Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FC

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FC

  1. Fort Campbell being ranked #10 is one week premature IMO. If they prevail this Friday and defeat Owensboro Catholic then absolutely, but with teams like Washington County, Monroe, Caldwell, and Green County having better wins so far I’m not sure I would rank FC ahead of them just yet.
  2. All the while I was thinking to myself that if a team has to lose to make the playoffs then Houston our system has a problem.
  3. Whew, that was ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. I should have just stuck with pride and let it go. Thanks VoR.
  4. Hopefully LHC is more worried about PT than Mayfield, unlike many of the posts in this thread.
  5. 5- Paducah Tilghman 3- Bowling Green 3- Trinity 1- Seneca 1- Daviess County 1- Lexington Catholic 1- Clay County 1- Casey County 1- Bryan Station 1- Lafayette TB- 49
  6. And they are voting on Highlands vacated wins. I feel another 100 post thread coming on.
  7. Probably not. Murray rolls big.
  8. Holy Cross has had an impressive season so far. With Forrest out for PT and Tilghman having to travel 4 hours to Louisville it wouldn’t surprise me to see Holy Cross win this one. However, I’m going to pick PT in a close game. PT 23 HC 21
  9. Knowledge, consistency, and fairness. If that fails instant replay.
  10. First of all congrats to JJ Jude. To run for half a grand in one game is a huge accomplishment regardless of any coaching decisions. As far as the coaching decisions, I think each game is different and there isn’t a hard fast rule as to when to substitute. However, I tend to agree with VoR that as a general rule once you have a running clock it is time to throttle back as far as substituting out some or most of the starters. There are several reasons to substitute out players when your team has the game well in hand. It is partly to not try and humiliate the other team, but just as importantly it is to protect your starters from getting injured and give young players real game experience. Football is a team sport and allowing a key player to continue to play for stats alone risks injury which could affect the whole team in future games and possibly the rest of the season as far as playoffs are concerned. Basically I think what is good for the team outweighs what might be good for an individual player. I do not agree that the losing team should be the first to substitute simply because I think it sends the wrong message to your team. If I were a coach one of my steadfast rules would be to never quit. You don’t quit until the whistle is blown and you don’t give up until the clock reads zero.
  11. Four weeks ago I would have said Owensboro Catholic was the overwhelming favorite, although I would have voted for Fort Campbell to pull the unlikely upset. Fast forward through the bye week, Tre Powell returning, and the Falcon’s last two games and I think the gap between these two district rivals has closed to just about even. I expect a classic OC vs FC matchup for the district championship and maybe the best game between these two we have seen since 2005. OC will likely throw the ball all over the field and having Tre back on defense is big boost, not to mention his ability on offense and special teams. Hills has been playing much better and I think is really maturing as the QB. The keys for Fort Campbell will be not to turn the ball over, stop OCs passing attack, and win the battle in the trenches. I’m going with Fort Campbell in a close one.
  12. 7- Central Hardin 5- Nelson County 3- Seneca 2- Elizabethtown 1- Bullitt East TB- Nelson County
  13. 7- Simon Kenton 5- Walton-Verona 3- Conner 2- Gallatin 1- Dixie TB- Simon Kenton
  14. If a team is up by 35-45 points in the second half they should substitute IMO. Otherwise, they run the risk of getting starters injured in a game that is already well in hand. Fort Campbell generally starts to substitute if they have a running clock or they are significantly ahead in the 4th quarter. I don’t agree that the losing coach should concede and substitute first, because that sends the wrong message to his team IMO. As far as the JV players getting hurt, if one team’s starters are 45 points better than another teams, then their 2nd string should at least be competitive in most cases. If it is an issue of cheap shots and dirty play by the losing team then the refs need to take control.
  15. I think Glasgow made a huge statement by winning their district and unseating the two time defending district/region champion Monroe. Glasgow made the statement that they are back as contenders in 2A after going 0-11 two years ago. Fort Cambpell certainly made a statement that they are back on track, but next week against OC will be more of a statement game IMO. I wasn’t surprised that LCA and Sheldon Clark won. Raceland and Belfry are not at the same level they were over the last few years. Every game that Collins wins, which have been all but one, is a statement game that they are not your average first year program, but Fern Creek isn’t what they were last year either. Rowan and Lawrence was a toss up IMO.
  16. Fort Campbell was up 12-0 at halftime. Hancock had a couple of scoring opportunities in the first half, but fumbled once and FCs defense stopped them once. Hancock scored on their first position of the 2nd half to make it 12-8 and then it was all Fort Campbell as they scored 28 unanswered points to make it 42-8. Hancock then scored again late in the 4th with many of the starters out.
  17. No surprise here. Another big Ft Campbell vs Owensboro Catholic next week for the district championship.
  18. After the bye week and Tre Powell’s return the Falcons are 2-0 in the district and it sets up a huge game against OC next week on post for the district championship and number one seed in the playoffs.
  19. Hancock scores late as many younger players get some PT. FC 42 HC 15 2:14 4th
  20. FC is rolling now. FC 42 HC 8
  21. Two plays and FC scores again. FC 34 HC 8 End of 3rd
  22. FC 26 HC 8 Hills goes over the 1000 yard mark rushing for the season.
  23. Hancock had Ft Campbell stopped on 3rd down at mid-field, but a personal on HC gave the Falcons a first down and they score two plays later. FC 20 HC 8

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.