Newport Central Catholic 9 Bishop Brossart 0

In the Battle of the Campbell Co. "fish-eaters", victory goes to the team to the north, as Breds So. hurler Haley Meyers throws a 1-hitter, as the Breds win 9-0. Meyers also helps herself at the plate pushing her team leading batting average up to .456, as she goes 3-4 with one "rib-tickler". The "big sticks" for the Breds belonged to Michaela Ware and Loren Zimmerman. Zimmerman 3-4 with a pair of 2-run doubles and Ware 2-4 with a run scoring single and triple. Breds Fr. Lexi Breen gets off the "schneid" with a 2/3 performance driving in a run and Morgan Martini adds the other RBI with a single.

Haley Meyers allowed a 2nd inning leadoff single up the middle to #4 hitter, Jordyn Boesch, for the 'Stangs lone hit in the game. Meyers strikes out 5 and walks 3 as she improves her record to 12-6 on the season. Breds 2nd baseman, Casey Kohls, was busy in the field as she had 6 assist and 2 putouts.

Brossart 1st - GO4-3, Amanda Graus BB, but is caught stealing 2-4, FO-8.

NewCath 1st - PO-6, FO-8, K.

Brossart 2nd - Boesch single center, SAC 1-4 Boesch to 2nd, GO5-3 (Boesch to 3rd on throw), K.

NewCath 2nd - Zimmerman single to left, K, PO-5, GO1-3.

Brossart 3rd - GO4-3, Orth walks, PO-3 Bin diving catch on bunt attempt:ylsuper:), GO5-3 (Zimmerman bare-hand pick 'n throw:ylsuper:).

NewCath 3rd - Breen reaches on E1 (steals 2nd), K, Ware RBI single to center (steals 2nd), FO-8, Schreiber reaches on E4 (Ware to 3rd), Schreiber to 2nd on defensive indifference, Zimmerman 2-run double to rightcenter, Meyers RBI single to center, advances to 2nd on throw (Alex Burkart running for Meyers), Martini RBI single to leftcenter, K.

Brossart 4th - GO4-3, FO-9, K.

NewCath 4th - Breen single (off the SS glove), Potts SAC bunt 5-4, Ware RBI triple to left, GO1-3, K.

Brossart 5th - K, GO1-3, FO-9.

NewCath 5th - GO6-3, Meyers single to left (Burkart in to run, steals 2nd), Martini walks, K, Breen RBI single to center, K.

Brossart 6th - GO4-3, GO1-4-3, Graus walks, PO-3 (Bin nice running catch in foul territory:ylsuper:).

NewCath 6th - Ware reaches on E5, steals 2nd, Kohls reaches on E6, LO-4, Zimmerman 2-run double to rightcenter, Meyers single to center, Zimmerman out at home 8-2, FO-9.

Brossart 7th - GO4-3, K, K.

Brossart 0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0-1-4

NewCath 0-0-5-1-1-2-x---9-11-0

NewCath

Meyers 1 hit, 5K's, 3BB's. 3-4, RBI

Zimmerman 3-4, 2 doubles, 4RBI

Ware 2-4, triple, 2RBI

Breen 2-3, RBI

Martini 1-3, RBI

NewCath plays host to the Ryle Raiders tomorrow at 5:00.

Edited by Lawnboy13

Thanks for the props to the Shack on the Mound. I was very proud of daughter tonight because she was Horribly under the weather out there tonight. She only went a half day at school just to play this game. She took 4 Tylenol before the game!! I give it up to her for showing VERY MUCH Leadership out there tonight not letting her team down. Even though we didn't end up on the good end, I was a very proud Dad tonight.

The 'Stangs Karlie Shackelford with a 7K performance in the loss.

The JV 'Stangs put a WHOOPIN' on the Breds, 13-0 in 5 innings, So. Megan Seiter with a very nice outing.

Thanks for the props to the Shack on the Mound. I was very proud of daughter tonight because she was Horribly under the weather out there tonight. She only went a half day at school just to play this game. She took 4 Tylenol before the game!! I give it up to her for showing VERY MUCH Leadership out there tonight not letting her team down. Even though we didn't end up on the good end, I was a very proud Dad tonight.

:thumb:

You could have come over and said "Hi", had a cold drink on the 3rd floor for you after the game.