Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$100k High School Coach

Featured Replies

If I'm understanding correctly from another thread, Coach Matney of Johnson Central makes approximately $100k per year. I'm stunned. Is this an isolated case?

 

Does he teach full-time at JCHS as in 6 or 7 classes per day?

 

Does the district pay his full $100k salary?

 

 

Note: God bless him if he's getting paid this much. My post is not a criticism of him. Its a serious question of priorities in the state of KY.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear you are totally correct....

 

Man it must be nice.....

 

He hasnt even got his team to a state championship game... Wonder how much he would get if they won it.....

He is also the head Wrestling coach. He has had much more success in that field of play compared to football.

  • Author
He is also the head Wrestling coach. He has had much more success in that field of play compared to football.

 

So he teaches full-time, is the head football coach, AND the head wrestling coach? Busy man but not unique. I'm trying to figure out what makes this particular gentleman a 6-figure guy.

I am willing to bet that the school system spent less money on computers and text books last year than what Mattney was paid for the great service he provides...

 

But I dont think he teaches....

  • Author
I am willing to bet that the school system spent less money on computers and text books last year than what Mattney was paid for the great service he provides...

 

But I dont think he teaches....

 

There's simply no way he makes $100k , its paid by the school system, and he doesn't teach. No way. Right?

From the Coaching Salaries thread

 

Matney is making over 100,000 G a Year... We do believe Football is on the Matney my bad Money..

 

The last time it was reported in the Paintsville Herald it was like 123,000....

But they had it divided up

 

Head Coach- Football

Coach-Wrestling Team.

Special Education Teacher

Drug Awareness Teacher

 

Theres also A rumor the BOE paid for his House also, not to sure about that one!!!

He makes over 100k.....

 

and yes to my knowledge he doesnt teach...

happy ol' dad, I think it would be prudent to not post speculation and uncertainties.

sorry about that ......

 

But I cant picture this 100k a year....

 

My mother is a teacher and she makes 30k a year and has been doing it for 15 years....

 

I guess I should of went to become a Drug Awareness teacher because I hear they make alot of money....

"..................... and as the injured and weak zebra falls back from the pack, the lions cunningly make their move."

sorry about that ......

 

But I cant picture this 100k a year....

 

My mother is a teacher and she makes 30k a year and has been doing it for 15 years....

 

I guess I should of went to become a Drug Awareness teacher because I hear they make alot of money....

 

Wow, I have been teaching for less than 10 and I will make over 40k this year. Sounds like your mom needs to teach in a better school system... :p

Wow, I have been teaching for less than 10 and I will make over 40k this year. Sounds like your mom needs to teach in a better school system... :p

 

Ashland Independent Schools

Rumor has it that a former head football coach from New Richmond High Schol made that until he was let go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.