Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brad Calipari Tweet

Featured Replies

So if this is all true, and UK loses, the last one has to be revisited, right?

Whatever tickles your fancy. I did hear all time they are tied going head-to-head. 11-11. Rick is 4-0 in tournament play. Cal has won the last 3.

 

I will say that Rick is playing with house money this week. He and his team are cool, calm, and relaxed and embracing the us against the world mentality. Which is not good from a UK fan's perspective. Cal definitely has the bigger challenge this week, imo, as strange as that sounds.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Couldn't disagree more.

 

Pitino isn't the one who has to make shots, play defense, or force turnovers. If UK plays a decent game they win. If they play the way they have thus far in the tournament, it's probably over by halftime.

Whatever tickles your fancy. I did hear all time they are tied going head-to-head. 11-11. Rick is 4-0 in tournament play. Cal has won the last 3.

 

I will say that Rick is playing with house money this week. He and his team are cool, calm, and relaxed and embracing the us against the world mentality. Which is not good from a UK fan's perspective. Cal definitely has the bigger challenge this week, imo, as strange as that sounds.

I disagree with Cal having the bigger challenge. He has more to lose in this game, but I don't think the UK players get into the rivalry much. For fans, it is life and death but Miller is the only UK guy from Kentucky. These guys have had a target on their back all year, no different now. Rick has a bigger challenge simply because his team isn't as good.

^Couldn't disagree more.

 

Pitino isn't the one who has to make shots, play defense, or force turnovers. If UK plays a decent game they win. If they play the way they have thus far in the tournament, it's probably over by halftime.

 

I disagree with Cal having the bigger challenge. He has more to lose in this game, but I don't think the UK players get into the rivalry much. For fans, it is life and death but Miller is the only UK guy from Kentucky. These guys have had a target on their back all year, no different now. Rick has a bigger challenge simply because his team isn't as good.

You guys are looking it differently than I am. I more and speaking to keeping his team grounded, motivating a group that is the favorites, etc. Rick has none of that to deal with. If he loses, so what. If he wins, he is a hero. Cal has a ton of pressure on him this week. Hopefully everyone has heard so much about it, it almost has a reverse effect.

I think I'm with bugatti on this one. Pitino has nothing that he needs to prove today. He's already going to be praised (as he should be) for getting this team to the Final Four. Anything else is icing on the cake. His team is suppose to lose this game.

 

I think Cal definitely has more pressure on him.

^It's just another game to the players.

 

Agreed...and I really feel like UK's players feel that way.

 

But I think its different for the coaches.

So if this is all true, and UK loses, the last one has to be revisited, right?

 

What a tweet from a 15 year old with emotional ties to UK?

Agreed...and I really feel like UK's players feel that way.

 

But I think its different for the coaches.

 

I guess why point is, who cares about the coaches? They aren't the ones playing. Cal may be under an enormous amount of pressure. The players aren't though. They're just playing their game. Think about this....How relaxing must it be to step on the court knowing if you play a solid game, you can't be beaten?

^It's just another game to the players.

 

I hope so!

 

One thing that is good is that most of these players (UK or UL) did not grow up in the rivalry. The bulk of the contributors have only lived in the Commonwealth a couple of years.

I was told a really funny story about Justice by one of my UofL alum friends...Apparently men find him "dreamy". :lol:

 

He won a contest on a gay-oriented sports site; he is officially "The Hottest Male Athlete in the World." The operators of the site weren't very happy about it as the site was flooded with votes from people that found the link to it on a Louisville sports blog that found out about the contest. :lol:

I think UL players take it more seriously than the UK players. Mainly because they have been getting beat.

He won a contest on a gay-oriented sports site; he is officially "The Hottest Male Athlete in the World." The operators of the site weren't very happy about it as the site was flooded with votes from people that found the link to it on a Louisville sports blog that found out about the contest. :lol:

 

:lol: Yep, that would be it.

I hope so!

 

One thing that is good is that most of these players (UK or UL) did not grow up in the rivalry. The bulk of the contributors have only lived in the Commonwealth a couple of years.

 

I wonder how much different it is for Miller? Is he able to make it "just a game"?

I wonder how much different it is for Miller? Is he able to make it "just a game"?

With Miller who knows? I have quit having any exceptions for the kid. It would not shock me if he drops 25 or goes 0-1 the entire game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.