Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Captain W F Call

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Captain W F Call

  1. I have to purchase some new bats for my district tourney. What are the best bats for the money on the market?
  2. One of the biggest upsets I've been involved in was Hancock County over Owensboro Catholic in 98. Hancock was a 3 seed, Catholic was a 1 and a state runner up the year before. The game was played at Rash Stadium in one of the best high school football atmospheres around and had a finish for the ages. Travis Atwell made big play after big play, and Hancock finally sealed it with a goal line stand at the end. Great game. "You want me to take you back to Texas? We just got to Montana."
  3. Powell County had a 33 game losing streak in the mid-90's. "I reckon you set up all night readin' the Good Book."
  4. The coach you are speaking of was at Sequatchie County. It is near Chattanooga. Go here CoachT,com to check out their record. "Tend to your biscuits."
  5. Tom Posey was once the coach at Powell County High School. During his time there, the Pirates snapped a 33 game losing streak and made the playoffs for the first time in school history. His best season was 5-5 (I think), which was quite an accomplishment given the state of the program. For several years now he has been coaching one of theose All Star teams that travels to Australia to play. I'm pretty sure they won the tournament recently. Lewis would do well to hire Posey. He is a man of great character and is an excellent coach. The main thing they will have to do to be successful is allow him to get quality assistants and give him enough support. If he applies he should be a finalist for the job. "Tend to your biscuits."
  6. What is his coaching experience? "Newt, you better saddle your pony up too, I reckon."
  7. What is Barnes' record at Daviess and how well has he done in the playoffs? I have also heard that they had spoken to someone (an assistant) from a top program in Tennessee. Is there any truth to this? "Tend to your biscuits."
  8. Who is going to be Caldwell's next Head Coach?
  9. I've been in Tennessee for about 6 years. I don't think I know Coach Wood, but his name sounds familiar. Were is he from and were all has he coached? Thanks in advance. "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."
  10. This is another example of school systems leaving extra-curricular activities out to dry. School administrators in alot of systems only worry about the bottom line, not education. What alot of administrators fail to see is how good extra-curricular programs supplement and enhance the basic educational plan. Having good programs encourages students to participate. In order to participate they must make the grades, plus they have additional staff monitoring their academic progress and mentoring them. That in itself will improve school academics. Another positive impact of good extra-curricular programs is raised morale. The students who participate feel involved and important and therefore have school pride, which leads to better classroom performance. Even those who don't participate have something to brag about. I have worked in an alternative school setting and I can't count the times I heard some of my students put down their own school because the sports teams were horrible. Maybe a few of those kids could have avoided alternative school if they had a good program to be involved in. It is no coincidence that schools with good extra-curricular programs have good academics. Look at schools like Ft. Thomas and others like them. They are competitive at almost everything and are one of the highest rated academic schools around. I live in East Tennessee and the same is true here. Maryville and Oak Ridge have super sports teams and other programs and are ranked nationally every year for academics. Administrators need to open up their eyes and quit short changing their students. Until then, I'm afraid that many young people in public schools will only be getting half of an education. "Texas. You want me to haul you back to Texas. We just got to Montana."
  11. Another East Tennessee power, Oak Ridge, plays for the 5A championship today. 3 of the 5 Gold Balls should come back to East Tennessee. The football in this area is pretty good. I would love to see how some of these squads would compete with the best Kentucky schools. "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."
  12. Great contest. Congrats to AverageJoesGym. I'm sure we'll enjoy our brand new Corvettes. :lol: "It ain't against the law for you to work, Augustus."
  13. 1A Newport Central Catholic 2A Owensboro Catholic 3A Bowling Green 4A St. Xavier "Tend to your biscuits."
  14. 1A Mayfield 2A Belfry 3A Lexington Catholic 4A Trinity "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."
  15. I think maybe last week's victory has shaken the stranglehold Northern Kentucky has on this region. LCA's players now know that they can play with the big boys. NCC is solid and well coached. This one will be an old-fashioned knock down drag out. LCA wins with a couple of big plays: 31-24. "Tend to your biscuits."
  16. 1A Metcalfe County 2A Russell 3A Bell County 4A Warren Central

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.