Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. Assistant Coach Jerry Combs should and will be the next head coach at Clay County. There's something to say about paying dues..Combs is paid in full and should get his shot.
  2. Maybe it had something to do with getting closer to home and family Jim. Every county has their "Critics Corner" as it's called in Clay County. I'll give Kevin a little more credit than you in saying that it would take more than a few old critics to make him leave. I would be willing to bet "a Sweet 16-winning coach and his entourage questioning every single move he makes" had very little to do with it. I didn't know him all that well, but I did know him well enough to say he easily ignored most of the critics. IMO if fans are not watching very closely and questioning things, you're not coaching in a community that's really hungry to win championships.
  3. Oh well then! If you and Wright say it's not a good draw then it must be true. How anyone would dare to disagree is beyond me.:puke:
  4. Woodford County was out coached in that game last year.
  5. What kind of accident caused the cannon to be decommissioned?
  6. Why will Clay be down? Thought they played a bunch of young guys last year. Plus, Hooker will be back.:idunno:
  7. The stink Bubba, that's what will blow my cover, and I'm sure Les will catch a whiff of the stench.
  8. I still think he should buy them a steak.:thumb: I will be there Les but you will not see me. You may smell me or feel my presence...You will NOT see me.:scared:
  9. Why applaud a guy for doing what he's supposed to do? I think he should buy the referee crew a steak dinner. Step up Steve and go the extra mile.
  10. How on earth can they worry about all those things you listed, be "shallow and weak", call it because they think it pleases someone, worry too much about make up calls instead of calling the game fair and still worry about ratings? Your first post isn't making any sense to me.
  11. Exactly Breeze, he wanted to be tossed. It didn't make a difference which official it was or what the call was, it was obvious he wanted just what he got.
  12. That could change this year Les...Much to your dismay.
  13. Did he touch the rim? Oh what's the use. Clay just wins by three then. Get over it Les, Clay beat them fair and square.
  14. Could it have been Basket Interference? The question boils down to whether or not the player touched the rim. If he did, it was a good call. If he didn't, the ref missed the call, but in his defense, it did look like the player could have touched the rim while the ball was in the goal. The best result for South that came from the call...Wright went to the locker room. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. So...If Clay shoots 50% from the free throw line in the second half, they win by around 14. St. John was not going to be a win/lose factor.
  15. Here's what I saw. The ball was half way through the goal when a South player's hands reached into the goal. I'm not 100% sure that he touched the rim or the ball, but his hands DID go into the goal along with the ball. Is this goaltending?
  16. For three and a half quarters Clay give a VERY good Trinity team all they wanted. The Tigers are playing pretty dadburn good right now.
  17. I thought he should have been T'd up when St. John was injured. Wright kept riding the officials as if were their fault St. John came down on someones foot. There was absolutely no foul on the play but he just kept on and on and on over the play as if he were blaming the officials for the injury. If wright had put as much energy towards coaching his team as he did wasting his time riding the officials he would have been much better off. On second thought, Sizemore done a much better job than Wright was doing. The whole fiasco may have been South's only chance at winning. He most definitely deserved to be tossed.
  18. I find it funny that people can read a few posts on BGP and seem to know everything that went on between a community and a coach/team. Don't forget, MOST of the negative posts on this or any other site are from disgruntled parents, coaches or players and there shouldn't be much taken from them. With me being a pig from Clay County, I can tell you guys this. One bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. Add about 4 more bad apples and the barrel will spoil much faster. Every county has their group of apples that will spoil or cry the loudest if the head apple don't comply...You know, put all the apples where they think they should be, or maybe he don't rub and buff the right apples. Understand? I'll go out on a limb and say that I know of a few counties where (add the greatest coach you know of here) couldn't align his apples well enough to satisfy the spoilers. Aaron Stepp is by no means perfect, but he is by all means a good football coach. Please excuse the apple analogies, I'm trying to keep from getting edited.
  19. I also agree. I replayed it several times and used the pause button trying to determine if both feet were in bounds. It looks to me like the left foot was in bounds when he caught the ball. The referee did not have replay/pause to use and it was a bang-bang play. I think he made the wrong call. I think he noticed the player out of bounds and cocked his whistle. Tough call to make, but he did have the nads to make it.
  20. It looks to me like the arena is in a financial bind and it's hoping the regional tournament will help bail it out. Something tells me that politics and money had much more to do with this than the "kids".
  21. Clay and Bell every couple of years??? What are you talking about?
  22. To my knowledge, EVERY region association does not assign JV officials due to not having enough members. Some regions let ADs assign local licensed officials to officiate their home JV games if the region association doesn't have officials available. Our county has a local association of officials work that everything from AAU to JV. Any game that is a school event is assigned by our HS AD. Only officials that are licensed are allowed to participate in HS games. Are you enlightened? Again, I have absolutely NO problems officiating JV games. If I ever start "passing" on too many fouls and it becomes a problem I will let you know how it comes out. Are "Ticky" fouls mentioned in the rule book? If not, don't mention "deviating from the rules" to me again. Thanks That "time is important" comment I made has really caused some bunching.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.