Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)
FC will need a Cindarella Man, "Jimmy Braddock" type perfomance to even give this monster of a team (Holmes) a game.
-
Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)
That is a stout statistic!!!!! With two others shooting 50% as well it is no wonder Homes is the scariest team in the state. It will be interesting to see the comparison between Jamesville- Dewitt and Holmes as JD had a 6' 9" freshman that looked and played like a college freshman and a 6' 3" guard that was quick on quick and shot about 80% from three against FC scoring 29 points. All three on JD are D1's IMO. Of course Holmes is loaded with D1's as well. Again it will be an extremely difficult test for FC especially with out two of their top six. Hopefully FC will give maximum effort and will come out of this game with experience that will help them in the second half of their schedule. Maybe they won't be so beat up that they can come back Saturday and get a win against Dixie Hieghts.
-
Henry Clay 70 Dunbar 57
I believe the deal on the Shelby Valley game was that: 1) It was a long ride to Pike Co from Lexington 2) It was the first time those kids had been that deep in the Appalachian Mountains. They were way outside their comfort zone. I think that was part of the reason for the huge differential. The other was a very good Shelby Valley team.
-
Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)
I know Triche is 6'4"-6'5" as I was very close to the floor watching him play. I also learned that the ESPN profile is outdated as Triche supposedly had an ACL injury his junior year that he had to come back from. With regard to conditioning, ESPN is off the mark. The kid is a specimen and plays very good defense. He is as explosive a player as I have seen live in high school basketball in the last two years and yes I attended the sweet 16 last year. The other thing the kid had was unbelievable body control. His high school is very close to Syracuse. My guess is Jimmy Behiem was on him early and often.
-
New (January 14) BGP Rankings
I respectfully disagree with you that MC is borderline top 20. They have beaten Jtown, and Clark County. Don't ever count out the team that has the best coach in the 11th region. He has talent, but may be the best at getting the most out of what he's got.
-
Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)
Wonder how R Johnson would compare to Brandon Triche from Jamesville-DeWitt NY. Triche has already signed with Syracuse and some say may have a good chance to start next season as a freshman.
-
Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)
Hicks will be out as well as Big Oakly Watkins (6th man). Not having Hicks hurts because he is a lockdown defender and would probably be matched up with Riley. If I recall correctly Hicks did not play against Holmes last season. In any event I think this is a david vs goliath matchup. FC has to stay out of foul trouble to remotely have a chance, and they must do better limiting turnovers to keep it close.
-
Scott County @ Bryan Station (1/16)
I agree with you 007. Scott County should win the 11th and the state with all the talent that has transfered in the last two years. It is and should be a realistic expectation.
-
Franklin County 68 Shelby County 64
Are you talking about my man Jimmy Braddock? Never thought about it, but I think there is a parallel.
-
Franklin County 68 Shelby County 64
Donavon Johnson for SC is a very good player. I'm guessing 6'4" to 6'5". Very athletic. As good as many of the top players in the state that get big time PR. Also, watch out for 8th grader Darrell Hicks (cousin of Deron Hicks of FC). This kid is long and athletic (about 6'3"), starting as an 8th grader. Overheard former Shelby County Coach Mason advising Hicks to work on 70% fundamentals and 30% playing games in the off season. If he follows this advice he is a name we will be hearing alot about in future years.
-
Bryan Station 80 Dunbar 61
He is a great kid and a very good ball player. First saw him play when he was in 4th grade. He was a player then, and is a player now. Also alot of fun to watch, unless he's playing your team.
-
Franklin County 68 Shelby County 64
Come on Dawg, be nice. We know Holmes is the premier team in the state. I don't care what happens, I'll be at Hooters on the river after the game, and I'm counting on Eta to join a few of us fans of the weak middle sister of the 11th region. FC will play Dixie Hieghts on Saturday. I plan on having fun in NKY this weekend regardless!!!!
-
Franklin County 68 Shelby County 64
That's what I call board work!!!!
-
Mason County 95 Pendleton County 63
Mason is rolling!!!!
-
Bryan Station 80 Dunbar 61
But wait, how did Rick Bolus miss this Kid? He's not amoung the top rated seniors in the state. Is he that big a sleeper?:sssh:
-
Highlands 51 Boone County 37
Didn't Highlands defeat Mason Co. earlier this season? It seems most wrote that off as a fluke, or the fact that Mason Co. is down. Mason Co. is a good team and will be in the thick of the 10th region hunt. I don't know about anyone else, but that early season win told me something about Highlands.
-
Cantrall's New Ratings 1/12/09
Thanks, I look forward to making the trip.
-
Cantrall's New Ratings 1/12/09
Eta, I will be making the trip. FC will be short handed (missing two key players) for the Holmes game Friday as well as the Dixie Hieghts game Sat. It will be a big time test for FC. Plan on staying overnight Friday, and for sure will be looking for wings and a cold refreshment after the Holmes game. Hooters on the river might be the spot.
-
Is there a tougher region than the 11th?
I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. Of course, one of the other teams have to win region first. The next thing to look at would be the random draw. Depending on the draw anything can happen. Also it would depend on what your definition of "a run" is. Is a run, making the final four, the final two, or winning it all?
-
Cantrall's New Ratings 1/12/09
Did anyone ever consider that it might be wasted energy to worry about rankings? I think maybe I have after having been overly critical of the BGP rankings (a mistake I don't plan on making again). What does it really matter? Rankings don't win ball games, and as a matter of fact because one team is ranked above another doesn't mean the underdog has no chance. I think I'll just sit back and try to enjoy the season. BTW Eta, I do think that Holmes deserves the #1 ranking. With Pittman and Co. they are probably the most difficult team for anyone to match up with.
-
Franklin County vs. Shelby County (1/13)
As far as I know.
-
Madison Central 69 Jeffersontown 68 (OT)
As I've said before, they arguably have the best coach in the 11th, so with that being the case I believe that it is a rare occassion that Feldhouse does not have his team mentally prepared for a game.
-
Franklin County vs. Shelby County (1/13)
First of 5 straight road games for FC. Two of which they will be w/o two of their top six players, as they will be playing in the KY/TN Border Bowl. Shelby Co is a rivalry game for FC. At Shelby County means you will be playing in front of a tuff Shelby Co. student section. They usually support their team very well. FC will have to bring defensive intensity to win this one.
-
Scott County 71 Mason County 64
Amen brother!!!!
-
Elliott County 76 Anderson County 72 (OT)
Might that be called "running an offense"?