Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Iowa St 77 Connecticut 64

Featured Replies

Why did I pick UConn. All of my resources had Iowa State with the edge and I decided to go against every computer program invented.

Why did I pick UConn. All of my resources had Iowa State with the edge and I decided to go against every computer program invented.

 

 

I liked how even the analysts were calling this a big time upset. It was an 8 seed over a 9 seed, it's perceived as an upset due to tradition but really it's not as far as the seeding goes. Was suprised after looking into it to see how many All Americans Iowa State has had over the years.

I said on here numerous times that I didn't think people should be getting all worked up about a 2nd round matchup with the Huskies. Looks like I was proved right for a change. I think Iowa State will give us a pretty good game tomorrow. They were shooting lightsout in the first half and sometimes we don't defend the 3 that well.

I said on here numerous times that I didn't think people should be getting all worked up about a 2nd round matchup with the Huskies. Looks like I was proved right for a change. I think Iowa State will give us a pretty good game tomorrow. They were shooting lightsout in the first half and sometimes we don't defend the 3 that well.

 

That scares me a bit too. I do think UK defends it better than UConn was doing though.

I said on here numerous times that I didn't think people should be getting all worked up about a 2nd round matchup with the Huskies. Looks like I was proved right for a change. I think Iowa State will give us a pretty good game tomorrow. They were shooting lightsout in the first half and sometimes we don't defend the 3 that well.

 

I think a big difference, and benefit for UK, is that UConn had no one that could really matchup with Royce White. Drummond and Orakhi are both pretty athletic bigs, but neither is quick enough to guard him. UK has 2 guys in Miller and Jones that are both every bit as athletic and should be able to defend him at all spots on the floor.

^ I agree. I'm not really scared. I think UK still gets a double digit win.

Still scratching my head over all those who were crying about the possibility of UK having to play the mighty Huskies.

I think a big difference, and benefit for UK, is that UConn had no one that could really matchup with Royce White. Drummond and Orakhi are both pretty athletic bigs, but neither is quick enough to guard him. UK has 2 guys in Miller and Jones that are both every bit as athletic and should be able to defend him at all spots on the floor.

I think if he tries to go out there on the floor like he is Magic Johnson I would not be surprised to see Kiddd-Gilchrist guard him.

I think if he tries to go out there on the floor like he is Magic Johnson I would not be surprised to see Kiddd-Gilchrist guard him.

 

I think you put MKG on Allen, Lamb on the little white guy, and roll with Jones on White. :idunno:

  • Author
I think you put MKG on Allen, Lamb on the little white guy, and roll with Jones on White. :idunno:

 

I'm not sure who the little white guy is, but if he's a big scoring threat I wouldn't put Lamb on him. He doesn't play much defense, IMO

I'm not sure who the little white guy is, but if he's a big scoring threat I wouldn't put Lamb on him. He doesn't play much defense, IMO

 

This is a major myth about Lamb IMO. I've seen him hound guys on the perimeter all year.

Still scratching my head over all those who were crying about the possibility of UK having to play the mighty Huskies.

 

Because they were the preseason #4 team in the country? Obviously they didn't live up to that billing, but the talent and coaching is there. Its easy to look back and say it was a given that UConn wouldn't show up. Hindsight and whatnot.

Because they were the preseason #4 team in the country? Obviously they didn't live up to that billing, but the talent and coaching is there. Its easy to look back and say it was a given that UConn wouldn't show up. Hindsight and whatnot.

 

So how about the guys that were on here saying it beforehand? :lol:

So how about the guys that were on here saying it beforehand? :lol:

 

Sure.. credit to those guys. I just think its a bit silly to say there was 100% no reason to think UConn could be a tough draw. Turns out they weren't. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.