Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkysportslegend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkysportslegend

  1. They lost to one of the teams on that list last night.
  2. That has nothing to do with the thread, it was about NKY and Simon Kenton is in NKY.
  3. I liked the gym much more this time than I did originally. I also agree that the concessions weren't thought out very well. They are going to have trouble distinguishing between who is going to the concession stand and who is just arriving.
  4. Great win for Boone County. That said, SK blew this game. FT shooting as well as awful defense by the Pioneers killed them. Krohman was on fire and never seemed to have a hand in his face.
  5. Elliott County by at least 30 and maybe a lot more. They'll use the loss as a positive as well as try to score a whole bunch to make up for the hit in PPG taken as a result of the low scoring game against CCH.
  6. The Championship trophy, in Simon Kenton's hallway:D, has the actual number written on it and says that it was the world record for a HS game, just a little piece of info.
  7. Wait, so you agree that he pulled the starters to prove a point but not that he did it even though he knew that it was not the best thing for his team in that game? I didn't say he didn't care about the win, I said what he did in the 2nd half was not about winning or losing, it was proving a point to his team. That if they do not play together and do what he wants, he will sit them down beside him.
  8. That shows that you do not understand that there is more to the game. The coach was proving a point and sat some of his players the entire 4th quarter. Also, read my whole post before commenting, I said that NCC would have won even if SK had played their starters.
  9. I picked them as my preseason favorite to win the 9th, but after watching them play I don't think they are good as I originally anticipated. This isn't a bad loss really, 5 points to Male, so maybe they have started to play better since I saw them.
  10. No doubt about it, but I don't think last night was about winning or losing. There is no way it could have been, because like you said, the starters didn't all play the whole game. Also, even if they had I don't think SK comes away with a win.
  11. I'm not sold on Holmes, I think they will struggle some this year.
  12. NCC sure does have some big boys. They are big all the way up from freshman. How many of those kids play football? I know Geisler does/did, but do all of the younger big kids play too?
  13. It sounds as though there was more to it. It is one thing to play bad, but another to do it as an individual. I'll agree that the entire team played bad, but some played hard and tryed to play together with the team, while others did not.
  14. The Pioneers aren't playing good basketball right now. It is still early in the year and there is plenty of time to right the ship, but right now it looks like that time isn't in the near future. I think in the long run they will be ok, but as for now they aren't looking too good.
  15. As well they should expect to win them. That is the biggest factor, if you believe you can win then anything can happen. I agree with you, they have a very good team.
  16. They did play good team defense, I didn't mean to rain on your parade.
  17. No, they totally outplayed SK.:thumb: I was pointing out some of the things that SK did wrong. I don't remember exactly what all I posted but I'm pretty sure that none of it could really be contributed to their defense. GC played a great game, both offensively and defensively.
  18. SK played awful, all around. I don't understand how you all can actually say that Maegley had a good game. I think this was probably his worst game of the year. He couldn't hold off the defenders and he missed quite a few lay-ups. Some of that could be due to shape as he did look very tired but if thats the case then he needs to tap out because turning the ball over is only hurting his team. Slavey was hot early and that is what got SK going, but after he cooled down he continued to stay out around the 3 point line. Ponzer also started out well but then struggled, especially from the foul line. Layne being back might not be the positive that we thought it would be, he seems to be trying to make up for the lost time this season. As a whole the team played horrible defense and Gallatin never had trouble breaking the press. Also, nobody could stop Maddox, I was very impressed with his game. The best way to look at it if you are SK is the fact that you played very bad and it was still close game with one of the better teams in the region.
  19. I agree with you that some of the WV fans on here constantly talk about how they had to overcome the refs, but in this case the fouls were somethin like 22-5. That is extremely lopsided and can't really be argued against.
  20. Not sure how he has his players play above their potential, but ok? Also, no chance SK plays a zone, they'll be man to man all night in the half court.
  21. I don't think you should be giving anyone advice on looks. But as for the game, I think the Pioneers will come away with the W.
  22. Not bad at all, he has two experienced and very good RB's in front of him. I think the varisty will need Corner's more than LB so we might see him in that position. I still have heard the rumors that he will be leaving but hopefully for SK those are just that, rumors.
  23. I was reading my own post and got confused, but still, he needs to use that big body of his more to his advantage.
  24. I thought SK's defense did a great job taking Mace out of the game as well, but if I'm Dixie I still try to go to him every time. In their defense Mace does need to play stronger, he couldn't successfully post up the smaller SK defenders. A great game though. The Lawson boy hit a huge 3 to put Dixie up late, which I was happy for him because he struggled from outside tonight.
  25. The second game on your list, I think Walton even led in the 4th of that game. The final score ended up like that due to fouling and a late run by the Pioneers. I don't know if you have seen Walton play, but there isn't a player on that team that is afraid to shoot outside, and the majority of them are legitimate threats from beyond the arc as well. I said that I thought SK would win, but if Walton is hitting they can beat this SK team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.