Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry Bird

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Larry Bird

  1. my bad ---i was remembering that home game playoff talk for GC and thought it was this week. LB
  2. Why does the lower seed get to host the game ? I'm sure the answer probably won't make sense , the whole Ky playoff scheme is a joke. LB
  3. I agree with all the accolades being said in this thread ---you boys are not losers at all. Hold your head up high. You obviously earned the respect of your peers LB
  4. strong GC squad roll's into the playoffs with huge victory over Lewis co. (who could'nt beat a good freshman team) . LB
  5. your opinion agrees with my opinion :ylsuper: LB
  6. hard to get a handle on LC , good enough to beat Boyd but loses to Rowan . Plays Russell close. Has played really tough schedule. I'll take that over the constant soap opera at GC but it should be really close LC 22 GC 20 LB And please skip the playoff talk the thought of either one these two talking playoffs with 2 combined wins is silly. I'm all against rewarding those who does'nt deserve it. LB
  7. can somepost LC's record and scores ---thanks LB
  8. I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back ....my prediction from 5 days ago Ashland 33 GC 12 LB
  9. is it any wonder KY is looked at as a laughing stock by Ohio when we have these big games for HOME PLAYOFF spots when the team is truely terrible. The playoffs should be reserved for teams who have excelled during the year and won some games . This is foolish and desperately needs to be changed. I'm sure it's probably been beat to death on how stupid it is. LB
  10. Ashland 33 GC 12 downward slides and bad karma are tough to overcome. LB
  11. moving a kid who wants "more touches" to center is down right funny !!! LB
  12. What type of injury did he sustain ? LB
  13. Man an East and West GC would have been great. Maybe it's still a good idea. I agree that outside the area coaches will be needed to right the football ship. It's funny though, do you guys really think a coach would'nt use a player because of where he is from , I've never played for anyone who did'nt want to win , and win badly. They all know winning is what keeps their jobs . Anyway I'd be for bringing back Mckell High School Go Bulldogs I'm glad I'm not part of this drama LB
  14. Why does freshman/jv success not equal any , and I do mean any, success at the varsity level at GC ? Just 1 or 2 years ago the frosh went undefeated , and close to being unscored on, now it appears the young ones are rolling again , but when the varsity comes along they lose big ? any ideas ? LB
  15. Russell's JV could beat them badly , I'll say 55-6 . MD
  16. Heard Mike Diller, Greenup player from the mid 80's , has joined Raceland's staff. LB
  17. how have the greenup freshman done this year ? LB
  18. if you have a real talented kid looking to play at the highest level I'd check out Cincy Doom ---their 12u team next year should be top notch. If you are up scioto co way we would love to have you and your DD at our tryouts thanks MD
  19. IF , C'mon , play the IF game, if Trey W stays and Perry plays , does this change anyone's outlook about GC ? I'm just hoping they play and get things turned around at GC. I can see them above 500 if things go well. Best of luck to the young men who do play. LB
  20. To any girls in the Greenup/Lewis/Boyd Co areas who may interested in playing travel ball at the A level. We are having tryouts the weekend of Aug 25-26th. at the Lucasville LL fields. The 12u team has a strong returning group of players that won 4 of the 6 tourneys they have entered, with 2 2nds, and are playing in the eastern regionals in York Pa. this weekend. Approx. record this year is 35 plus wins 8 or 9 loses. The 10u girls that will will be moving up finished 3rd in the state ASA tourney and their record is something like 40 some wins with 4 or so loses. They will be playing in a national tourney in Indianapolis in Sept. We are looking for girls and parents who are dedicated to playing softball 1st and other sports 2nd. We will be practicing indoors this winter and hope to play in 2 indoor winter tourney's, followed by a spring/summer of the best tristate tourney's and finally a national tourney. Email me with any questions. LB
  21. I watched the last inning last night against Japan ---the call on the final out on the Japan team was one the worst calls I've ever witnessed. Would not have changed the outcome but that was a terrible interpatation on the lookback rule. just awful. LB
  22. yeah it's hard to put out stats when you don't play. I agree with you , in the loaded 63rd , no one would even notice a 6'6" guy who runs/jumps like a deer. He propably would'nt even make a difference. Also yes I have slammed your boy , hicks, he embarrassed GC by his sideline antics long before any law suits, suspensions, etc and etc . But Hicks is an adult, and a public figure. Perry is a high school kid. Me slamming Hicks is not the same as you slamming Perry. do you get that ? Lastly if Craft and Middleton are better than Perry , and the facts show Perry is a very tall kid who plays above the rim then is GC really the worst team among the 63rd ? I just don't see it. Man I hope the young man plays. Go GC ------LB
  23. And your source for knowing perry does'nt care about basketball ? Do you know any GC insiders ? I do, someone in the know told me personally the kid was going to play. And why he did'nt play last year. As for your insult , it usually does'nt pay to insult someone you know absolutely zero about. Like me or Seth Perry . To describe a kid on here as a team cancer is classless. grow up and stick to picking on adults on here and leave the kids out. LB
  24. I'll gladly compare the results after the games are played ---I'm assuming Perry plays at GC. Thats the word I heard 2 weeks ago. W/O Perry GC is talent thin, add a 6'6" player and they get better real quick. And winning the 61st is not near the accomplishment of winning the 63rd , which GC used to take for granted . I'm not expecting GC to set the world on fire , just be better than lewis and russell. Over the last 25 years the 61st has been bad except for the occasionally good Rowan team. LB
  25. This post stating Bath co is a step up from GC in hoops should be nominated for dumbest post of the year. Are you serious ? Yes, having a job is a step up from unemployeement but to compare Bath and GC in hoops accomplishments is a joke . Also what does GC not having a winners mentality mean , 3 years ago they hired the guy you are now excited about ?? Did they lose this "mentality" by running off a guy that was an embarrassment for the time he was there ? My opinion is the right guy just has'nt been steering the ship for several years at GC. The program and talent is fine , just needs tihe right guy. I hope Leach is. Now that the "political atmosphere" has changed by getting rid of the ring leader maybe things will be fine immediately. Maybe not. In my lifetime Bath has NEVER won squat. GC has a great tradition. They should not even be compared. LB

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.