Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lone Wolf

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lone Wolf

  1. What is Rose Hill's rating in the state that makes them the "most over-rated" school in the state? Pardon me for asking, just wondering... Also, does anyone know if Rose Hill beat LCA last year like a previous person on this thread implied? I thought LCA beat them last year... I agree Rose Hill has to improve to finish second in the 16th region, BUT all this continued bashing and hatred for Rose Hill is ridiculous. Hey, O.J. has been gone for years! Can't the Rose Hill haters get over it by now?
  2. I agree Rose Hill needs to schedule more home games. Euton and Jackson are both excellent players already and fine young men. They can only continue to improve at their young ages. It will be exciting to watch them play together.. I think Jackson already displays some great skills on the court that would greatly benefit the UK Wildcats three years from now. If he continues to improve, he will be recruited by a number of top schools. IMO it would be great to see Jackson and Euton both come to play for UK at the same time.
  3. I believe Euton and Jackson will both be Sophmores this season.
  4. I think you will see a significnt improvement in both Dakota Euton and Chad Jackson this season. They are working hard to improve their many talents. Look for both to show physical improvement, as well as make better decisions on the court.
  5. Rose Hill Christian - O.J. Mayo
  6. A few observations about Dakota Euton: 1. He is indeed a hard worker who wants to improve all aspects of his game. 2 He already displays many talents on the court and he is a work in progress, who will continue to improve his game over the next three years. 3. He is a great three point shooter for his size and he can really get hot from beyond the arc. 4. He seldom misses a free throw and he draws plenty of fouls. 5. He is going to continue to grow in stature and strength and his physical skills have potential for nice improvement. 6. He is a quiet humble boy, who takes all this publicity in stride. 7. His Mom and Dad are both great people and parents, very supportive, but not overbearing. (They are also very knowledgeable about basketball.) Last, but not least, I hope Coach Gillispie will continue to watch and consider Chad Jackson, the excellent guard who plays with Euton at Rose Hill. He is another terrific talent. I think he's in the same grade as Euton. I would love to see both of them playing for the UK Wildcats!
  7. Congratulations to a find young man! AWESOME !
  8. Great post FASTBREAK ! I couldn't agree with you more.
  9. JD IF YOU PLEASE makes it sound like someone in the KHSAA has a vendetta against Rose Hill. I get the impression Rose Hill has been found guilty of something unless they can prove they are innocent. He makes it sound like Rose Hill is the only school in the KHSAA that enrolled a student who was a good ball player. It usually does not take long for one of these threads to bring out the jealousy that flourished during the O.J. days in the 16th region.
  10. I think one of the transfers mentioned coming to Rose Hill might be the Hutchinson boy who played at Huntington High last year. I understand he is a very good guard.
  11. I tend to agree with FBALL that the administration must shoulder much of the blame for this fiasco. It sounds like Coach Hicks did not play politics with the right people in the Greenup administration and he got shoved out on some trumped up charges. I think the fact that Hicks has retained David Welch as his attorney speaks volumes for the validity of Hicks' suit. We don't know how this litigation will turn out, but don't be surprised if Hicks is vindicated.
  12. Coach Pratt was a great player and a fine coach. He will be missed by many and those who played under him are fortunate. He is a true gentleman, although very competitive. I know him to be a man of faith in God and he has demonstrated this through his contacts and dealings with students, players and adults throughout his career.
  13. I must concur with Scooterbob on this one. I think he is correct as to how the KHSAA operates. While I do not know Coach Hicks personally, I have heard a number of people speak well of him. I do know the attorney representing Coach Hicks and I don't think he would become involved in this case unless he believed his client to be telling the truth. I wonder if Coach Hicks has really done anything different or worse than the vast majority of the other coaches ?
  14. Well, when all is said and done, it is a shame Ms. Queen did not make it; and that is not intended to take anything away from the young ladies who were voted in. Irregardless of how the team is chosen and despite anyone's likes or dislikes for Ms. Queen's father or Coach, she should have been on the team. I don't think anyone can justify her being passed over. I'm no big fan of hers, but I've seen all of them play and I know her stats and accomplishments. Everyone knows she should have been selected.
  15. Well, lets hope she makes it. She definitely DESERVES it !!!
  16. Congratulations to Elliott County and good luck at Rupp! I know you will represent the region well.
  17. Sounds like this game could be a "barn burner". This game could really give Coach Biggs a huge season. McDavid and Thomas can handle the pressure if Ashland is close coming down the stretch.
  18. The radio crew that broadcast the Championship game did a fantastic job. Thanks for your hard work and the broadcast was very fair and impartial.
  19. Yes, we will pray Jon's surgery is successful and he is restored to full strength. It was a tough way to end a great high school basketball career. He is an exciting player to watch.
  20. Great game for the Lady Royals ! I can hardly believe they out rebounded Russel by 10 boards. Rose Hill also shot 83% from the free throw line, if I heard the stats correctly.
  21. Final 61-51 Rose Hill. Queen had 29 pts. and 15 boards, I think.
  22. Queen and Simpson just collided hard and Queen is down and was taken out.
  23. 45-36 Rose Hill by 9 at end of 3rd quarter.
  24. Sounds like Rose Hill has done a good job of containing Okra, but Russell is closing the gap.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.