Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence Co. vs. Greenup Co.

Who wins? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Greenup County
      34%
    • Lawrence County
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Any thoughts on this game . I know Greenup has a lot of injuries and is coming off a tuff loss to Ashland . And Lawrence Co. has several injuries also but one of these teams has got to put something together . This game will be for a first round home play-off game . I wish the Dawgs good luck and hope both teams come away with out any more injuries.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup will get some player's back from suspensions, seniorS, #2 AND #71 both seniors, #15, kicker was also suspended, for the Ashland game. Hopefully, some of the injured, will heal enough, to be able to play, #26 hurt ankle and #41 broke his nose last night, the injury bug has landed upon us, and will not go away, this will probaly be the biggest game we have hosted in years. It could be for 1st place in the district,possibly if we win, 3rd place if we lose, depending on how the 2 other two district teams end up next Friday.Injured and unable to play 14 players, 6 seniors, on that list.

I will pick LCHS in this one.

 

LCHS 28

GCHS 17

is it any wonder KY is looked at as a laughing stock by Ohio when we have these big games for HOME PLAYOFF spots when the team is truely terrible. The playoffs should be reserved for teams who have excelled during the year and won some games . This is foolish and desperately needs to be changed. I'm sure it's probably been beat to death on how stupid it is. LB

#26 T.Waugh sophmore, fractured ankle, but I will go out on a limb this week and say Greenup County will win this game, we will get some player's back, maybe 75%, of those that have missed the last 2 wks. Plus it being Spirit week and Homecoming, that may put us in the right frame of mind. Greenup County 24-16 over Lawrence County.

Lawrence County 32

 

Greenup County 17

This LC team is being picked on allot this year by the fans and media for having some bad years recently. So what did they do? They went and got a HIGHLY knowledgable new offensive coordinator and told him that he would have the time and the freedom to change the style of offense that this team uses. Now people want to take the VERY rough start that they've had and turn that into a reason to gripe about the coaches or faculty or players.... I am just shocked and appalled that some of these fans have such short memories... I played for Goldsmith (albeit VERY briefly because I stunk) and I can tell you that he has nothing but winning and teaching these boys to be men on his mind! He is not just a good man, but he is a man that deserves the time to turn this program around.

 

If you recall it was Goldsmith and Michaels that turned this program into a powerhouse before Chuke got here. I also recall that Preece played his heart and soul out for this team and loves this program. So I for one will be patient and give goldsmith and Preece the time they deserve to implement this new scheme and teach this young group of players what it takes to bring the bulldogs back to the top of mountain.:thumb:

 

Oh yeah: LC-28 GC-14

Lawrence County has had 2 weeks to get ready for this one. Once again the story will be how LC's O-line holds up. If the center can make good snaps and they give the QB time to block LC should win. But if they can't Greenup will take this one.

But I am sticking with My Dawgs....LC 21 GC 20

GC is always in the game at half-time whether leading or just trailing by a few, but after half-time it seems to slip away and ends up in a blow out. With the returning players from suspensions and injuries and hoping they make the right adjustments at half-time to play four good quarters of football, I'm picking GC.

 

 

GC: 34

LC: 20

 

GO MUSKIES!!!

I think Lawrence will pull this one out by a touchdown!

I think it will be a close one but I look for a Lawrence County win.

  • Author

If Lawrence Co. can cut down on the little mental mistakes like jumping of side when it's 3rd and short and some how get the snap to the QB with out him having to jump up in the air for it and we need to get our long snaps to the punter this is what killed us against Rowan Co. It's been the little things all season for this team . Our offense I feel has been on the verge all year of just lighting some one up we seen a sample of it against Coal Grove . The kids here on this team hasn't dropped their heads it's like they know they are better then their record shows and I for one hope that this is the week that it will all come together for them . We are missing 4 starters for this game and with a thin bench it will be hard but theirs a lot riding on this game it could be for the district championship and home field for the play offs . I know a lot of people are down on this district because all 4 teams gets into the play offs but hey they have nothing to do with how the state sets things up . So I say go out there and make the best of it and try to have some fun in the process. GO DAWGS

This LC team is being picked on allot this year by the fans and media for having some bad years recently. So what did they do? They went and got a HIGHLY knowledgable new offensive coordinator and told him that he would have the time and the freedom to change the style of offense that this team uses. Now people want to take the VERY rough start that they've had and turn that into a reason to gripe about the coaches or faculty or players.... I am just shocked and appalled that some of these fans have such short memories... I played for Goldsmith (albeit VERY briefly because I stunk) and I can tell you that he has nothing but winning and teaching these boys to be men on his mind! He is not just a good man, but he is a man that deserves the time to turn this program around.

 

If you recall it was Goldsmith and Michaels that turned this program into a powerhouse before Chuke got here. I also recall that Preece played his heart and soul out for this team and loves this program. So I for one will be patient and give goldsmith and Preece the time they deserve to implement this new scheme and teach this young group of players what it takes to bring the bulldogs back to the top of mountain.:thumb:

 

Oh yeah: LC-28 GC-14

 

Here is one fan from another school who is pulling for Coach Goldsmith. He is a class act and the kind of guy you want to see succeed. I am picking Lawrence 31 - 28.

can somepost LC's record and scores ---thanks LB

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.