Covington Holmes vs. Franklin County (1/16)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Cov. Holmes
    • Franklin County

That is a stout statistic!!!!! With two others shooting 50% as well it is no wonder Homes is the scariest team in the state.

It will be interesting to see the comparison between Jamesville- Dewitt and Holmes as JD had a 6' 9" freshman that looked and played like a college freshman and a 6' 3" guard that was quick on quick and shot about 80% from three against FC scoring 29 points. All three on JD are D1's IMO.

Of course Holmes is loaded with D1's as well.

Again it will be an extremely difficult test for FC especially with out two of their top six. Hopefully FC will give maximum effort and will come out of this game with experience that will help them in the second half of their schedule.

Maybe they won't be so beat up that they can come back Saturday and get a win against Dixie Hieghts.

I knew you would not tlet that one go Eta. Holmes has 3 maybe 4 guys who would be superstars if they were option one on there team.

Edited by ppawedwards
spelling qr to wrong message

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a stout statistic!!!!! With two others shooting 50% as well it is no wonder Homes is the scariest team in the state.

Heading in to the Covcath game Wednesday night, the following players were shooting 50% or better:

J. Johnson 60%

Pittman 55%

Riley 50% (51% from 3 pt land)

It will be interesting to see the comparison between Jamesville- Dewitt and Holmes as JD had a 6' 9" freshman that looked and played like a college freshman and a 6' 3" guard that was quick on quick and shot about 80% from three against FC scoring 29 points. All three on JD are D1's IMO.

Of course Holmes is loaded with D1's as well.

Again it will be an extremely difficult test for FC especially with out two of their top six. Hopefully FC will give maximum effort and will come out of this game with experience that will help them in the second half of their schedule.

Maybe they won't be so beat up that they can come back Saturday and get a win against Dixie Hieghts.

I think it'll be a close game throughout. Meyer, Donovan, and Hall are all three good enough to keep it a game and will keep FC in it throughout. I don't see Holmes pulling away until around the middle of the 4th quarter. It will be a great experience for both teams though, as each team plays a different style that they aren't used to seeing night in and night out. Only way I see it turning in to a blow out for Holmes is if they can get FC in foul trouble.

As far as the game Sat night against Dixie, FC should dominate to be honest. See you tonight.

Wow...that's a pretty bold statement. NO ONE? How many times have you seen Holmes?

Holmes has 3 starters shooting 50% or better and Riley is shooting 50% from both the field and 3 pt land.

I'd say Riley, Pittman, or Ricardo would be just as big of scoring threats as Triche.

I have seen them probably 5 or 6 times and I'll stick with my statement. These kids for Holmes have weaknesses that Triche doesn't. Riley lacks the size, Pittman lacks the strength (mental strength too), and Ricardo lacks the outside shot. Triche has all of these. This isn't a knock on Holmes' players because they are great offensive players but none of them are close to the offensive beast Triche is.

I have seen them probably 5 or 6 times and I'll stick with my statement. These kids for Holmes have weaknesses that Triche doesn't. Riley lacks the size, Pittman lacks the strength (mental strength too), and Ricardo lacks the outside shot. Triche has all of these. This isn't a knock on Holmes' players because they are great offensive players but none of them are close to the offensive beast Triche is.

Considering Riley dropped 20 on SC with a bigger defender on him the whole game (6'3 Guyn who's a D1 prospect), the size comment has little merit.

Pittman lacks strength? You do realize he dominated both Phares and Euton who are bigger/stronger players, right? One college scout made this comment about Pittman: "He doesn't just have a D1 type body, he has an "NBA frame"...6'7-and not growing yet-with a 7 foot wingspan..." During the stretch where Holmes played Scott Co, Knox Central, Ballard, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Oldham Co, Conner, and Henderson Co this season he was 50-74 and averaging 24 PPG. I'll take Pittman over Triche.

Ricardo is shooting 40% from behind the arc. Considering he's a 6'5 wing, I wouldn't exactly call that lacking an outside shot.

I'd say Ricardo and Triche are very similar with Ricardo being the better defender, but IMO no way Pittman isn't above him. Pittman is bigger, stronger, and can probably play more positions on the floor. Pittman is a lot stronger than some give him credit for because he was so lanky last year. He's put on 25 lbs of solid muscle since last year.

FC will need a Cindarella Man, "Jimmy Braddock" type perfomance to even give this monster of a team (Holmes) a game.

Come on now FOT11. You and I both know FC is very capable of knocking Holmes off if they play well.

I just had to make a point to TSC that the Holmes players were better than he was giving them credit for.

Like I said in an earlier post, this will be a great experience for both teams, with the game being close throughout.

I looked up Brandon Triche, and appears he is an excellent shooter, and he is ranked in the top 200 in the class of 2009 according to espn. He has no where near the athleticism Rico has, also Rico is taller and longer. They also said he is an average defender and could condidtion his body more. Rico is Holmes best defender. Here is the link to Triche's profile on espn.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=42895&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d42895

That's a bold statement. I'm honestly laughing out loud. You read something about Triche, but have never seen him play. He has the best body control of any player I've ever seen. He is very strong and he might START for a top 15 team in the country next year. Can you really say he is nowhere near as athletic as Johnson?

I can't compare R. Johnson to someone I haven't seen play, but I will tell you this. If you have never seen R. Johnson play you are in for a treat. The kid is the real deal make no mistake about it. He can do it all. For 6'5 his first step is crazy fast, you give the kid one step and he will take it and dunk. He is the most explosive player off the dribble I've ever seen for Holmes. As for Pittman it seems for some reason people are starting to question his strength, and toughness[that's funny}:lol:.This is not the same Holmes team some seen at RUPP last year. They are all bigger, stronger, and faster. Pittman has become a monster and his upside is unlimited. I think FC can compete with Holmes. I don't think they will beat Holmes at Holmes. Once again Pittman lacking strength where did this come from. I haven't seen or heard of anybody pushing him around.

Considering Riley dropped 20 on SC with a bigger defender on him the whole game (6'3 Guyn who's a D1 prospect), the size comment has little merit.

Pittman lacks strength? You do realize he dominated both Phares and Euton who are bigger/stronger players, right? One college scout made this comment about Pittman: "He doesn't just have a D1 type body, he has an "NBA frame"...6'7-and not growing yet-with a 7 foot wingspan..." During the stretch where Holmes played Scott Co, Knox Central, Ballard, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Oldham Co, Conner, and Henderson Co this season he was 50-74 and averaging 24 PPG. I'll take Pittman over Triche.

Ricardo is shooting 40% from behind the arc. Considering he's a 6'5 wing, I wouldn't exactly call that lacking an outside shot.

I'd say Ricardo and Triche are very similar with Ricardo being the better defender, but IMO no way Pittman isn't above him. Pittman is bigger, stronger, and can probably play more positions on the floor. Pittman is a lot stronger than some give him credit for because he was so lanky last year. He's put on 25 lbs of solid muscle since last year.

Have you even seen Triche play before? Not saying one is better than the other becuase I have never seen him play. I would think you would want to watch both players play though before picking who is better.

Have you even seen Triche play before? Not saying one is better than the other becuase I have never seen him play. I would think you would want to watch both players play though before picking who is better.

Before making that post I talked to several who have seen BOTH play and also had several highlights of him sent to me through a few emails so I could check him out. Triche is a player, don't get me wrong, he looked very impressive in the highlights that I saw of him, I just think Pittman's size, athleticism, and strength make him much tougher to defend than Triche.

That's a bold statement. I'm honestly laughing out loud. You read something about Triche, but have never seen him play. He has the best body control of any player I've ever seen. He is very strong and he might START for a top 15 team in the country next year. Can you really say he is nowhere near as athletic as Johnson?

Did you watch the highlight video? It showed him laying the ball in on a fastbreak, where Rico, Ellijah, and JJ would throw it down, also the scouts for espn said he needed to work on his conditioning. Have you seen them 3 play? If not you will see tonight if you go to the game!