Everything posted by footballf@n4life
-
Russell 35 Boyd County 20
Exactly, anyone who thinks a 5-2 is capable of stopping the spread option, especially when they have a player like Wilson is nuts.
-
Just a question.
How about making them sticky's so they stay atop the forum for easy access?
-
Northeastern Ky Week 2 Top 10
I'm not naysaying the poll over the #9 team. I just found it interesting a team that got blown out by Fairview got some votes, people voiced their opinion, I think its a good poll.
-
Ashland/Ironton Predictions
LOL I'm glad the Raceland fans and parents make it so easy for the Russell team to get fired up for the Raceland game. If it wasn't for the trash talking 364 days a year, Raceland might luck out into Russell coming in unmotivated.
-
Ashland/Ironton Predictions
I just don't see it being much of a contest. Ironton is better than Ashland at every single position. They are bigger, stronger, faster, and they have Lutz vs Hart. Ive seen crazier upsets happen, but I don't think the Tcats have it this year, althought I would love for them to pull it off. (If our world gets sucked through a blackhole into some alternate dimension then Ashland may win.)
-
Northeastern Ky Week 2 Top 10
True Maybe EC will get their first win this week.
-
Northeastern Ky Week 2 Top 10
Hrmmmm East Carter, who got blown out by Fairview?
-
Ashland/Ironton Predictions
Ironton by 30+ This will get ugly fast. Ashland will be lucky to produce 100yds of offense against Ironton, unless they start subbing early in the second half.
-
Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #3)
7 Bryan Station 5 Shelby Valley 3 Magoffin County 2 Lawrence County 1 Somerset TB Bryan Station
-
Russell 35 Boyd County 20
I'm not sure that is true. Wilson will go for 200+ against ANY team in Eastern Kentucky, and 90% of the teams in the state. He really is that good. They have a very good run D against normal offenses, but the 5-2 isn't really designed to stop the spread option. This D is as good as most Ive seen, other than for T Jones I think the Defense is much better in every position.
-
Russell 35 Boyd County 20
I really don't think Russell was at risk of losing this game. Yes there were some dropped passes. Russell also had 2 interceptions. Russell also scored pretty much at will, and if BC scores quicker instead of running 8 minutes off the clock when they have the ball, Russell would just go down and score again. BC only stopped them on 2 drives. Discounting the 2 at the end of each half when Russell was trying to run the clock out. BC played offense the entire second half it seemed. They just got 3 yds here, 4 yds there and also converted on quite a few 4th downs in the game. Wilson is the best athlete in the area, and he will run all over any team in this area, and most teams in the state. BC coaches do a good job of spreading out the field and letting him make plays. Russell's conditioning hurt them quite a bit also, they were completely wore out in the second half but still won. Good game BC, they should win their district if they stay healthy.
-
Boyd County/Russell Predictions
I'm so ready to get out of work.
-
Boyd County/Russell Predictions
30% chance of rain starting @ 7pm, this is what is left over from Gustav and is headed north. We are going to be right on the edge of the system, so it could really go either way.
-
Boyd County/Russell Predictions
It will be interesting to see how Russell's line responds tonight. This is a BC line that returns all 5 starters. They are very physical, and more than held their own against Belfry and Wayne, W.V. 2 very good teams. I hope they are not taking this game lightly, Russell has the potential to do very well in this game, but the kids need to play to the top of their ability. When passing plays are called, hopefully Cordle will show some restraint if noone is open and not force the play. He did well against GC, but this is going to be a much better line than GC. There will likely be more pressure. Hopefully he continues to perform as most of us know he can. Will, Drew, and Dave need to hang on to that ball tight, as it is likely to be wet tonight. This could be a coming out party for some of the Russell lineman. Hopefully they make a statement with their play tonight. Mtichell just needs to continue what he had going on last week. This is a big game for a lot of the BC coaching staff. Quite a few of them played for Russell and most at one time helped with the team for a couple of years. So don't think this BC team won't be extremely fired up.
-
Pick 10 Contest (Week #2)
Covington Catholic Trinity Male Fort Campbell Boyle County Owensboro Catholic Breathitt County Danville Lexington Christian George Rogers Clark 38
-
North-Eastern Kentucky Top 10
I'm talking more about game turnouts. Last year @ Russell was pathetic, worst Ashland crowd Ive seen for a Russell game ever.
-
North-Eastern Kentucky Top 10
Ive been kinda disappointed in the Ashland fans the last couple of years. Very poor following. Noone seems to want to be associated with the program.
-
North-Eastern Kentucky Top 10
- What is the best week #2 Game in Eastern Ky
HCT I'm surprised you won't be trying to get a peek at Russell this week.- Should Harlan Co be 3A or 5A?
So since if you consolidate and can stay in a lower class for a year. I see a Raceland/Russell consolidation before to long. I can imagine the whining that will go on when those 2 combined schools are playing in 3A. Actually by the new numbers by then, they may actually still be a 3A school lol.- Should Harlan Co be 3A or 5A?
I don't think anyone is trying to get it changed this year. However, if people don't speak out against what they feel is unfair, then the KHSAA will never change. In all honesty lets not act like people couldn't have adjusted their schedules to fit HC into the proper district and class. Also, how many teams would have to change their schedule by 1 game? Maybe 4 depending on the size of the district, plus their opponents, so 8 teams max. So I doubt the world of Kentucky Hs football would have been thrown into a whirlwind had a few teams had to change their schedules. Noone is really at fault, the consolidation had to be done for the betterment of the schools involved, and the students. I don't think not being allowed to play in the postseason of football should be such a big deal if the consolidation was so necassary for the schools involved. If a ban from postseason was the precedent, I imagine you would have seen HC playing in 5A this year.- The Independent's Super 7
I like your Oldrambler attitude! But never the less, There will always be a debate! So that is what most of us do here lol!!!!! It is a great forum for debate in 2008! It is a cyber debate where people cant hurt one another because they dont agree! It is entertainment! It is the only reason that this site even exist!(well not really) but it is really a major reason that those who actually post anything, use this site! If the super 7 were done correctly, it would be the Independent Super 7 in no particular order!! The best 7 teams in our area regardless of classification! not #1 #2 #3 etc. But man do I love FOOTBALL!!!- The Independent's Super 7
I do not want to argue who should be 1st or last, but just to fuel this thread some more, why does anyone think that JC should be #1? Is it based on the size of the school? Russell throttled GC last Friday! And they are much larger than Russell! But like I said everyone has an opinion and I dont really think it is arguable! Now to get to my point, Russell and Raceland do not play JC or many of the teams JC plays if any! So how is it possible to ever get to #1 unless JC loses? And even if JC loses to a powerhouse team how could anyone justify taking there #1 spot away? My theory is that both Russell and Raceland return quite a bit of there talent from very good squads last year! And so far have not given anyone reason to think that they will not be VERY GOOD this year! JC lost some very talented players from a year ago, but based on there tradition, should be very good again this year! SO THEREFORE JC, Raceland, and Russell should be tied for the #1 ranking until something happens to separate them!:argue::argue::walk:- The Independent's Super 7
While I agree with you somewhat. School size for the most part is a major foactor in how a school's sports program does. Now there are exceptions where the community and the alumni and the players are all very involved in the program from a young age. Depth and competition is the main factor. When you have more kids, it is more likely you will have more kids capable of playing at a good level. Thus creating depth and inner squad competition. If a kid knows he has to work his butt off to play, he is going to be a better overall player, than a kid who knows for sure he'll be playing. If Russell and Raceland were to become one school. 2 schools only 3 miles apart in the same community. The team would immediately become better due to depth. Imagine if most of these players could just play one way. Russell has 9 kids who start both sides of the ball. That being said I think Russell should be ahead of JC. However, Russell has yet to proove themselves so I understand the doubt.- Boyd County/Russell Predictions
Russell 49 Boyd Co. 14 Boyd does have quite a few ex-Russell players on their staff. So if anything, BC will be very prepared. They also traditionally play Russell very tight. - What is the best week #2 Game in Eastern Ky