Rank the 63rd District

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Raceland: From what I saw this Summer were quite talented, but of course that is Summer basketball. I believe Scott Floyd's Rams will be adding a 63rd district title this year, there first since a freshman name Cam Thoroughman led them to title. Of course that freshman grew into a 6'7"+ guard who is now a Redshirt-Freshman for Huggins at WVU.

2. Lewis County: With the return of Joe "Mr. March" Hampton assured the Lions return enough to compete for a district title, but the 63rd is just way down by in comparison to previous seasons.

3. Russell: A tough year for the "Dodd Squad" losing the bulk of there scoring to graduation, but with a break or two who knows?

4. Greenup County: An absolute mess is what Coach Leach walks into, turmoil plenty here, but he seems to be willing to fight through it. I wish him a ton of luck.

There are those that preach that Dodd is better than slice bread but unless he gets 5 starting transfers in, he will be lucky to win 10, and he will lose by 20 numerous times this year, there is definetly less turmoil in GC land now but they honestly lost by 20 or more this summer 2-3 times to jv teams

Out of curiousity, do you now think that with Hicks at Bath that the waters are calm at GC?

It will definitely make it easier on the GC staff.

The addition of Craft and Perry will help but they lost a talented senior class from last year.

Summer basketball is what it is.

There are those that preach that Dodd is better than slice bread but unless he gets 5 starting transfers in, he will be lucky to win 10, and he will lose by 20 numerous times this year, there is definetly less turmoil in GC land now but they honestly lost by 20 or more this summer 2-3 times to jv teams

I think the loss of Seth Harvey will really hurt the Devils. Jacob Ferguson needs to have a HUGE season for the Devils to be competitve.

1. Raceland

2. Lewis Co.

3. Russell

4. Greenup Co.

Besides Elliott Co.district this looks to be the most lopsided district in the 16th

:thumb: I agree with this rankings although I might see Russell overtaking Lewis for the #2 slot. I will stay with your picks though Boss, they look pretty good. Raceland should take the 63rd this coming season, no question about it.

It will definitely make it easier on the GC staff.

The addition of Craft and Perry will help but they lost a talented senior class from last year.

Summer basketball is what it is.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in players who didn't participate this summer. I know Craft plays Baseball and Football. As for Perry I think it is still questionable whether he plays or not. A whole lot of unknowns, not easy for Coach Leach being in the situation he's in. I wish him luck, he seems like a nice guy, but I think he is in for more than he knows.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in players who didn't participate this summer. I know Craft plays Baseball and Football. As for Perry I think it is still questionable whether he plays or not. A whole lot of unknowns, not easy for Coach Leach being in the situation he's in. I wish him luck, he seems like a nice guy, but I think he is in for more than he knows.

Summer ball is overrrated.

Ward's good teams at GC played very few summer games.

It will be a challenge for Leach but keeping Sutton around was a good move.