Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lungbuster

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lungbuster

  1. Bronco99 speaks a lot of truth. I am close to the situation so I know what has and hasn't happened. All I will say is Coach did nothing wrong. Take it or leave it I am finished with this topic.
  2. Thank You Leonidas.
  3. Do a little research about the High school and you might eat some crow. They have one of the best schools in the state of Kentucky and have been recognized across the United States.
  4. Johnson County is a very good School. Academics are very important and they do it the right way at the High school. Next, this coach seems to do everything except cleaning windows. It seems to me this coach has a high drive to be and do all he can do. Until someone can post that he is making 100g's just for coaching I think all this is without merit. Why blast a man who is doing all that this coach does? A teacher with 27 years service and a rank one will make close to 60. Add in whatever his coaching pay is say 20 thousand and you are around 80. Add extended days for extra service pay and throw in his extra duties of coaching other sports and 100 g's isn't unrealistic. Teachers and coaches have many other duties that add to his or her pay. Don't blast him because he has a work ethic and a desire to work. I say good for Coach and even heard he might drive a bus next year but didn't want the other 10g's so people wouldn't talk. lol
  5. I haven't read the release so I don't know what it holds but What I do Know is that Coach Matney is a great coach. One of the hardest workers in the game today. He is respected by his peers and more importantly he is a good person. Good luck coach and We support you.
  6. :dancingpa I like this also.:dancingpa
  7. I heard wrong that Paying coaches from outside sources isn't Illegal or it doesn't happen at your school. If the second , I didn't say you or anyone else did this. All I said was I thought that practice was illegal?:flame:
  8. IMO Hensley would be the perfect choice. He would be great for the Pikeville program.
  9. Who is what we all want to know!
  10. They are several coaches in the mnts that make around 100,000 and its mainly for coaching only. Believe it or not?
  11. You must be mistaken. Isn't that illegal by khsaa standards?
  12. Many think those 30 practices over the high school tenure that other states had when Kentucky didn't was one of those reasons they were much further along than us. Note the recent success now in the Tenn/Kentucky allstar game. Maybe something to it. Do they even want to play it now that we are competitive? It most certainly helps!
  13. My words were from years and years of talk nothing official but I have always heard Bell Co. was the lowest around ( which is surprising) and Middlesboro and Corbin have always been on the high end. Most other schools must fall somewhere between. Somebody needs to give those guys a little raise down that way. I would be willing to bet those guys work harder than most or as hard I should say.
  14. A lot of Disticts do it different. Some on experience and some a %. Also, some just have a flat rate across the board. In Southeast Kentucky it can range from 1800 to close to 6000 for an assistant coach. I even Know of cases where the head Coach has a certain amount of football money that he can divide among his coaches. One with 1 year might start out at 1800 while another on the staff with extra duties might make 6500. It is different at different schools. While I agree it wouldn't be close to enough to leave without a teaching job coaches pay has increased slightly over the years.
  15. Interesting that he didn't bring any assistants. However, with him being familiar with Harlan this probably isn't that big of a deal. I am sure the coaches from the other schools will make up most of his staff but you are talking about 20 some coaches from all three schools. It will be interesting to see who makes the cut. I am guessing he will have a staff of around 8 to 10.
  16. Does anybody know what kind of staff Coach Larkey has put together for the Black Bears. Did Coach bring anyone with him? I am interested in finding out the names of his assistants. Assistants are a very big part of the program as everyone understands. Harlan Co. Bears , Blackbears08 or Scatbackskin can you help us out with some info? Youngblood or Wideopen?
  17. The 250-300 attending Pikeville isn't really any different than any other southern Kentucky schools that have this type agreement. I don't know the details of this agreement and I am not saying one is right and the other is wrong but what you have has been standard for many many years. However, with the decline of population in this area and a tight budget which has been the case for the last several years schools are doing what they can to hold on with limited resources. Many school districts have opted to do away with these contracts in hopes of more students coming back. Which in turn bring more money to their districts. Breathitt Co. and Harlan County are the last two that at some point did away with the limited contract all together. Harlan County however signed another limited contract after several years of fighting. Declining population is only going to cause these type contracts a thing of the past.
  18. The County/City sounds to me like they have a limited contract between the two. This allows students up to a certain number the ability to enroll from the county to the city and the ADA will follow. The county could ( and most have) do away with a limited contract and the ADA would not follow any students outside their district. Therefore you could go from some to none very quickly. Now obviously the city would have to require tuition for anyone outside the city to be able to educate those children.
  19. This is a very good question and only time will tell. However, I have heard several different times that a Super-class would be added. This Super-class would have the largest schools plus any school who wanted to play up. All the rest would be placed according to enrollment with No exceptions. The question I have if this holds true is would it be back to 4 classes and then the Super-class? Could it be the 6 classes like now and then add the super-class on top of it? I really haven't heard many details as for how it would be done but am hearing a lot of talk about this so called Super-class.
  20. Just wait till we name our B-ball coach. It will only get better.
  21. I think that is almost a given if things hold true like in other areas but it will be a few years down the road.
  22. ArmchairQB I really wasn't trying to take a shot at Harlan Ind. but I see how you could of reached that conclusion. Without going into much detail I think we all would get along much better if Harlan played with city kids. They are a lot of things going on as we speak to add conflict between the schools but this isn't the place to discuss that. As far as the kids go I am for kids regardless of the school they go to. As for Hensley I am hoping he takes the Pikeville job as mentioned on another thread. I really think the two would be a great fit and I think he would/could take them back to the finals before long. As far as the district and 5 of 9 and all that, things are changing here in Harlan County like they have already in other parts of the state. With the new district that Harlan will be playing in and the players coming up for the next several years do you really think Harlan can compete in the new age. If your answer is the same as mine then how would you answer the question that was asked earlier. Why would kids transfer. It seems to me that numbers are as big a factor in today's teams as anything and most of the schools are going to be a lot bigger than Harlan. I would think that Harlan is going to be on the several year plan from here on out. They will play several years before they have 1 group that can compete and then play several more years. This is not a knock on Harlan but the way it is for the surrounding areas we live in. The only way to compete is to have numbers or to get the very best players? I don't know it is just my opinion! On the other hand maybe they will get the very best players only time will tell.
  23. And yes I was talking about Harlan Ind. not Letcher Co.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.