Everything posted by oral32
-
Holmes 63 Elizabethtown 46
The next one won't be at NCC.
-
Boone v Conner predictions
Where's the game being played?
-
Holmes 63 Elizabethtown 46
Yes there have been upsets this year in the 9th but the cream of the crop will rise to the top come tourny time.
-
Holmes 63 Elizabethtown 46
Nice win for the Dawgs. Very impressive season 26-2. Now the real season begins. I look for the Dawgs to see Cov. Cath. twice before they can get to Rupp with Highlands being the only other possible team with a chance of up ending Holmes.
-
Holmes 73 Conner 60
If Holmes takes care of business at E-Town on Friday they will end the regular season up at 26-2. That would be pretty darn impressive. On a side note I know tourny time things get tough but I believe Homes will prevail and be in Lexington. One thing I hope to see is Holmes to get a chance to redeem themselves against NCC in the regional. I truly believe NCC does not want to face a hungry bunch of Dawgs again with something to prove to northern KY that they (Holmes) are the best team from NKY. I believe would would see a totally different result in the regional on a neutral floor. Good win for the Dawgs and Congrats to The Coaching staff and team on a great regular season and good luck in the post sesaon.
-
Holmes 57 Boone Co. 37
I can't agree with some of the previous post that maybe Boone's coach coached to lose. No Coach that I know has ever coached to lose a game they hate to lose no matter what! With that being said, if that was the case, don't you think Coach Henley would tank one just to get his team refocused before districts? I have talked to Coach Henley several time before games and he NEVER under estimates any opponet. If you listened to him you would think he was playing Cov. Cath. every night that just the way he prepares and in doing so his coaching staff also buys in to hard work on and off the floor and that produces W's.. The great thing this year is Holmes team has that great bluecollar mentality with out ego's and it does not matter who scores there is one common thread that binds this team together - everbody plays hard and defends or there 7-8 guys just waiting to take his place if he doesn't.
-
Holmes/Highlands Updates
Highlands made a great game of it even without Simpson, but with that being said don't discount homecourt advantage. I'm sure the Highlands faithful were great hoping to knock of Holmes. If you don't think Homecourt advantage does not help just ask Cov. Cath. as Holmes was 1 and 3 against them last year but they (Holmes) got the last one at home in the regional that mattered most. I believe on a neutral court it's still a good game but I don't believe it goes to overtime. Henderson was whistled for two early fouls and that allowed McGraw to go off in the first half for 15.
-
Holmes/Highlands Updates
Homes was down 6 to start the fourth quarter.
-
Holmes/Highlands Updates
OVERTIME 66 all
-
Holmes vs. Highlands Predictions
Does anyone know of a link where a b-ball fan might find this game to listen to?
-
Most wins in NKY
Just food for thought, Holmes Coach Henley played on state runner up in 1983 for Carlisle Co. that went 40-4. He knows something about racking up wins.
-
Holmes 65 Dixie 50
The Dawgs have two possible tough ones coming in Highlands on the road and Boone at home. If they win these two barring a major slip up they should run the table in the Ninth. Here's my question. I've always considered the Ninth as one of those regions you just can't go undefeated in. With that being said just really how good is this years Dawgs and when was the last time a team from the Ninth region went undefeated in their region for the entire year?
-
Holmes @ Dixie
Any updates?
-
Holmes Bulldogs 27-1 ???
I feel like Highlands has the best shot since they have Holmes at their place. Don't see Boone Co. getting them @Holmes. If one of these two don't get them I said as early as three weeks ago on this site that they could run the table in the ninth for the regular season. Or try this on for size, they win district and regional, and enter Sweet Sixteen at 32-1????
-
Cov. Holmes 69 Cawood 38
I think the administration may feel its tough to travel with the past problems but with that being said lets hope this years team and future years teams to come can change that outlook because it is a shame for this bunch of kids who seem to be a great group to have not been invited or allowed to accept invitations to play in more prestigous events because of past transgressions of former teams.
-
Cov. Holmes 69 Cawood 38
The dog pound will come out at tourney time. I was at the region semi's and finals last year and have made the trip to Lexington the past two trips and Holmes seemed to have plenty of fan support. I know of a lot of programs this day and time that the support only rolls out come tourney time. Back when I played in the early 80"s the gyms were always full. That just does not seem to be the case this day and time with some exceptions i.e. Cov Cath. All I remeber was at Holmes last year during the region finals it was packed to the rafters and hot as heck in that gym.
-
Cov. Holmes 69 Cawood 38
Just like the old saying goes there is no I in team. Who's to say when its all said and done that this team won't have more talent. Even thought his team is lead by seniors Henderson, Avery, Nelson, & Clark some of thier best talent is only soph's - Pittman, Johnson bros. to name a few. So it will have to play out for a couple of more years to see which team had more talent and in saying that how do we judge that talent? Do we see which team had more players go and play at higher levels in college or what?
-
Cov. Holmes 69 Cawood 38
I think the reporter for the enquirer said it best earlier in an article about this years Holmes team, that their coach was almost giddy and seemed rejuvinated at coaching this years team versus years past because of team work and discipline that this years team was showing early.
-
Cov. Cath. @ Holmes webcast.
Does anyone have a link to the broadcast of tonights game? I've been trying to get Cov. Cath. broacast to come up and either ther is something wrong with it or my computer because it will not display when I click on it.
-
Holmes 56 Holy Cross 37
It goes to show that Henderson can play at the D1 level. Isn't he only 5'11 and Sorrell 6'4? What I'm trying to say is that even though he is only 5'11 or so he can defend bigger players. Henderson is a beast on the floor and he deos not get caught up in having to score "his points" he is a true dream for a Coach to have.
-
Holmes 56 Holy Cross 37
If there is one thing you should know about Coach Henley is that he came from a team in high school that defense was everything with his former Coach Craynor Sloane. Henley learned early on that even if your shot is not falling and your struggling on offense your defense can win games because it usually is your more consistent thing that, if maximum effort is given, won't take a night off. With that being said it appears that at this point in the season he has a group of young men that has bought into that idea and are more than willing to play DEFENSE and are not a selfish bunch as seen by the scoring distribution being as equal as it is. Teams like that can go a long way in the post season because one person does not have to score every night for them to win (case and point look at last night with HC - Sorrell & Giwa together did not even score Giwa's season average). Holmes has three key games left to see how really special they can be before post season, Cov. Cath., Highlands, & Boone Co.. If one of these three does not get it together Holmes could run the table in the regular season in the Ninth.
-
Holmes @ Holy Cross updates
Final Holmes 56 HC 37
-
Holmes @ Holy Cross updates
end of the 3rd Holmes 36 - HC 24
-
Holmes @ Holy Cross updates
Anyone surprised that Sorrell had 4 @ half and Henderson was held scoreless.
-
Holmes @ Holy Cross updates
at the half Holmes 22 - HC 13