Fort Campbell VS Owensboro Catholic

Who wins this 2A District Battle?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this 2A District Battle?

• Fort Campbell Falcons
    • Owensboro Catholic Aces

Four weeks ago I would have said Owensboro Catholic was the overwhelming favorite, although I would have voted for Fort Campbell to pull the unlikely upset. Fast forward through the bye week, Tre Powell returning, and the Falcon’s last two games and I think the gap between these two district rivals has closed to just about even. I expect a classic OC vs FC matchup for the district championship and maybe the best game between these two we have seen since 2005. OC will likely throw the ball all over the field and having Tre back on defense is big boost, not to mention his ability on offense and special teams. Hills has been playing much better and I think is really maturing as the QB. The keys for Fort Campbell will be not to turn the ball over, stop OCs passing attack, and win the battle in the trenches.

I’m going with Fort Campbell in a close one.

Except for playoff opponents, there is no team that I enjoy watching FC beat more then O-Cath. The Aces caused the Falcons a lot of pain and were the last hurdle FC had to overcome to reach greatness a few years ago. FC is rolling and finally playing Falcon-Ball like we expect.

I look for this to be a fun game with FC winning by two TDs. The Aces are solid on Offense, but will not be able to keep pace with the FC scoring and team speed. I look for Coach Edge and the Aces to have a disappointing night at Fryar Stadium.

When Monroe played FC at Austin-Peay last year for semi-state Tre Powell was more impressive to me than Antonio Andrews. I am pretty sure that I even posted this after the game on here. This kid is the real deal!!! He is one of those God Given Talents!!! You can really tell his presence on the field no matter where he may be lined up...OC had better shadow this young man because if they do not shut him down he and the rest of the team will make them pay dearly!!! As I said earlier, I would love to see this game, but gotta go to Green County!!!!

When Monroe played FC at Austin-Peay last year for semi-state Tre Powell was more impressive to me than Antonio Andrews. I am pretty sure that I even posted this after the game on here. This kid is the real deal!!! He is one of those God Given Talents!!! You can really tell his presence on the field no matter where he may be lined up...OC had better shadow this young man because if they do not shut him down he and the rest of the team will make them pay dearly!!! As I said earlier, I would love to see this game, but gotta go to Green County!!!!

In Antonio's defense, he was playing with a real bad hamstring when you saw him. He was basically dragging 40 lbs. of dead-leg with him on every play. The same hamstring injury really bothered him in the Murray, Monroe and DeSales games.

Tre Powell however, was the best player on the team last year and remains on an entirely different level this year. (How many teams have a Mr. Football who was just the second best player on the team?) Tre was also the leading tackler on the FC squad last year from the FS position; had two key interceptions against Monroe last year.

He is just a couple punt return for TDs away from breaking the KY state record. It is a shame that he missed so many games due to injury, may have cost him a Mr. Football award. The coaches showed a lot of patience in the time schedule of bringing him back. His injury is good to go and it will be fun to watch him for the few games left this year. He should go on to great success at the next level.

Four weeks ago I would have said Owensboro Catholic was the overwhelming favorite, although I would have voted for Fort Campbell to pull the unlikely upset. Fast forward through the bye week, Tre Powell returning, and the Falcon’s last two games and I think the gap between these two district rivals has closed to just about even. I expect a classic OC vs FC matchup for the district championship and maybe the best game between these two we have seen since 2005. OC will likely throw the ball all over the field and having Tre back on defense is big boost, not to mention his ability on offense and special teams. Hills has been playing much better and I think is really maturing as the QB. The keys for Fort Campbell will be not to turn the ball over, stop OCs passing attack, and win the battle in the trenches.

I’m going with Fort Campbell in a close one.

I don't think I have ever walked into Fryar Stadium and not had a flashback to the 2005 playoff game with O-Cath. That one, without a doubt, cost us another trophy in the trophy case. Young sophomore QB CJ Croft learned a lot that game and would use that experience later as a senior to bring home that elusive state title in 2007.