Rank the 63rd District

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it was a good move to keep Sutton, I was kind of suprised Sutton was willing to stay around. Summer ball is over rated in some ways, but it does show the dedication a kid has for your program. I know Craft plays multiple sports, but the Perry kid doesn't and he should've/could've been there for the Musketeers. Ward's teams did play few summer games, but that was a different era of basketball, I believe he has even evolved from that. Summer ball doesn't mean a lot towards predicted the regular, but it does help build camaraderie among teammates.

I think the loss of Seth Harvey will really hurt the Devils. Jacob Ferguson needs to have a HUGE season for the Devils to be competitve.
I thought Seth was staying at Russell. So is he gone? The way DODD runs his offense I do not see him getting beat by 20 pts. He runs his offfense to slow almost like the 4 corners that was ran awhile ago in college before the shot clock.

Seth is gone back to Louisville and St. X. He has dropped over 20 pounds this summer and has been working out at a high performance clinic in Louisville to get ready for football. As much as his size was useful in the high school game, we all know his bread was going to be buttered by him playing football at the next level and perhaps beyond. As coaches will always tell you, you can't coach size and Seth definitely has size. No guarantee he would have continued his basketball career after this football season anyway. Seth and his father may have decided that between Dodd's constant browbeating and the desire to continue working for a football scholarship, another season on the hardwood didn't fit his best interests.

My understanding is there has always been 2 factions at GCHS, from Graysbranch on down and everyone else

Yeah that's pretty close I'm not sure exactly were the line is drawn, but the county is certainly different from the Eastern end to the Western end. It has always been a tough situation at GC with the differences. It's nearly impossible to get two schools to get along in a merger, much less three like GC was when it was developed.

I know that is a true shame as Sutton as it seems to me that Sutton in many ways, sold himself out to try to get the Head Position. He may have lost himself and everything that he was ever taught or learned in the process, and that is truly sad. All I know is that if I had a son there is no way I would have my child in the mess that the GC school system has become. It is a true shame that you can say 90% don't respect him, in my opinion that simply states the neagativity that eats away at good ol' GCHS. Oh and by the way, the planet I live on has a good dose of reality in it, and the truth is that I am a realist and I'm no longer blinded by the nonsense that has been created at GC.

As usual BGPers talking about a good young coach with no facts at all.

Too bad this site gets that way at times.

People hiding behind a name.

I agree Jay. Knowing him personally, I have never seen or heard anything from him that lead me to believe he had anything more than the best interests of the kids and the program at heart. Not saying he should have been named the new head coach this year, but he certainly doesn't deserve the bashing he is getting from a few folks. Some of the things being said about him on here make me think some people don't know as much as they think they do about the situation.

By the way, isn't he a former GCHS standout??? If so, a good, young coach that is also a former player should be given a little more respect, IMO. I guess they eat their young down there...

Nathan Sutton will be a head varsity coach someday soon, when the right situation comes along.

I agree, just don't understand some of the negative posts about what seems to be a fine young man and promising future head coach.