Everything posted by Devilologists
-
What was the biggest win for your team this year?
Dang Skippy ya'll...... This was a great game for our kids.
-
BluegrassPreps.com/Kentucky News Network Player of the week!
Russell Red Devils defense who held Belfry to 136 yards rushing and held the 2 time AA state champions to 199 total yards. While the offense gained a total of 338 yards. Defense did fantastic holding last weeks winner Matt Maynard to 89 yards, May to 39 yards and Chapman to 16 yards. Go Devils defense. Thay should be recognized. Thanks and keep up the good work.
-
Owensboro Catholic Vs. Russell - 2A Title Game - New Thread
That cheer is from our cheerleaders, Yes it is the exact cheer they do at all football games. I have heard it every week this year.Everyone will get to hear it this Saturday. I have the blessing to be seated in front of them sometimes. My friends daughter is a cheerleader so I get to here it all the time.
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
Saw the roster on KHSAA today for the Aces, Good looking team size to me. 300 + on tackles. backs are good sized also. HEY are you guys trying to pull our legs........OOHHH dag nabbit, you guys, you almost got us, gollie geee now we almost took you word about them Aces not having any size, speed or playing ability. NOT - but good posting guys great for the game. Gosh I love this stuff!!.....
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
We come from Russell and we are proud We are not quiet, we are loud ,loud..loud We come from Russell and we're the best Cause we are better than all the rest.. We are the Devils !!!!!!!! Just a cheer to brighten your day, it was this or ICE CREAM and CAKE & CAKE.......
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
one thing you will notice when you watch the Devils is that the big guys- Mell, Shafer are not BIG. They are solid and yet have great speed for lineman wqe do give up size to alot of teams BUT not strength. I think our kids have the total package when it comes to size. Of course we would love to have some 6'9" 4.40 40 runners or lineman. Hey have you seen any who dont have plans for Saturday ????? Joking- I think our boys are the best of both packages all rolled up into one. Onr thing to remember about the offense. Take the guards and put running back jerseys on them and they are backs. Take the backs and put lineman jerseys on them and watch them knock the living stuffing out of you. Our kids hit and they hit hard.... Alot of points in here but I feel that they are all true. Hey Devils58 correct me if I am wrong. I will use you as a sounding board because I know you know football and even if you are a Devils fan you can keep us iincheck with reality. I thank you for that and it is a pleasure to know you Next .....
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
if we are away i hope that we wear the maroon pants with the white jersey. That looks really nice and the kids love that uni.....
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
We shut down and beat the #1 passer when we played Fleming, We shut down the gigantic offensive line of Mercer. Last year we were beat by a better Belfry team. our team wasso good last year our starters did not play a full game until Belfry. IT SHOWED...... This year we have played 4 games to the end and our boys did not give up, did tire but pulled it together. I will go out on a limb and say this. This game will and should be a dandy and the best of the weekend. You cant match them up. they are 2 different teams. we have showed we could play the pass and the run. Man I can not wait til Friday. Just to get in the groove of the game again. HEY ARE WE HOME OR AWAY THIS YEAR ?????
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
I agree with the talent factor of other teams. Mercer's line was huge, They had kids that were 6'5" and around 320. The other kids were all around 290 to 330. They were huge. Devils were faster and even thou they were not as big, we blew them off the ball. As far as running the ball, every one of the backs have the ability to break big runs, Our fullback has broken HUGE runs righ up the middle. Focus on one back and the other 3 will burn you. Put 2-3 kids on a read for a back and that will open the other one. I am not saying that Russell will absolutely dominate the Aces for the entire game. The Devils will run the ball and control the clock. We will make you substitute on defense or we will wear you out. Granted haveing 2 seperate teams to play both sides is a gift. We dont have that. We play some sophomore already on the starting team. And to be honest we do not have a Senior stacked team.
-
Who is going to the State Finals?
I will be going down Friday and watching the AAAA game with my brother who also lives inthe Ville. I will then cheer my Devils on saturday and watch all three games.
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
I cant see OC running 80 plays a game against Russell, Russell controls the ball toomuch and I dont care what type of no huddle offense they run I dont see it. Well if you run 3 and out 26 possesions that might give you 80 plays. I can see that happening if we played all day. Really I dont see OC running that many plays.
-
Pond Creek Nation
Speaking of next year who comes back from Belfry. We have some real winners coming back I think people would be surprised.
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
Just waiting for Saturday- We can play against the pass, Yes we beat Fritz, We can play against the run- Balfry. No I have not seen O Cath this year but UI was at the Championship game last year and O Cath was impressive. If they are better than last year, we have alot of game to get ready for. Good luck O Cath. Have a great game. Lets go Devils !!!!
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
After review I made a mistake, I was wrong and I admit it. Tommy was short but from where we were it looked good. Sorry for the complaining. Thanks for the other view 58- it always helps to have a different view on the situation. Like I said I was wrong. Thanks again.
-
Class 2A Final: Owensboro Catholic/Russell discussion
Not to whine about bad calls but even the Belfry announcers on their radio station were questioning calls. The score reflects a Russell win but not the way they won. You should look at another 14 points to be added to the score for the Devils. Yea I know that you are not suppose to gripe about the calls but the calls were absolutely atrotious. I am happy that we won but dont be surprised if Russell wins the state. They play tough ball.
-
Who were some of the best freshmen running backs in your area?
I will gladly post on this- Drew Abrams great back on the Russell Red Devils freshman team, cut and slew Ashland this year in the Kiwanis Bowl. ALSO___ Russell will be getting a great back who might even QB next year as a sophomore. AJ Cordle is moving back home from Columbus. His Mom and Dad have not missed a game at Russell since AJ's season ended in Columbus. This kid is fast and from what I hear runs a 4.6 or 4.7 as freshman. His Dad played at Russell in 82 and 83 on the regional championship teams and they are moving back home on Christmas break. He will be welcomed home. Drew and AJ will be some of the Devils to watch next year. Just reloading again.
-
Top Recievers in 2A
So is Kasey Clark and he too is a junior. OH MY GOSH 2 receivers from a power running school. who would have thunk'it. Hard to say that Russell has great receivers, but i will say that we pass only enough to beat you when you stack the box. Yea Kasey and Jacob are great receivers, they will be a force next year for another loaded Russell team next year. Yea I said loaded. People will be surprised at the talent coming back.
-
Belfry / Russell predictions
Looking at the clock screeeeeeeming. lets go Devils !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Will Belfry win another State Title ???
Today is the day of greatness. Picking up tickets, eating chili and grilled cheese, watching the Devils BEAT the Pirates and then watching people react Like OH MY GOSH, That Russell team was highly underated. They are the best thing going. And for us who know to say- Yea, We knew. Anyway, hope everyone has a great trip in and enjoy yhe food at the middle school from 5-7. Good game tonight Pirates. Just getting ready.
-
Will Belfry win another State Title ???
Morning FBall, ready for the game?????
-
Will Belfry win another State Title ???
The factor for this year is compared to last years Belfry game. Our starters did not play an entire game last year until they played Belfry. They were not use to playing all game. This year it has been a great learning experience for our boys. They have had to play longer in the games. Yes I do feel that we have played a tougher schedule this year. our kids have had to pull from behind in the Newport game. They did what they needed to do. Yes it was a close game and Newport was a GOOD team. Other teams have scored on us late in the game. But we have scored almost 100 poionts in the 4th quarter. Just building for next year. Russell still favored at home in our stadium. Not talking smack or dreaming. I think we will win.
-
Belfry / Russell predictions
Russell wins, RUSSELL WINS by 14. pick it 14-0 or 28-14, but by 14.
-
Ashland football fans
Chili and grilled cheese at the Russell middle school from 5-7 on Friday. I think it is 5 dollars. Good foor and the best of high school football still going. Would be a good time to come out and see which team will win the state this year. Russell or Belfry. It will be one or the other.
-
Russell 34 Newport 33 (OT)
I found the broadcast of the game on line and then lost the pasge, anyone know where to get it back from. The broadcast was from Newport side but you could hear the 107 guy screaming in the back ground like a little girl. Cant stand to listen our game son Radio anymore. ANYWAY. Does anyone know where the linkis to the last broadcast of the game????????
-
Belfry / Russell predictions
I have seen the Belfry/Ironton game and I was not impressed with Belfry. Ironton was not as strong this year as they have been, and yet they beat Belfry. Running and gaining 7 yards a carry off tackle. Belfry lost the ball inthis game and it paid off for the Tigers. Dont tell me that fumbles do not change the game. We had 2 last year that were the turning point inthe game and you have to be crazy not to admit it. Lost 7 going in, lost 7 on the return. Belfry scored 7 off each. 28 point turn around, not to mention momentum. Clark is doing a good job this year and so are all the backs. Passin game is THERE, 4 different backs to keep up with let alone the receivers now. We are not a one dimensional team that Belfry played lst year. Gross has moved on to bigger things in life and he is a great kid. Now you dont know where it is going to come from. You look at Kasey with 38 TD;s and say well he is half the scoring for Russell this year they are one dimensional. WRONG- He has scored so many times because he has flat knocked out defensive players on his way to the endzone. And if you think Kasey is the hardest hitter you have not been hit by the QB Tommy Brown.(Best hit I have seen). Of course we can talk smack all day long but it comes down to FRIDAY. We talk but the kids play. We make excuses and the kids play. We do nothing but dream about football and our kids play. Every parent thinks their kid is the best and still they all play. For the fans of football who brag about 2 state championships back to back- congrats- your KIDS played great football. For the FANS who dream of being able to obtain the state title ring this year- hope that the KIDS play THEIR hearts out. THey Deserve it.