Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Star Game

Featured Replies

The top vote getter and the runner up are chosen to play. Okoro was very close to getting to play in the game.

Terry was the runnerup so you can throw out the RH conspiracy theory.

Best of luck to Jessica and Laura in today's game.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top vote getter and the runner up are chosen to play. Okoro was very close to getting to play in the game.

Terry was the runnerup so you can throw out the RH conspiracy theory.

Best of luck to Jessica and Laura in today's game.

 

And there it is again...a not so subtle way to let us all know that even Okoro was placed ahead of Emily.

I smell the green monster, and I'm not talking about Fenway Park.

Just for the record, Emily will be attending the All Star game and cheering for her fellow 16th Region players. Congratulations to both girls. What a circus.

I smell the green monster, and I'm not talking about Fenway Park.

 

Should have been the green eyed monster. See, I admit my mistakes. If only whoever left Queen off this team would admit their's.

Obviously, everyone can not play in this game. Instead of complaining who is playing and who is not playing shouldn't all the 16th region fans be cheering for the girls representing that region. It doesn't take a genious or even someone who knows bball to see that the 16th region had numerous girls who could plan flat play and loaded w/talent. Only the board knows how close the votes were w/the above mentioned players. They could have all been a vote apart. This is the sad thing involved w/competition, there always, on paper, has to be a winner and a loser. IMO, it is all in how you play the game and take the win or the lose. Evidentally, some of us, usually adults, do not take defeat to well.

 

My question is who came up w/the idea of playing this all star game?

This has absolutely nothing...nothing whatsoever to do with who plays and who doesn't, winning and losing and handling adversity. One's abilities and accomplishments are not measured by another's vote. It has everything to do with using the KABC as a platform to make statements about matters other than on-court performances of the players...and naiveté reigns supreme if one denies it.

This has absolutely nothing...nothing whatsoever to do with who plays and who doesn't, winning and losing and handling adversity. One's abilities and accomplishments are not measured by another's vote. It has everything to do with using the KABC as a platform to make statements about matters other than on-court performances of the players...and naiveté reigns supreme if one denies it.

 

There you go.

And there you have it from one of their own. I've wanted to comment...and will respond with more to this entire matter later...but clearly Emily was just as eligible as Jessica Fortman to receive votes for POY.

 

 

 

It matters to a girl who is trying to understand it all...but I'll have more to say about it later.

 

 

 

 

Emily isn't the only one trying to understand it all. I'll admit that I'm not the brightest guy in the world, but I'm having a real difficult time trying to figure this out. Nothing against the girls representing the 16th, they are great players, and great girls, but truly the best player in the 16th region won't be playing.

Just remember the girls who received this award read this board also.

Emily isn't the only one trying to understand it all. I'll admit that I'm not the brightest guy in the world, but I'm having a real difficult time trying to figure this out. Nothing against the girls representing the 16th, they are great players, and great girls, but truly the best player in the 16th region won't be playing.

 

...and it makes one uncomfortable to discuss the matter. To even raise a question gives the appearance of being critical of the fine players that will represent the 16th Region.

 

Just remember the girls who received this award read this board also.

 

I have kept that in mind throughout the thread and have posted accordingly. This is a perfectly legitimate discussion and has come about as the result of the last two year's of POY votes in the 16th Region.

Just remember the girls who received this award read this board also.

 

 

 

And like I stated both girls are great players, and great girls. It still doesn't change the fact that I believe Emily Queen to be not only the top player in the 16th region, but arguably the top player in the state.

Queen is a lagitimate canidate for Miss Basketball. I'm sure not making this team doesn't help her cause.

Queen is a lagitimate canidate for Miss Basketball. I'm sure not making this team doesn't help her cause.

 

And it has already been used against her in another thread. As I said earlier...quite a circus. Great stuff for BGPers though.

All I hear is how we in, the 16thn region, should support whoever is picked or wins a game, but where was the support from the area coaches during this vote. I have never claimed to be real bright, but I know this could have an effect. I'm sure they did too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.