Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 82 Simon Kenton 76 (OT)

Featured Replies

Boone County keeps finding a way to win with McFarland sitting on the bench with a sprained ankle. They were down by 15 in the first half but never stopped fighting, great win for the Rebels.

Way to go Rebels. Good win.:thumb:

I will give Boone their due, but the ref's doing this game should never ever ref another game....they were just terrible. Krohman from Boone can really shoot the basketball.

 

SK was up 15 in the first quarter, then they stopped being aggressive on both ends. As a team, SK misses too many free throws.

  • Author

Your absolutely right they were awful but I would say it was pretty bad both ways, and yes Krohman has really stepped it up this year, he must have put in a lot of work in the offseason.

I will give Boone their due, but the ref's doing this game should never ever ref another game....they were just terrible. Krohman from Boone can really shoot the basketball.

 

SK was up 15 in the first quarter, then they stopped being aggressive on both ends. As a team, SK misses too many free throws.

 

Were the ref's bad for both teams?

This score kind of suprised me! I didn't think at all, that SK would even be in this game. Any stats?

Boone County keeps finding a way to win with McFarland sitting on the bench with a sprained ankle. They were down by 15 in the first half but never stopped fighting, great win for the Rebels.

 

Pretty good considering Boone Co. was missing 2 starters (McFarland, Popp). This shows how deep they are and how much young talent they have coming up.

I thought Flannery made Ryan Ernst eat some crow with his lack of mentioning him in the Friday Enquirer article. Come on Ryan, I know you read BGP are you telling me you have never heard of this kid. Deadeye shooter who seems to be playing very strong as all of the sophomores are this year. Mulcahy had a nice opening piece in the article this morning which I am sure made the kid happy. Boone is the real deal and with McFarland and Popp on the bench, wow it is going to be a heckuva regional.

I thought Flannery made Ryan Ernst eat some crow with his lack of mentioning him in the Friday Enquirer article. Come on Ryan, I know you read BGP are you telling me you have never heard of this kid. Deadeye shooter who seems to be playing very strong as all of the sophomores are this year. Mulcahy had a nice opening piece in the article this morning which I am sure made the kid happy. Boone is the real deal and with McFarland and Popp on the bench, wow it is going to be a heckuva regional.

 

4 of Boone Co. sophs have scored double figures multiple times this year. Earls, Gabbard, Popp, and Flannery have all scored over 20 in a game now. Cotton has also been a good contributor, especially on defense. The ninth region has several good teams this year!

I'm guessing Coach Steiner will have the boys working on FT shooting. 1/8 down the stretch cost them the game.

Pretty good considering Boone Co. was missing 2 starters (McFarland, Popp). This shows how deep they are and how much young talent they have coming up.

 

Maybe I missed something, but I thought I only saw McFarland on the bench in street clothes. Was Popp dressed in uniform?

I'm guessing Coach Steiner will have the boys working on FT shooting. 1/8 down the stretch cost them the game.

 

Free throws have killed SK this entire season.

 

They also struggle with breaking a press.

 

Not to mention SK substitutes way too much especially when their starters are in a rhythm.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought I only saw McFarland on the bench in street clothes. Was Popp dressed in uniform?

 

Popp was not in uniform.

Great win for Boone County. That said, SK blew this game. FT shooting as well as awful defense by the Pioneers killed them. Krohman was on fire and never seemed to have a hand in his face.

SK had the game in the bag, they were on top for 31 minutes and 57 seconds of the game but lost it at the stripe. Boone should be a force once they get McFarland back, they have a nice mix of talent. I really like the ball handling skills of Gabbard, and you have to pay attention to the big kid in the middle, he can also get it done from the stripe. Then to top it off you have some very good shooters, you can't leave them open or they will make you pay. Boone's facility is very nice but they messed up the location of the concessions, it's way too tight in the main hallway if you ask me. I also have a dislike for the baskets, I know I saw two balls from the corner glance off the straps.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.