Everything posted by Royals and Saints Fan
-
Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
Totally agree, but surely it’s not true.
-
Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
SO Again, in these current times, the bands and cheerleaders DO NOT exist today to support basketball and football. They are all competitive individually. Be thankful that they take their own time to support their high school teams. Both band and cheerleading are big time at many schools. Cheerleading and band competitions are serious and well attended. Do the basketball and football teams invest any or much of their time to support band and cheerleading competitions? Uh, mostly not a chance.
-
George Rogers Clark 54 Mason County 42 (10th Region Championship)
GRC is a little more than twice bigger than Mason and significantly larger than all of the 10th region schools except for Campbell. You've got to admit its pretty crazy that GRC (1639) played Augusta (86) in the first game. GRC's new high school complex and athletic facilities, especially the football stadium and gym are absolutely outstanding. I guess every school can only try to do the best with what they have and can, and Clark has certainly done a lot. It doesn't seem totally fair but you can't fault them for doing all they can for their community and students.
-
Madison Central vs Frederick Douglas Predictions/Updates (11th Regional Semifinal)
Agreed, but MC only brings their A game this year about 30% of the time. See their record.
-
Great Crossing 53 Scott County 42 (11th Region Quarterfinals)
I agree, the 8th is as strong top to bottom as any region this year. But the 11th is almost always stronger and has much larger schools. Woodford is actually pretty large but is not really close to the Lexington publics, Madison Central or even the growing Scott County schools.
-
Great Crossing 53 Scott County 42 (11th Region Quarterfinals)
Woodford got sent to the 8th and Franklin County needed a 4th but then Frankfort Christian appeared. Woodford has to go through Franklin to get to every 8th region school except Anderson. I'm sure Woodford is thrilled but it is really not rational to me. I also find it funny that North and South Laurel are in different districts.
-
Open Job: Montgomery County
Montgomery seems to have resigned to be Clark’s stepchild in pretty much everything. But they shouldn’t try to compare but do their own thing. Clark is bigger and richer. Their gyms are a great example. Montgomery built a great one but Clark built a fabulous one. Tell me I’m wrong.
-
8th Region Draw
I know SK has grown a lot but I still doubt they were ever smaller than Mason but I am not 100%. And I've heard somewhere that "Size Doesn't Matter, Results Matter"!
-
8th Region Draw
Dang you are good! We need someone in the 10th like you (and its not me).
-
8th Region Draw
For many years Scott County was the largest and they were pretty darn good. And Trinity and St X are actually considered 2nd and 3rd in size because they are both all boys. SK is 15th at 1866.
-
8th Region Draw
Certainly not correct. Mason has almost always been 800 more or less. I'm sure SK hasn't been that small maybe ever.
-
10th Region Draw
Mason beat Lexington Catholic in the finals of the AA tournament. When Mason beat Woodford, Mason was also not a full team. Mason was without their best player (6th on the all time scoring list) and 3 bench players for the last several weeks of the season, except I think they had full lineup for the game at Grant, the last game of the year.
-
Bracken County 40 St. Patrick 36 (39th District Championship)
Great to see you but as great as the popcorn is I’m trying to be good.
-
10th Region Draw
I think Mason can compete with Clark. If they will is to be determined and of course they don’t play in the season.
-
Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
I somewhat disagree...its the experience that the players, coaches, cheerleaders, bands and fans create, all of whom sacrifice their time and effort. I'm sorry, but its not all about the players. If and when it becomes so, few will support. Most school activities are widely varied and certainly don't revolve around basketball or any sport. Cheerleading and bands are very competitive in their own right. Kids and parents are busy.
-
Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
Although Mason County didn't have very many home games this year, our fans seem to be full force so far in the tournament. The 39th District had strong fan support for both boys and girls. Bracken and Augusta are always strong no matter the circumstances. Saint Patrick (enrollment 66) even had a good sized student section, 9 cheerleaders + an active Leprechaun and loud crowd for their girls game last night. Augusta had 15 on their boys team, 20 cheerleaders and at least 25 in their pep band--very good for a high school of 85 or so. And I'm probably biased, but I would be surprised if there is a better pep band than Mason County's--if so let hear them.
-
Mason County 43 Bracken County 38 (39th District Semifinals)
Pretty ugly game but wonderful crowd and atmosphere. Bracken is a very good team and plays with passion.
-
2023 Boys' Sweet 16® Bracket
As an attender for many years, 5 days is just too much.
-
Best Regional Tournaments in the State?
The 10th at Mason County is always absolutely awesome and should be great this year. The 10th fan excitement has been diluted over the last years by moving it to Montgomery, Clark (both great gyms) and Covington Holmes (which is a crime). But its only fair and it is what it is.
-
Varsity Basketball Games, School Spirit, Band, and Cheerleaders?
While I mostly agree with everything that has been stated, there are so many options for students these days, which is great. I love high school basketball but not everything revolves around it like it used to. Let’s take what we can get.
-
54th District is now seeded
I’m for seeding but if I were Augusta and Saint Patrick I would never ever vote for it. They are both excellent but very small schools with a combined total of 150 in high school. Give them a break.
-
Oldest High School Gyms still standing in Kentucky
I don’t have a photo but the old Maysville High Gym is rich in history and is one of my favorite gyms. It has been renovated and is frequently used. It is officially the Mason County Lady Royals home court and now the home of Mason County’s up and coming wrestling team. It is perfect for both.
-
Scott County - What happened?
Scott County was the largest school in the state for several years. But GC and SC are still pretty large Comparatively.
-
Mason County 40 Lexington Catholic 39 (2A Championship)
That’s for sure. Mason also played the last game very late on Friday night, but that’s the way tournaments go including the state championship.
-
Mason County 40 Lexington Catholic 39 (2A Championship)
And 3 of them were blowouts. I knew there had to be some excuse.