March 16, 201214 yr Loved the Asheville coaches comments after the game.... (paraphrasing)..."We were the better team today." "We deserved that win, not Syracuse." He's right. UNC-Asheville had a history-making performance denied by sketchiness.
March 16, 201214 yr Loved the Asheville coaches comments after the game.... (paraphrasing)..."We were the better team today." "We deserved that win, not Syracuse." Greenie on Mike and Mike disagreed with you. He said he didn't like it at all, nor what Boeheim said. I happen to like what the Asheville coach said. it was the only way that he could gripe about the officials without being fined. Jay Bilas basically agreed with us. After seeing that Out of Bounds call...wow. Not sure how they could get it wrong.
March 16, 201214 yr Here is the 5-second call that was ignored by the ref: I don't think the first arm movement was starting his count. If so, he started it too early. My guess is he was at 4 when the TO was called.
March 16, 201214 yr I don't think the first arm movement was starting his count. If so, he started it too early. My guess is he was at 4 when the TO was called. I watched it twice and that's exactly what I thought too Clyde.
March 16, 201214 yr I don't think the first arm movement was starting his count. If so, he started it too early. My guess is he was at 4 when the TO was called. I counted 7 after the player has the ball and slaps it to starts the other to break.
March 16, 201214 yr I counted 7 after the player has the ball and slaps it to starts the other to break. He picks up the ball and is set at 1:35, looks like the whistle is blown just before the 1:30, in my opinion.
March 16, 201214 yr The 5 second call was a good no call. His first arm motion doesn't actually start the count since they didn't have the ball out of bounds yet.
March 16, 201214 yr Here is the bad out-of-bounds call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HFjuG8RdT4 Looks like a bad no foul call to me.
March 16, 201214 yr Looks like a bad no foul call to me. That's exactly what Bilas was saying. It was probably a foul on Asheville. So you either call the foul on Asheville or its out of bounds on Syracuse, but either way, it cannot be the result that it was.
March 16, 201214 yr I don't think the first arm movement was starting his count. If so, he started it too early. My guess is he was at 4 when the TO was called. I counted one one thousand, two one thousand, etc. and ended up at 6 before the timeout.
March 16, 201214 yr Looks like a bad no foul call to me. Then call the foul. That's equally bad officiating. You have to call one or the other...or, you end up in the mess they're in now.
March 16, 201214 yr I counted one one thousand, two one thousand, etc. and ended up at 6 before the timeout. I used a stopwatch and ended up right at or below 5 seconds every time. You also have to assume the player asked for the timeout before the ref granted it so that would talk off a little bit of time as well.
March 16, 201214 yr Then call the foul. That's equally bad officiating. You have to call one or the other...or, you end up in the mess they're in now. Agree, just didn't think that ultimately it had an impact on the game. Poor officiating but I can't go so far as to say it cost them the game based on what I've seen here. The goal tending should have been called but the out of bounds and the timeout ultimately led to the proper game situation, didn't it? Were there others? It would be nice to see a 16 finally get a win in the tournament.
March 16, 201214 yr Agree, just didn't think that ultimately it had an impact on the game. Poor officiating but I can't go so far as to say it cost them the game based on what I've seen here. The goal tending should have been called but the out of bounds and the timeout ultimately led to the proper game situation, didn't it? Were there others? It would be nice to see a 16 finally get a win in the tournament. One or two calls alone did not change the game. There were 5-6 debatable calls or no calls in the final 2 minutes. It absolutely had an impact on the outcome, IMO. There was an Asheville layup attempt that was missed. Video replay showed that he player was slapped in the face. It was a 3-point game when the ball went out of bounds and should've been either a foul or turnover. It was a 4-point game on the inbounds play that may or may not have been 5 seconds. The goaltending call took away 2 points. The missed foul call on the layup likely took away a minimum of 1 point. The lane violation was on the front end of a bonus situation. They then hit 2 FTs after that. That was the right call, even though it's rarely enforced. Those things all happened in the final 2 minutes.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.