Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Cov. Holmes
    • Franklin County

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is tomorrow night at Holmes...7:30.

I think it will be tough for the Flyers to come up to Covington and knock off Holmes without two starters. It would be tough WITH those starters.

I see FC keeping it close for a half with the inside out play of Meyer/Donovan but Holmes athleticism and size will be too much for the Flyers to overcome in the second half.

Holmes beat them by 20 last year at FC, but I see it being a little closer this year.

Holmes 64

Franklin Co 49

Yes the game is in Covington. I believe if the Flyers handle the pressure and take care of the ball along with the steady defense they have been playing all year then they have a great shot at pulling this one off.

Who will be the starting 5 for FC with I believe Hall and Hicks not playing? Or is it the big boy (can't think of his name) that will be out?

Hall will play. It is Watkins (the big boy) that won't play as well as Hicks. They are both playing in the Border Bowl. It will be Hall, Meyer, Donovan, Conner, and most likely #4 Jennels to replace Hicks.

With that lineup, I'd expect to see these match ups:

6'0 Riley v 6'0 Jennels

6'2 D. Johnson v 6'3 Hall

6'4 J. Johnson v 6'3 Meyer

6'5 R. Johnson v 6'6 Conner

6'7 Pittman v 6'8 Donovan

I think Holmes athleticism might give that lineup some problems.

With that lineup, I'd expect to see these match ups:

6'0 Riley v 6'0 Jennels

6'2 D. Johnson v 6'3 Hall

6'4 J. Johnson v 6'3 Meyer

6'5 R. Johnson v 6'6 Conner

6'7 Pittman v 6'8 Donovan

I think Holmes athleticism might give that lineup some problems.

I'd say that would be right for Holmes but Meyer would possibly be on Rico Johnson.

I'd say that would be right for Holmes but Meyer would possibly be on Rico Johnson.

Probably right. J. Johnson guarded the 4 for CCH last night as well and R. Johnson was matched up against the 3 all night.

Meyer might have trouble with Rico's size though.

Hicks will be out as well as Big Oakly Watkins (6th man). Not having Hicks hurts because he is a lockdown defender and would probably be matched up with Riley. If I recall correctly Hicks did not play against Holmes last season.

In any event I think this is a david vs goliath matchup. FC has to stay out of foul trouble to remotely have a chance, and they must do better limiting turnovers to keep it close.

Probably right. J. Johnson guarded the 4 for CCH last night as well and R. Johnson was matched up against the 3 all night.

Meyer might have trouble with Rico's size though.

Yes Rico's size and athleticism together makes him a deadly defender. I do not know if he is a better defender than Arrez Henderson, and I cannot imagine him being better than him on defense. That is who guarded Meyer last year.