Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball

Featured Replies

So how do things look for the Birds this year in baseball? How many upperclassman are in the program this year? Who are some of the players to watch out for? How many frosh will see significant playing time? What does the pitching staff look like?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the frosh are either playing jv or varsity. I believe Hennigan, Whitford and Jones will play mostly varsity..

Look for the younger Murray to get some V time as the year progresses.

  • Author
Look for the younger Murray to get some V time as the year progresses.

 

Really? Where will he get varsity time?

Look for the younger Murray to get some V time as the year progresses.

 

I'm guessing you mean Q. His younger brother Brady will probably be JV. Unless of course your people say differently.:sssh:

I'm guessing you mean Q. His younger brother Brady will probably be JV. Unless of course your people say differently.:sssh:

 

I've heard both are very good. You're right about the youngster playing JV.

Jeremy is a great coach who happens to be at a great football school.

I am hearing that they are very young and will take their lumps this year with the difficult schedule.

 

Gabe Schultz and Quentin Murray will be very good on the mound though and provide solid leadership.

 

I dont think there are any SR's on the team period. I may be wrong.

HHS has two Seniors I know of. Mitch Meyer and Chris Bausch. Not sure of his 1st name.

I am hearing that they are very young and will take their lumps this year with the difficult schedule.

 

Gabe Schultz and Quentin Murray will be very good on the mound though and provide solid leadership.

 

I dont think there are any SR's on the team period. I may be wrong.

 

They are young relatively speaking, but there are now kids at all grade levels very serious about the game of baseball. Impossible to predict results, but I'd be surprised if you don't see some improvement this year.

Look for the younger Murray to get some V time as the year progresses.

 

Hearing the same thing. Maybe a more disciplined younger Murry than older brother.

Good scrimmage against Simon Kenton at Dixie on SAT. HHS scored 3 in 5 or 6 innings. Simon Kenton scored 2. Good setup with several umpires getting some pre-season work in addition to the players. Played on the Dixie football field.

Good scrimmage against Simon Kenton at Dixie on SAT. HHS scored 3 in 5 or 6 innings. Simon Kenton scored 2. Good setup with several umpires getting some pre-season work in addition to the players. Played on the Dixie football field.

 

No wonder. Highlands always wins on that field:D

  • Author

Have the rosters been settled out yet? I have been trying to find rosters and schedules on the new website and have continually come up empty.

Have the rosters been settled out yet? I have been trying to find rosters and schedules on the new website and have continually come up empty.

 

The rosters & schedule should be on the website shortly, but until then, here's the first week of games:

 

3/19: Var @ WV, 5:00; JV WV @ home, 5:30

3/20: Var Camp Cty @ home, 5:00; JV @ Camp Cty, 5:00; Frosh Brossart @ Pendry, 5:00.

3/21: Var @ Conner, 5:00; JV Conner at home, 5:00; Frosh: NCC @ Morscher, 5:00.

3/22: Frosh Camp Cty @ home, 5:00.

3/23: Var Bellevue @ home, 5:00; JV @ Bellevue, 5:00.

3/24: Var @ PRP, 1:30 & 3:00; JV @ Beechwood, 12:00; Frosh L-Ville St. X @ home, 11:00.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.