Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Projecting the Seeds...

Featured Replies

I have no issues with anyone saying it. It's the truth.

 

I agree. Looking at the options UK has to play at you'd think UK fans would be pleased. We still need to see where Mizzou will end up at and I get that. I'm not sold that Missouri can beat UK but anything can happen in March.

  • Replies 176
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What hypothetical #2 would you like?

 

 

I don't care who they get if they get to play in Atlanta.

Ohio State got the shaft last year.

 

I was thinking that. They were #1 overall and had UNC, Syracuse and UK in their region in Newark. :lol: Big time shaft. Proof it happens.

Ohio State got the shaft last year.

 

 

I agree, but they had nobody but their President to blame.

I don't care who they get if they get to play in Atlanta.
...and if in St. Louis you just don't want Missouri?
...and if in St. Louis you just don't want Missouri?

 

 

Yes. I think playing in their home state would give them a huge advantage no matter how well BBN travels.

Yes. I think playing in their home state would give them a huge advantage no matter how well BBN travels.
I agree. I'm fairly unconcerned with UK's 2-seed as long as they don't have to play a team in their home state.
I agree. Looking at the options UK has to play at you'd think UK fans would be pleased. We still need to see where Mizzou will end up at and I get that. I'm not sold that Missouri can beat UK but anything can happen in March.

 

I think Kentucky is a nightmare matchup for Missouri. The Tigers have one player over 6'5". They only play seven players like Kentucky so they would have no depth advantage if they try to play up tempo. I'd much rather see them than any of the other 3 projected #2 seeds.

 

I would dread the matchup worse if they were playing further from home themselves but Kentucky would bring just as many, if not more fans to St. Louis as Missouri would.

Mannnnn, if UK is in St. Louis and they get Mizzou as a 2 seed this state is going to explode. Facebook will crash and a lot of people will go to twitter jail. I predict some crazy threats to the NCAA. It could get ugly.

I think Kentucky is a nightmare matchup for Missouri. The Tigers have one player over 6'5". They only play seven players like Kentucky so they would have no depth advantage if they try to play up tempo. I'd much rather see them than any of the other 3 projected #2 seeds.

 

I would dread the matchup worse if they were playing further from home themselves but Kentucky would bring just as many, if not more fans to St. Louis as Missouri would.

 

 

But they can shoot the 3.

Why does Kansas get an automatic nod as a 1 seed vs. Missouri? Couldn't they just as easily get a #1 seed? If they selection committee puts a "Big East Tournament champion weight" to their tournament win in the Big 12, then couldn't they get the #1? Maybe I'm missing something but here's how I see it:

 

Missouri - 30-4 6 wins against Top 25 opponents (when they played them) Losses: K State (2), Ok. State, KU (OT)

Kansas - 27-6 5 wins against Top 25 opponents (when they played them) Losses: UK, Duke, Davidson, Iowa State, Missouri, Baylor

 

Head-to-Head record of 1 Kansas win and 1 Missouri win.

 

I am not sure who deserves it based on that, but I don't think it's a lock.

But they can shoot the 3.

 

So could Florida. They went 0-3 vs Kentucky and only one of those was close. Missouri is even smaller than the Gators inside. The Tigers shoot 39% from 3, Kentucky shoots 38%.

 

The Tigers also allow teams to shoot 44% from the floor and 36% from 3. Kentucky is at 36% from the field and 32% from 3.

 

The postseason comes down to matchups lots of times. Kentucky is a bad matchup for Missouri.

So could Florida. They went 0-3 vs Kentucky and only one of those was close. Missouri is even smaller than the Gators inside. The Tigers shoot 39% from 3, Kentucky shoots 38%.

 

The Tigers also allow teams to shoot 44% from the floor and 36% from 3. Kentucky is at 36% from the field and 32% from 3.

 

The postseason comes down to matchups lots of times. Kentucky is a bad matchup for Missouri.

 

 

But playing them in their home state makes it a lot easier IMO.

Why does Kansas get an automatic nod as a 1 seed vs. Missouri? Couldn't they just as easily get a #1 seed? If they selection committee puts a "Big East Tournament champion weight" to their tournament win in the Big 12, then couldn't they get the #1? Maybe I'm missing something but here's how I see it:

 

Missouri - 30-4 6 wins against Top 25 opponents (when they played them) Losses: K State (2), Ok. State, KU (OT)

Kansas - 27-6 5 wins against Top 25 opponents (when they played them) Losses: UK, Duke, Davidson, Iowa State, Missouri, Baylor

 

Head-to-Head record of 1 Kansas win and 1 Missouri win.

 

I am not sure who deserves it based on that, but I don't think it's a lock.

 

 

The projections that we were referencing are from CBS Sports and have both Kansas and Missouri as #2 seeds.

Geez guys. Chill! Some of you all like UK is a 15 seed with little chance to get past the #2. Unlike some, I would love the hypothetical 2-3-4 of Mizzou, UL, and GTown. You all can't say the selection committee wouldn't do that to another overal 1. tOSU got shafter terribly last year. We all know they don't really use the s-curve and they should. We also know that they try to put the best 3 1s and 2s where they fit best geographically.

 

What about Mizzou scares you all so bad? LRCW, you said you dont think the cats would dominate Mizzou in the paint...what makes you think that? Just wondering. I will hang up and listen...:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.