Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Star Game

Featured Replies

Can someone please explain to me how the all time leading scorer and rebounder of the 16th region was recently not voted on by her peers to represent the 16th region in Bowling Green this weekend?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me how the all time leading scorer and rebounder of the 16th region was recently not voted on by her peers to represent the 16th region in Bowling Green this weekend?

 

I heard that Queen and Terry were both playing? Maybe Queen was added after the fact.

I am confused. How does the voting take place? who votes?

  • Author
I am confused. How does the voting take place? who votes?

 

 

Thats what I am trying to find out, because if it took place after the regional tournament then let the conspiracy theories begin, if not then please explain. I am just confused as usual, at least thats what, no wait a minute, is that, no its not, nevermind.

Must have been voted on by the same folks who voted for POY in the 16th region.

 

Sorry. That's a whole other thread. My bad.

  • Author
Must have been voted on by the same folks who voted for POY in the 16th region.

 

Sorry. That's a whole other thread. My bad.

 

You are going to need some protection.

 

(Soft Scroffy voice) You do a favor for me, I'll do a favor you.

I don't know the voting process for this, but as I asked previously (this will +the 3rd time), Has RH paid their membership dues to the KABC? It is a simple yes or no answer. If the answer is no, then the explanation is also simple. You must be a member to be considered. If RH is not a member, simply approach your AD and ask why. If it is a member, then I can see everyone's argument without a doubt. But no membership=no consideration...

  • Author
I don't know the voting process for this, but as I asked previously (this will +the 3rd time), Has RH paid their membership dues to the KABC? It is a simple yes or no answer. If the answer is no, then the explanation is also simple. You must be a member to be considered. If RH is not a member, simply approach your AD and ask why. If it is a member, then I can see everyone's argument without a doubt. But no membership=no consideration...

 

 

The answer is no to the KABC but the KABC has nothing to do with the all star game.

Thanks, BB

 

I may have crossed threads, but I was referring to post #5 by Royal Uncle.

 

Now may I ask why they aren't members? There must be a reason; after this same discussion took place last year, one would think it wouldn't be overlooked a second time.

 

For the record, I have very much enjoyed watching RH play the last few years, and I think both Queen and Terry deserved to play in the All Star game.

  • Author

Just read in the ADI, that Fortman is joining Terry in the East West All Star game today at Bowling Green.The KABC does have something to do with it, I dont really know all the details. Not taking anything away from Terry and Fortman, they are great players and deserve to be playing in this All Star game. I just cant figure out how Queen was left off this list. Please ignore post 8, the KABC has everything to do with this game...sorry for not getting some info before jumping to conclusions...Congrats to both Laura and Jessica!

The girls who are in the all-star game today are the top 2 vote getters in the KABC player of the year award.

  • Author
The girls who are in the all-star game today are the top 2 vote getters in the KABC player of the year award.

 

 

I am really confused now, I was under the impression that RH players were not even eligible because of fees or dues not being paid current. I still dont see how Queen is not voted on for this. Was this voted on prior to Districts and Regionals, I assure you that I am not trying to stir up anything, I am just very curious the due process of KABC by-laws on determining who is selected. Nothing wrong with their selections. As I stated Laura and Jessica are great players and are very deserving.

  • Author

It really doesnt matter, just wondering.

The girls who are in the all-star game today are the top 2 vote getters in the KABC player of the year award.

 

And there you have it from one of their own. I've wanted to comment...and will respond with more to this entire matter later...but clearly Emily was just as eligible as Jessica Fortman to receive votes for POY.

 

It really doesnt matter, just wondering.

 

It matters to a girl who is trying to understand it all...but I'll have more to say about it later.

Like I said in a previous thread. Maybe the vote was split between Laura and Emily. Two great players on the same team. Did Rose Hill cast a vote for KABC player and coach of the year. Anyone who coaches in the system and pays their 15.00 dues is eligible to cast a vote.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.