Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 72 UNC-Asheville 65

Featured Replies

With 35 seconds left and the Orange leading 66-63, the ball appeared to go out of bounds off Syracuse's Brandon Triche but the officials pointed the other way and gave it to the Orange. Jardine made two free throws a second later.

 

Coordinator of officiating John Adams said he would have given the ball to UNC Asheville on the inbounds play.

 

"The out of bounds is not reviewable and it is not a play we would discuss," official Ed Corbett told a pool reporter. "I'm not going to comment further because it is a judgment call. It was a clear (lane) violation. The player released early, before the ball hit the rim. We've since watched the replay 20 times and it was the right call."

 

Boeheim had his own take on the play with Triche.

 

"First of all, all the noise about the ball going out of bounds, I mean, Triche got pushed. That's why it went out of bounds," he said. "Maybe they missed the out of bounds, they missed the foul call. Those things equal out."

 

link

 

So John Adams admits they blew the out of bounds call which was HUGE, and Boeheim tries to make excuses. What a chump. He also had this to say about Melo's absence.

 

"The fact that this game was close had nothing -- nothing -- to do with the center position," Boeheim said.
  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After seeing this and Twitter, I wish I had seen this.

I didn't see the game but from the sounds of it the officials screwed up the play at the end of the first half.

 

Some FTs should have been shot.

I just saw the non-goaltend call. Yikes.

I haven't seen all of the poor calls, but the free throw was absolutely a line violation. Great call on that one.

 

The out of bounds call at the end of the game was a poor call.

I haven't seen all of the poor calls, but the free throw was absolutely a line violation. Great call on that one.

 

The out of bounds call at the end of the game was a poor call.

 

There was also the goaltend, the out of bounds play and the slap in the face that wasn't called...that was all in final 2 minutes.

Syracuse looked very vulnerable today and I really thought that UNC Asheville was going to pull it off for a while. I don't see Syracuse advancing any further.

The refs should be suspended for the rest of the tournament. If there was ever a fix it was that game. Amazing.

^Ditto. Awful. Something was very wrong with this game.

Just watched the highlights from the game and WOW. That's just pathetic and I feel awful for those kids from UNC Asheville, they got worked over.

The refs should be suspended for the rest of the tournament. If there was ever a fix it was that game. Amazing.

 

I agree, this was like watching a pro wrestling match. UNCA got jobbed.

Here is the 5-second call that was ignored by the ref:

 

Loved the Asheville coaches comments after the game....

 

(paraphrasing)..."We were the better team today." "We deserved that win, not Syracuse."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.