Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 86 Grant Co 53

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Pretty good game by SK's Slavey, Maegley, and Ponzer.

 

SK's Zach Layne was cleared to play by the doctor, but didn't play tonight. I don't understand why not.

Final.

 

Pretty good game by SK's Slavey, Maegley, and Ponzer.

 

SK's Zach Layne was cleared to play by the doctor, but didn't play tonight. I don't understand why not.

 

I didn't think SK really looked that good for the first 2 1/2 quarters. In fact, they trailed by 4 a minute into the second half by 32-28 and the game was actually tied at 28 at half. They got the ball into Magley the first half but got transition baskets in the second half as the press picked up in its intensity. They certainly did go on a tear from there as the final indicates.

 

Getting cleared to play and being ready play are two differnet things. He didn't look that bad during warm-ups but needs to get back to game strength.

Grant needs to become more consistent. Played decent the 1st half and got very rattled the 2nd half. Hopefully all the young players that Grant is playing will mature.

I haven't seen Sk play yet this year, but it seems like Sk will get another dis.Champ win. Anyone think maybe Walton could upset them this year? I heard it could happen? And Layne seems to be way way ahead of where he suppose to be at the start of the year. I was hearing that he wasn't going to be ready till' late January?

  • Author
I haven't seen Sk play yet this year, but it seems like Sk will get another dis.Champ win. Anyone think maybe Walton could upset them this year? I heard it could happen? And Layne seems to be way way ahead of where he suppose to be at the start of the year. I was hearing that he wasn't going to be ready till' late January?

 

No, Walton will not beat SK this year. Walton has no answer for Maegley. Plus, throw in Layne, Slavey, and Ponzer who will cause match-up problems for Walton.

No, Walton will not beat SK this year. Walton has no answer for Maegley. Plus, throw in Layne, Slavey, and Ponzer who will cause match-up problems for Walton.

 

I'm going to have to disagree. There is a chance, heck Walton almost knocked off SK last year. Anything can happen and if Walton is hitting shots they will be able to stay with SK. Just as you said Walton has nobody to guard Maegley, who will Maegley guard for Walton? They all like to play around the perimeter which will be very difficult for Brandon. Is there a chance? Sure there is, anything can happen, especially in a district rivalry. That said, I still think SK wins the district.

No, Walton will not beat SK this year. Walton has no answer for Maegley. Plus, throw in Layne, Slavey, and Ponzer who will cause match-up problems for Walton.

 

Ponzer against Ponzer is even. jones and Layne are two good shooters and will match well, and Kirk could take slavey or Layne. Maegley is the only problem. I don't see why you think the other players would give Walton a problem. Doesn't look like a big problem to me besides Maegley. IMO:thumb:

  • Author
Ponzer against Ponzer is even. jones and Layne are two good shooters and will match well, and Kirk could take slavey or Layne. Maegley is the only problem. I don't see why you think the other players would give Walton a problem. Doesn't look like a big problem to me besides Maegley. IMO:thumb:

 

IMO: Slavey and Ponzer are the better pair compared to Jones and Ponzer.

Layne is better than Kirk and again, Walton doesn't have anybody to guard Maegley. Again, this is just my opinion.

  • Author
I'm going to have to disagree. There is a chance, heck Walton almost knocked off SK last year. Anything can happen and if Walton is hitting shots they will be able to stay with SK. Just as you said Walton has nobody to guard Maegley, who will Maegley guard for Walton? They all like to play around the perimeter which will be very difficult for Brandon. Is there a chance? Sure there is, anything can happen, especially in a district rivalry. That said, I still think SK wins the district.

 

Where did Walton all most beat SK last year. The final scores were 77-51, 63-51, and 65-45. I only saw two of these games, but it sure looks like blowouts in two of them and double digits in the other one.

 

Just because all five players from Walton play on the perimeter, doesn't mean all five can score from there. This will enable Maegley to stay in the paint on defense.

Where did Walton all most beat SK last year. The final scores were 77-51, 63-51, and 65-45. I only saw two of these games, but it sure looks like blowouts in two of them and double digits in the other one.

 

Just because all five players from Walton play on the perimeter, doesn't mean all five can score from there. This will enable Maegley to stay in the paint on defense.

 

The second game on your list, I think Walton even led in the 4th of that game. The final score ended up like that due to fouling and a late run by the Pioneers.

 

I don't know if you have seen Walton play, but there isn't a player on that team that is afraid to shoot outside, and the majority of them are legitimate threats from beyond the arc as well.

 

I said that I thought SK would win, but if Walton is hitting they can beat this SK team.

IMO: Slavey and Ponzer are the better pair compared to Jones and Ponzer.

Layne is better than Kirk and again, Walton doesn't have anybody to guard Maegley. Again, this is just my opinion.

 

IMHO, Jones and Ponzer are better than Slavey and Ponzer. Layne is better than Kirk, and Walton doesn't have anyone to guard Maegley, although if they run the floor, he might still be on the other end. Just my opinion.

  • Author
IMHO, Jones and Ponzer are better than Slavey and Ponzer. Layne is better than Kirk, and Walton doesn't have anyone to guard Maegley, although if they run the floor, he might still be on the other end. Just my opinion.

 

I can agree with your assessment except for the bold type above. Nate Ponzer and Peyton Ponzer can be called a possible even draw, but Slavey is better than Jones because Slavey handles the ball better, is quicker, more athletic, and shoots as well or better than Jones.

In this game the Ponzers will not guard each other that would be trouble. Slavey is a better ball handler then Jones but not a better shooter I would be hard pressed to say there is a better shooter in the region then Jones, it is what he does and has been. No inside game for Walton this year so Magley will have a big game, but all of Walton's players this year are threats to shoot from the outside they run a five guard offense. It could give SK problems but we will see.

In this game the Ponzers will not guard each other that would be trouble. Slavey is a better ball handler then Jones but not a better shooter I would be hard pressed to say there is a better shooter in the region then Jones, it is what he does and has been. No inside game for Walton this year so Magley will have a big game, but all of Walton's players this year are threats to shoot from the outside they run a five guard offense. It could give SK problems but we will see.

He is a nice high school player but i don't understand the talk about him being such a great shooter. He is certainly a streaky shooter from what i've seen. When he's hot..he's hot, but when he's not....As far as a SK/WV, WV would have to play extremely well to compete with SK.

As far as a SK/WV, WV would have to play extremely well to compete with SK.

 

That's a fair evaluation. But you know on any given night, anything can happen. That's why we play the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.