Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps Class 2A Rankings - October 18th

Featured Replies

1. Newport Central Catholic vs. Lloyd Memorial

2. Owensboro Catholic at #10 Fort Campbell

3. DeSales vs. Carroll County

4. Prestonsburg at Shelby Valley

5. Murray vs. Heath

6. Danville at Washington County

7. Christian Academy-Louisville at Owen County

8. Corbin at Middlesboro

9. Glasgow at Metcalfe County

10. Fort Campbell vs. #2 Owensboro Catholic

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, FC is back in the rankings? How much further up the rankings ladder would FC be if they traded three of their early losses for games against both Fulton Teams and Ballard Memorial?? Would three meaningless wins move them up to say #5 ?

Really, FC is back in the rankings? How much further up the rankings ladder would FC be if they traded three of their early losses for games against both Fulton Teams and Ballard Memorial?? Would three meaningless wins move them up to say #5 ?
I suspect Tre Powerll's return may have had something to do with it.

Fort Campbell being ranked #10 is one week premature IMO. If they prevail this Friday and defeat Owensboro Catholic then absolutely, but with teams like Washington County, Monroe, Caldwell, and Green County having better wins so far I’m not sure I would rank FC ahead of them just yet.

Still no love for my Dragons from Green County. I know they stand at 5-3 but 2 loses by a total of 3 points. Only game they lose handily was to Bell County and we know how good that team is right now. Very dangerous team right now and I also feel that Glasgow being #9 is unjustified. When they are healthy, they could be the best team in Class 2A until proven otherwise. So, no love for Class 2A District 3 and it is very solid with Glasgow, Green, and Monroe.

Let me make sure I'm right when I read this. You don't have Washington co. In the top ten?

Let me make sure I'm right when I read this. You don't have Washington co. In the top ten?

Who comes out?

Washington Co.!! Maybe next week after wc beats Danville they can be ranked in the top ten

Fort Campbell being ranked #10 is one week premature IMO. If they prevail this Friday and defeat Owensboro Catholic then absolutely, but with teams like Washington County, Monroe, Caldwell, and Green County having better wins so far I’m not sure I would rank FC ahead of them just yet.
What better win does Monroe County have?
Washington Co.!! Maybe next week after wc beats Danville they can be ranked in the top ten

I wouldn't count on winning that game, but if they do they will certainly deserve a top 10 ranking.

What better win does Monroe County have?

 

Edmonson is comparable to Hancock IMO. After Fort Campbell wins on Friday, then I can see them breaking the top 10. I’m just not sure their wins over Todd, Knox, and Hancock are above Washington, Green, Caldwell, and Monroe at this point. However, like I’ve said before, polls are just opinions, it is what happens on Friday that counts.

Edmonson is comparable to Hancock IMO. After Fort Campbell wins on Friday, then I can see them breaking the top 10. I’m just not sure their wins over Todd, Knox, and Hancock are above Washington, Green, Caldwell, and Monroe at this point. However, like I’ve said before, polls are just opinions, it is what happens on Friday that counts.
I agree that Edmonson and Hancock are comparable, but I wouldn't say that Edmonson is clearly better than Hancock.

 

Besides, Fort Campbell beat Hancock by four touchdowns and Monroe beat Edmonson 14-7.

How about the 3-5 Fort Campbell team that you have ranked. Really? Teams like Murray get credit from past years and play an easy schedule, but the Commanders come back after being 3-8 and down for several years to play a comparable schedule to most teams ranked above them but get no love. Oh well, the game against Danville will tell if they are for real or not. It just makes the rankings look laughable when you rank a 3-5 team over an 8-0 team. Washington Co. had a bigger win against their only common opponent, and Fort Campbell also beat Hancock Co. and Todd County. WOW! All credit to FC for the past three years (and I love their program so I'm not bashing) but it's a joke to have them ranked at this point. If they beat OCath, yes. But until then I just lost a lot of respect for the people doing the rankings at BGP.

How about the 3-5 Fort Campbell team that you have ranked. Really? Teams like Murray get credit from past years and play an easy schedule, but the Commanders come back after being 3-8 and down for several years to play a comparable schedule to most teams ranked above them but get no love. Oh well, the game against Danville will tell if they are for real or not. It just makes the rankings look laughable when you rank a 3-5 team over an 8-0 team. Washington Co. had a bigger win against their only common opponent, and Fort Campbell also beat Hancock Co. and Todd County. WOW! All credit to FC for the past three years (and I love their program so I'm not bashing) but it's a joke to have them ranked at this point. If they beat OCath, yes. But until then I just lost a lot of respect for the people doing the rankings at BGP.

 

I knew that would get a lot of reaction. Don't worry about the rankings, Washington County will get an opportunity to prove themselves legit this week and in the playoffs. Fort Campbell at 3-5 will also get a chance to prove themselves this week and in the playoffs. I like FC's chances against any KY 2A team.

Agreed. It would just be nice for a team that's undefeated to get a little recognition of the hard work the kids have been putting in. Good luck against OCath!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.