish that were the case with tiresome anti-Cal argument

Featured Replies

Not necessarily because of injuries just because he didn't pan out and he is carrying dead weight basically and Pitino is in the business of winning. That's pretty much what it comes down to. If he cared he would have given him a red shirt last year when he got hurt.

 

 

He did give him a red shirt last year. That's why he has another season of eligibility. He's a senior

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did give him a red shirt last year. That's why he has another season of eligibility. He's a senior

 

Jared Swopshire to transfer from Louisville [sports] | Louisville.com

 

The location of the school is unknown, most likely it will be small. Following an injury that ended Swopshire's season last year, most thought Pitino would honor Swopshire with a red shirt.

 

He did not.

 

Is this article wrong? It doesn't change my thoughts but I am curious.

Pitino is doing to Swopshire what he did to Roderick Rhodes. This is familiar territory for Rick. No one should be surprised.

Jared Swopshire to transfer from Louisville [sports] | Louisville.com

 

The location of the school is unknown, most likely it will be small. Following an injury that ended Swopshire's season last year, most thought Pitino would honor Swopshire with a red shirt.

 

He did not.

 

Is this article wrong? It doesn't change what I'm saying I am just curious.

 

 

I would say I was wrong. Regardless...I still think the better thing for Swopshire, at this point, is on another team where he can get more playing time/exposure. Unfortunately, the way things have worked out, he's been replaced. I hate it, but would feel better seeing him succeed somewhere else.

 

Frankly, it seems it's been a bit of an unorthodox couple of seasons for Pitino. He also asked Kyle Curic and Chris Smith to give up their scholarships so he could recruit for some depth, and they did. And it doesn't seem as though it negatively affected the team, or the player's relationships with Pitino.

I heard an interveiw with Shwop this morning. he was asked what he will miss the most about this team, he didn't waste a second.."My team mates and the relationship I have made that will last a life time". He doesn't want to leave.

I thought colleges and universities were educational institutions not NBA developmental schools. That's what's wrong with college athletics. Look at the number of professional athletes who went pro early with no degree that are flat broke and have hit rock bottom. Sure we hear about all the success stories but there are many that aren't so pretty.

 

If you really believe college basketball and football are about education then you are very mistaken. If it was about education the NCAA would pimp their student athletes out for the entire month of March.

If you really believe college basketball and football are about education then you are very mistaken. If it was about education the NCAA would pimp their student athletes out for the entire month of March.

 

The NCAA pimps their student athletes out for the entire year!

Did you read the article? Pitino has recruited one and dones and they opted to go elsewhere. For him to say he could say good bye to them in 7 months is hypocracy.

 

I do agree with the rest of what you said.

According to Karen Sypher he could do it in a couple of minutes.:lol:

But this is the challenge for all the 'old school' coaches who have made careers out of developing players over time. Pitino, Krzyzewski, others are more known for developing players OVER TIME. Calipari also develops players but focuses on doing within much shorter time period - i.e. a single season.

 

Yeah, Pitino really developed Ron Mercer, Antoine Walker, & Derek Anderson.

I would say I was wrong. Regardless...I still think the better thing for Swopshire, at this point, is on another team where he can get more playing time/exposure. Unfortunately, the way things have worked out, he's been replaced. I hate it, but would feel better seeing him succeed somewhere else.

 

Frankly, it seems it's been a bit of an unorthodox couple of seasons for Pitino. He also asked Kyle Curic and Chris Smith to give up their scholarships so he could recruit for some depth, and they did. And it doesn't seem as though it negatively affected the team, or the player's relationships with Pitino.

 

Who did giving up their scholarship benefit.......the coach, seems selfish on the his part to me.

Who did giving up their scholarship benefit.......the coach, seems selfish on the his part to me.

 

The TEAM.

I thought colleges and universities were educational institutions not NBA developmental schools. That's what's wrong with college athletics. Look at the number of professional athletes who went pro early with no degree that are flat broke and have hit rock bottom. Sure we hear about all the success stories but there are many that aren't so pretty.

 

How about all the stories of people WITH college degrees that end up flat broke. I would venture to guess that the percentage of those guys are much more than pro atheltes who generally make more money in one year than most of us would in an entire lifetime. In this economy, there's no guarantee that a college degree will get you a job anyway. Then you're stuck with all that debt, and no way to pay it off. But yeah I agree, those guys are crazy for jumping into the NBA after a year of college and making millions upon millions of dollars.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.