Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Star Game

Featured Replies

Clarification of how all stars for this game were picked.

 

All votes are for seniors.

 

KABC Player of the Year gets an automatic bid (Fortman), then the next highest vote getter gets to play as well (Terry).

 

Each person that pays the $15.00 KABC membership gets to vote for player of the year. So lets say all of your coaches, Varsity, JV, Freshmen and then 8th and 7th grade pay, they are allowed to vote. If one school has at least 5 votes they are more than likely going to vote for their own player. Then you could always pay membership for your scorekeeper and statistician if you wanted as well and get a couple of more votes.

 

I would think Terry and Queen split some votes and Queen just ended up on the short stick.

I am glad someone explained the process.

IMO each school should only get one vote. As it is now certain schools could be like an electoral college.:p :sssh: ;)

  • Replies 65
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when all is said and done, it is a shame Ms. Queen did not make it; and that is not intended to take anything away from the young ladies who were voted in. Irregardless of how the team is chosen and despite anyone's likes or dislikes for Ms. Queen's father or Coach, she should have been on the team.

 

I don't think anyone can justify her being passed over. I'm no big fan of hers, but I've seen all of them play and I know her stats and accomplishments. Everyone knows she should have been selected.

And if Emily made the all star team everyone would be saying that Fortman/Terry should have been on there also depending on who came in third.

 

Someone always has to win and lose in competition. This conversation could last forever. Next!

I think I read the post correctly, "All Star Game", but no one actually mentioned the game that was played on Saturday. It was great to watch some of the best basketball players in the state play, enjoyable to watch and profits go to a great foundation. There were a lot of great players to watch and they put on a great show for the fans that were there. The East won with a great shooting 4th quarter after being down after 3, but winning in these types of games doesn't matter, just watching the great play of high school girls is what matters. Each region has plenty of great players, some more than others, but as a fan I enjoyed the game!

Is there a link that shows who was on each team. There has been a lot of discussion about who was not but I am looking to see the complete rosters.

 

Thanks

Look up ky association of basketball coaches, it is on this website. Click on home!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.